Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 10:00 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I saw obama once and man that is one large rat we have in the white house.
Bigger than George W. and his son?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 01:48 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,527,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Future View Post
Once in Bed Stuy I was coming hime pretty late (after 2am) there was a huge construction project on a long time abandoned building a few blocks down. I saw what I believed to be a flock of pigeons in the middle of the street. I know birds sleep during the day, so I was pretty curious as to why they would be up so late. As I got closer it was not birds at all, but a couple of dozen rats! What was worse is as I got closer some of them turned to look at me, almost threateningly...I scooted right past them and went into my building - that was pretty gnarly.
Eww....yuk!

Old 07-25-2011, 09:01 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,514,459 times
You're telling me! My place is infested! Seven days a week I come home and this little girl is always there! She drinks (http://www.flickr.com/photos/62098870@N02/5976137863/ - broken link) my soads and opens (http://www.flickr.com/photos/62098870@N02/5976700928/ - broken link) my mail!

I tried getting an attack cat but he's absolutely no use whatsoever. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/62098870@N02/5976701026/ - broken link) I think they may be conspiring against me!

I'm at my wits end!

Old 07-25-2011, 09:48 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,210,835 times
Phoebe looks pretty small compared to an authentic subway rat. Whatever they put in those rat bait containers seems to just make the rats bigger.

Though the biggest rat I've seen is good old Scabby the Labor Rat.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:23 PM

104 posts, read 380,515 times
I was at my subway stop in Bklyn a few months ago and saw a big, fat rat running on the platform with a long piece of string (cord? whatever) hanging from his mouth. Another rat jumped out of the garbage bags on the platform and began pulling on the other end of the string. Much screeching and clawing took place! Everyone on the platform stopped to look at the rat drama! Good times!

Old 07-26-2011, 02:34 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times
We a serious rat problem where I am because, for some strange reason, the housing projects tenants simply take their trash out anytime they want, and dump it on the sidewalk. The pile up begins in the morning and is a big mess by the evening, and sits out there..all night. You have to walk around the pile and the stench.

The rats have a free for all...they are throwing parties in the garbage as people walk by. Of course I called 311 and the response was "it is picked up every morning and put into steel containers so it should not be a problem." Of course, it sits out all day and night, so being picked up the next morning is pointless.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:18 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,527,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
We a serious rat problem where I am because, for some strange reason, the housing projects tenants simply take their trash out anytime they want, and dump it on the sidewalk. The pile up begins in the morning and is a big mess by the evening, and sits out there..all night. You have to walk around the pile and the stench.

The rats have a free for all...they are throwing parties in the garbage as people walk by. Of course I called 311 and the response was "it is picked up every morning and put into steel containers so it should not be a problem." Of course, it sits out all day and night, so being picked up the next morning is pointless.
That classic East Coast Urban behavior, just don't see that in towns like Seattle....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City