Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 07:22 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,086,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
Whites are the largest recipients of welfare because they still make up over 60% of the population of the U.S.
YEp its pretty obvious its mostly whites on Welfare. Sadly whites on welfare is well hidden in this nanny place called NYC. Who ever thinks its mostly minorites on welfare I start rolling on the floor laughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 08:06 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,227,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
YEp its pretty obvious its mostly whites on Welfare. Sadly whites on welfare is well hidden in this nanny place called NYC. Who ever thinks its mostly minorites on welfare I start rolling on the floor laughing.

I think you may be missing an important piece to the article:

Notes on race

Blacks comprise only 12 percent of the nation, but, according to the above figures, they comprise 37 percent of the welfare rolls. This should not be surprising; in 1994, blacks had a poverty rate of 33 percent. We should not, of course, think it unusual to find poor people on welfare. Consequently, discussions of race and welfare must turn on different issues.

So relatively speaking, it's not mostly whites on welfare. And whatever, it is what it is, either way it is a problem. The facts just need to be out there.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:12 PM

961 posts, read 2,467,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
vete pal diablo hijo e'tu maldita madre. tu ere un mariconaso que da pena, palomo en lata. mamaguebaso,....

tu ere el lambon ma grande que yo e visto, deja de mamar tanto manin, que ata te queda un chin de leche en la boca, tu se lo mama a lo gringo y por eso e que tu da pena.

LOL I see your still my # 1 fan, old man.
Jesus man, seriously? This is o.d.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I think you may be missing an important piece to the article:

Notes on race

Blacks comprise only 12 percent of the nation, but, according to the above figures, they comprise 37 percent of the welfare rolls. This should not be surprising; in 1994, blacks had a poverty rate of 33 percent. We should not, of course, think it unusual to find poor people on welfare. Consequently, discussions of race and welfare must turn on different issues.

So relatively speaking, it's not mostly whites on welfare. And whatever, it is what it is, either way it is a problem. The facts just need to be out there.
Most impoverished whites live in rural areas, not urban anymore. The states in which poor whites live in make it harder to recieve assistance not to mention the mere fact of them living in rural areas makes it harder for them to have access to it...."knowing is half the battle".

Back to the ensuing race war on this thread, yet again.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Simply put, you have a bunch of people here who started the thread off talking crap about Dominicans. The first few pages is full of that. Baseless crap with no substance coming from people who do not understand our culture. I would not go to Idaho, move in to a cottage, then come on here and complain. You chose to move there so deal with it.

And Old man Anon, your the dummy who started off with the cursing in Spanish at me. I wrote to el77 basically telling him that I'm not going to sit back while people talk crap about my people, as if every one of us is scum. You being half Dominican should stand up against them too. Instead, you were too butthurt at my mention of Puerto Ricans.

Are you going to deny that you started cursing at me in spanish? Cmon, be real.
No doubt, as available pointed out, a few people (esp. Eastboundwhatever) were coming out of their faces and making sweeping generalizations. But you could've easily pointed out the fact that Dominicans own alot and I mean ALOT of legitimate businesses here in the tri-State area, or that compared to other immigrant groups here they are increasingly going to college to better themselves.

But instead you reacted belligerently, insulted other white people by telling homegirl she had no culture then started calling this dude things I can't repeat in English. That didn't help your case for your peoples, no matter how entertaining I found it....C'mon son!

Old 07-24-2011, 09:03 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,817,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
No doubt, as available pointed out, a few people (esp. Eastboundwhatever) were coming out of their faces and making sweeping generalizations. But you could've easily pointed out the fact that Dominicans own alot and I mean ALOT of legitimate businesses here in the tri-State area, or that compared to other immigrant groups here they are increasingly going to college to better themselves.

But instead you reacted belligerently, insulted other white people by telling homegirl she had no culture then started calling this dude things I can't repeat in English. That didn't help your case for your peoples, no matter how entertaining I found it....C'mon son!

Old 07-24-2011, 09:10 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,227,131 times
Quote:
LOL Why do you get so emotional? You have female tendencies.

BTW, that is two people too much. Seems like you have something against Dominicans as well.

Yeah man, keep deflecting and telling me I'm emotional. You came on here all level headed and mature though right?

And no I don't have anything against dominicans. I don't like low-lifes or skells, whatever skin pigment or language they may speak, but that's neither here nor there.

I do have something against insecure, whiny little toolbags though lol...

Old 07-24-2011, 09:37 PM

To the op, from what I know and what we all know is that many dominicans from Washington Heights and inwood are moving across the river to areas north of yankee Stadium and briniging there social ills, poverty and criminality with them to already troubled and improvished areas of the bronx. Hopefully this statement helps you. Maybe in due time inwood will change. Try to see if you can get s starbucks to open in your area.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post

An officer told me that some Dominican business take part in illegal activites and are fronts for Dominican gangs and drugs.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
An officer told me that some Dominican business take part in illegal activites and are fronts for Dominican gangs and drugs.
I think that's true for a wide variety of ethnicities. How often was it that people assumed certain businesses were a front for the Italian mob? A really close friend of mine used to live on 161st and Broadway back in the early 90's. His pops had a bodega and I think a salon or barber shop, and the drug dealers were trying to persuade him to hold their stash at his shop and reward him handsomley. He refused and they began to extort him. I'm not sure how it went down, but he never gave in. I know alot of these places exist (remember Operation Bodega back in '91-92?), but I know of many who are clean and legit and had to grind to get what they have like my friend's father.

I just had to say something in response to the negativity, especially when i know otherwise. Ironically I remember not to far back these guys said some stuff about Haitians and black people in general that had me vexed and I didn't respond the way they did to these people. Yet here I am defending their nationality. smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City