Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 10:08 PM

5 posts, read 9,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
The low lifes hold the streets though. Which doesn't bode well for the community as a whole.

It's wild in Dominican neighborhoods.
I hate low lifes, i have no sympathy and i wish that everyone of them would drop death yesterday. but believe me it's not the wild wild west and low lifes dont hold nothing.....unless your refering to back in the days.

as a young teen, i lived in 164th and Amsterdam ave from 1989 to 1993. THAT was hell on earth. drug dealers dealing dope in all four corners, crooked cops every single one of them, crack heads everywhere etc..but things changed for the better.

we Dominicans are moving out of the heights litle by litle. we are under your bed and inside your closet BOO

Last edited by amildas; 07-23-2011 at 10:53 PM.. Reason: BOO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 07:08 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,922,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
This video sums it all up. Please watch it in it's entirety. I was there, and it was the only time I ever felt for my life.

‪Dominican Day Parade 2010 : Out of Hand (Part 1) Cops mace crowd, then crowd revolts‬‏ - YouTube
I remember this. This is actually where i used to live (186 Audubon). I remember i went to Ikea to get some kitchen and bathroom supplies and totally forgot about the Dominican parade. When i was walking to the apt building every block was flooded with people. Lots of hot girls though!

Old 07-24-2011, 09:02 AM

337 posts, read 969,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amildas View Post
As a Dominican (and first time poster here), i find these posts racist and insulting, i come across every single day with with whites, puerto ricans, blacks, peruvians and many more from different races who are truly POS....crack heads,low lifes,thieves,drunks,drug dealers,pimps,prostitutes,welfare leaches,criminals, and on and on...)but i know , unlike the racist views in this thread,that these low lifes do not represent the majority of their races, my point is you dont point your filthy fingers at us just because you had one bad experience(supposedly).

i truly believe that we Dominicans are one of the hardest working and productive people in this great country, we are far from perfect, but we do contribute a lot to this country.
Yeah, it's funny how people talk about us but everyyone wants to be like us! Lol. Notice none of the people on here talking are latino.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:57 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,054,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amildas View Post
I hate low lifes, i have no sympathy and i wish that everyone of them would drop death yesterday. but believe me it's not the wild wild west and low lifes dont hold nothing.....unless your refering to back in the days.

as a young teen, i lived in 164th and Amsterdam ave from 1989 to 1993. THAT was hell on earth. drug dealers dealing dope in all four corners, crooked cops every single one of them, crack heads everywhere etc..but things changed for the better.

we Dominicans are moving out of the heights litle by litle. we are under your bed and inside your closet BOO
Wow, rough place.

Dominicans stand up!!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2011, 11:18 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,251,946 times
I lived in 160 between ams and broad from about 81 to 92. Rough rough place man. Total war zone. If you go there now it doesnt look so bad because they tore a lot of the worst buldings up and built a school. Im just happy I made it and that I had parents who gave a damn. Thats why anything that happens over there now doesnt phase me. Its kids playing cops and robbers compared to those days.

Also I would like to take this opportunity since this has become Dominican stereotype central to point out that there are tons upon tons of good hard working Dominicans/Dominican-Americans its just the loud dumb and dangerous ones are much more noticeable unfortunately...

Last edited by NooYowkur81; 07-24-2011 at 11:39 AM..

Old 07-24-2011, 12:17 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,219,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el77 View Post
Yeah, it's funny how people talk about us but everyyone wants to be like us! Lol. Notice none of the people on here talking are latino.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call you out on that utter nonsense right there pal...

Old 07-24-2011, 01:35 PM

205 posts, read 507,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call you out on that utter nonsense right there pal...

LOL...ya me too.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:36 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,569,487 times
Quote:
I'm giving you rep points for that

Old 07-24-2011, 01:44 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el77 View Post
Been thier, dont that, nothing special if you ask me. I even had Dominicans say to me yo we see you as a Dominican. There area lot of hard working Dominicans but its just does that get caught up in the hustling game and make it real bad for those Dominicans that wanna propel themselves to be law abiding citizens. There are alot of good Dominicans that care about family and society and want better for thier kids and for themselves. Many fall into typical NYC cycle of deperivation of dropping out of school, teen pregnancy, hustling, prostitution, drugs and other criminal elements like many other New Yorkers of the current and past like BLack Americans, PUerto Ricans, Italians, Irish. One time I walked passed El Morocco on 145 and Amsterdam, a group of Dominican guys kept on eyeing me up like if they knew me or something, looking back and forth and they continued to look at me until I got to the corner, As soon as I crossed the 145th street bridge back to Mott Haven I felt alot safer.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:29 PM

961 posts, read 2,465,293 times
Quote:
I was gonna respond to you respectfully and intellectually, but since you ended the post like a complete moron, I'll just let you live in la la land.

And p.s. The poster I was addressing specifically said (paraphrased) "notice how they're comin on here talking spanish", so yeah, it's pretty obvious what he meant.

He said and I quote "notice none of the people talking are not latino", which makes it even more obvious though the op is Peruvian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City