Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 08:17 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times

Advertisements

I was just thinking about this for some reason today.......
I don't have one and I've never have lived in the city......however, even though these were mice, not rats, my sister, bless her heart, had 100 of them in her old apartment, obviously, she moved out the same day....
thanks for sharing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 08:19 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times
Seeing rats pop out of the Elmhurst Avenue train station on Broadway in Elmhurst, Queens at around 3am. Things made my heart jump.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:54 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,577,420 times
Well, watching the rats entertains me daily when I'm waiting for the train, both at home and at my office stops....

Another time when waiting for the L train, this rat came out from under the door of this utility closet. A few girls standing nearby starting to shriek, which in turn caused this middle aged man a few feet from them to completely freak out as well.

I've had a few experiences where I've walked by an area at night and seen 10+ rats scrounging. For me it was usually around 11th Avenue in midtown....

Had a mouse in the apartment twice (two different apartments).... But it was just a sighting, it disappeared to never be seen from again. I guess just passing through (lucky me...)

Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 PM

518 posts, read 825,425 times
I once saw Bloomberg. Scary.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:12 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi guy View Post
You sure it wasn't rotten Rudy?

Old 07-23-2011, 09:21 PM

439 posts, read 895,971 times
Don't forget about one of our more famous Mickey's of New York:

‪Rat wakes up Homeless man‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-23-2011, 09:31 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,460,429 times
Quote:
Yeah, I had the displeasure of that experience too - a few times while Pataki was still Govenor and they had some meetings down at the WFC. Bloomberg really is quite short - mind you compared to Pataki, I think we all would be! My only happiness in the last encounter was that I was outside of the office enjoying a smoke break so called out "Hey Bloomberg! I'm still able to enjoy them, boyfriend. The only difference is Jersey just pocketed the taxes on my purchase. Allow me to take this opportunity of behalf of Jersey to say thank YOU ...". He looked away, put his head down, but Pataki was smirking the entire time!

Old 07-24-2011, 02:43 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
I have mice, roaches and bedbugs in my apt, but thank god no rats. But on streets and on the train station plenty of them, so you could say it's part of my everyday life. Once my neighbor (a dignified elderly lady) notified the authorities about the situation, just to find out that all measures to combat the problem has already been taken.

I think we all in this big city and within the communities, rather than to complain should except the fact and move on with our lifes and daily routines.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 07-24-2011 at 03:12 AM..

Old 07-24-2011, 04:06 AM

876 posts, read 2,141,696 times
Quote:
I saw obama once and man that is one large rat we have in the white house.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:56 AM

518 posts, read 1,579,593 times
Once in Bed Stuy I was coming hime pretty late (after 2am) there was a huge construction project on a long time abandoned building a few blocks down. I saw what I believed to be a flock of pigeons in the middle of the street. I know birds sleep during the day, so I was pretty curious as to why they would be up so late. As I got closer it was not birds at all, but a couple of dozen rats! What was worse is as I got closer some of them turned to look at me, almost threateningly...I scooted right past them and went into my building - that was pretty gnarly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City