Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 03:56 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Haha why are you getting all emotional? Aww am I getting you worked up? Deal with it.

Emotional? Dude I'm laughing at you. It's honestly as simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 03:58 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,238,927 times
Wow just wow.

Ib4tl

Old 07-24-2011, 04:05 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,044,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Emotional? Dude I'm laughing at you. It's honestly as simple as that.
Laughing? Seemed more like crying.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:10 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,376 times
Quote:
Laughing? Seemed more like crying.

Pretty much every one of my responses to you has conveyed laughter.

You honestly present yourself like you are a teenager, so this is actually pretty silly.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:13 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,807,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Pretty much every one of my responses to you has conveyed laughter.

You honestly present yourself like you are a teenager, so this is actually pretty silly.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:15 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
We are witnessing the birth of an 18 page thread, I'm breaking out the popcorn for this one.....

Old 07-24-2011, 05:21 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,546,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
Because we (most) are honest people who pay taxes. That tax money is very appealing to them, to rape and take advantage of with no remorse or morality. Keep breeding, keep collecting checks...

Finally someone with the guts and balls to state the TRUTH. We all know it, we all see it, close the tap on food stamps and welfare checks. If that doesn;t force you to get off your butt, then maybe jail is a good thing to look forward to.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:33 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,038,635 times
Quote:
This is basically it. The Uptown Manhattan/West Bronx culture is entirely different from anywhere in the city. I remember on the corner of my block some Dominican dude knocked a girl out and started stomping her out. Keep in mind that many men walked by and didn't do anything, most likely because the dude was a drug dealer. This up here is literally a concrete jungle. In these places you have loud Merengue and Bachata music blasting 7 days a week but especially loud (like room shaking loud) on the weekends. You walk outside and you have the whole neighborhood sitting in front of the building, the older people playing dominoes, the little kids running around getting wet in the hydrant, and the drug dealers standing watch, doing business, all while flashing jewelry next to their Benz and BMW's. The nutcracker (a mixture of different rums and juices) is the preferred drink while weed is the preferred drug. The stench of weed is overwhelming, so much so that many times it seeps into the apartment. Women are harassed, it is as simple as that. The dude would wait for the female to pass and then he would say something. If she reacted negatively towards him, he would proceed to absolutely berate her. These dudes have a lot of pride, so to show him up in front of his friends is a no-no. I suggest those women living here either grow a "don't mess with me" attitude or react positive to the cat calls. Dominican girls are made tough.

The above environment could shake even the toughest New Yorker down to his/her core, a transplant would get eaten alive. This up here is no joke, hell it intimidates me when I have to walk by 7-8 guys on the corner. I've been everywhere in this city, including Dominican neighborhoods in Corona and Cypress Hills and it does not compare to Uptown and the Bronx. To be honest, I am so proud of the Uptown culture that I degrade any other Dominicans who live outside here. They are not part of the core group. To me they are fake Dominicans. If you're Dominican and you have never been to Washington Heights, then to me you are not Dominican. They have it easy, while us up here have to struggle day in and day out.

I can't stand Inwood. So much drugs. It is even worse than here in Uni Heights. Audubon is another worthless strip. To close it off, I have to say that things up here are better now. The environment I described above was ten fold back in the late 80's/early 90's. Cause along with everything I mentioned, you had gun's fired literally every hour, resulting in multiple deaths. Hell the 34th precinct had 128 murders one year, easily the highest total in the cities history (not sure about the 75th precinct). Back then, the population was really against what they perceived as outsiders. This is shown by the Wash Heights riots in the early 90's. In fact, detectives created a special terms for the murders uptown, the uptown murders. It got this name because every time the detectives went to investigate the murder, the community would not help them, and instead always answer "Me no speakie english". They just would not co-operate and it was very true that many of residents back then did not now a lick of English. Also many of the people who were involved in the drugs had used fake identities here, to escape prosecution, so when a person with a fake ID got killed, they really died as a nobody. Detectives where also very wary about the dangers they faced Uptown, they knew the everything go's/no rules up here, eventually they just took every murder of a Dominican and threw it in the garbage, saying "Ah there goes another Uptown murder". It wasn't till that white boy was killed by the Dominicans, that the cops finally decided to do something.

Anyways, our culture is one of having fun and enjoying ourselves. That means booze, women, music, and weed. We just bring it to America.
It hasnt shock my ground yet as for a native New Yorker. I stood my ground many times against people like this and they just walk away or they say what up. THen again 6 feet 2 inches the average new yorker is much shorter than me plus a bit husky too. Man onetime some Dominican guy who was a drug dealer was giving out his business card, yo i threw that thing right on the street as soon as he gave it to me and he watched me throw it. Another lesson, dont speak first, that will really size you up. Man I love infiltrating cultures. Damn I should work for the CIA.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:01 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,038,635 times
Quote:
Not white people but every hispanic does want to be like us. Dominican culture is the # 1 hispanic culture in the city. Why do you think every club plays Bachata, Merengue, and Dembow? Why do you think every hispanics says loco, klk, manin etc why do you think that hispanic girls (especially PR's) # 1 preference are Dominican guys?

Not our fault that white people have no culture.
White People have culture. WHen I visited western NC, I saw white folks going jumping for Jesus like black people do. I saw white people doing dixie dancing. I tried to Dance it but my footwork is still stuck on Hip Hop and House. I visited Dutch Pennsylvania, I came across Amish people, they have a culture look at there age old outdated traditions. THe problem is that when these white transplants move to NYC, they washout there culture and try to adopt to a much more neutrel WASPY American culture which is boring, pale, stale and heavly generic. You think these transplants from the south or midwest can fit in with ITalian, IRish and Eastern European Americans who are also Catholic, NO. They would be eaten alive by white NEw Yorkers and anyone else like DOminicans too.

Yo I know someone who is white but he only associates with Dominicans. YO this guy is half Rican and half white. HE only parties in the heights and west Bronx. YOu see a Puerto RIcan flag on his car but he only blasts Bachata and Merengue, people are like WTF, even white people are like WTF. He even stated that Salsa is boring and who dances salsa? Dancing with the stars only and white tourists. When he goes on Vacation its never Miami or Vegas only DR and he hangs with locals. He only dates Dominican women. HE stated white women are generic. Yo if there was a white woman who was a millionaire and really hot and a Dominican woman with 3 kids from three seperate men, I swear to you he would choose the DOminican woman with 3 kids over rich white woman. Yo my boy married a Dominican woman with 2 kids from two different men and she was on section 8 and her baby father was in and out of upstate prisons like many DOminican men I know. I SMH and so did my friends Rican father and white mother.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:20 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,127,203 times
Quote:
Lets see how far that honesty gets you. You're mad that your life sucks. Stop worrying about other people, and work on yourself. Your as soft as a rabbit's tail. All you do is cry and complain about everything. Also, genius, I hope you know that Dominicans are not the # 1 recipients of welfare. American whites are more reliant on that. We are not citizens, so how can we receive help? Puerto Ricans and African Americans fit more with the relying on public assistance image. Mexicans would be the ones giving birth left around, and you will be the one still crying at the end.
Whites are the largest recipients of welfare because they still make up over 60% of the population of the U.S.

EDIT: I found a source that stated the percentage of people on welfare by race: People on welfare are usually black, teenage mothers who stay on ten years at a time

The breakdown is roughly 39% White, 38% Black, 17% Hispanic, and 5% Other (I guess Asians and Native Americans).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City