Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:49 PM

200 posts, read 324,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There's a major modernization of the LGA Central Terminal Building in the works. Architects and planners are already working on it. Don't know if it includes jazz, though.
Mightyqueen801

AND OTHERS HERE (Especially Samyn on the Green)!! This is what I meant about Music played in Airports:

Here is the Link that I saw on YouTube of a Jazz H.S. band playing there.

‪Essentially Ellington -- Airport jam session #1 -- May 15, 2011‬‏ - YouTube

Check it out & let me know what you think (when I said

"Tho' funny thing I saw somewhere was that there was some H.S. students playing a couple of Jazz pieces IN THE AIRPORT.
Go figure!!

It's about time someone thought of this idea here!

When you go to "Baines" Nashville's Airport there are places (cafe's, etc.) that Songwriters, Musicians, Artists, etc. PLAY in.

So, Why can't LaGuardia have something friendly like that?

NYC has a rep for having a Diversity of MUSIC & (tho' I did see on the news that they're planning to have some Art paintings on the walls if they already haven't, but) I saw somewhere that in Nashville's airport travelers always get an opportunity to enjoy chilling out & seeing a performance after they get off the plane OR when they wait for their flight. Plus, would you believe that the article that I saw from this info. said that "Travelers HOPE to get a FLIGHT DELAY so they can Enjoy watching & listening to a Performance"?!

Just imagine having an airport w/ FLIGHT DELAYS W/ a performance that you could Chill Out & watch & listen to WHILE you're Waiting??!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 06:35 AM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certaincircles View Post
Mightyqueen801

AND OTHERS HERE (Especially Samyn on the Green)!! This is what I meant about Music played in Airports:

Here is the Link that I saw on YouTube of a Jazz H.S. band playing there.

‪Essentially Ellington -- Airport jam session #1 -- May 15, 2011‬‏ - YouTube

Check it out & let me know what you think (when I said

"Tho' funny thing I saw somewhere was that there was some H.S. students playing a couple of Jazz pieces IN THE AIRPORT.
Go figure!!

It's about time someone thought of this idea here!

When you go to "Baines" Nashville's Airport there are places (cafe's, etc.) that Songwriters, Musicians, Artists, etc. PLAY in.

So, Why can't LaGuardia have something friendly like that?

NYC has a rep for having a Diversity of MUSIC & (tho' I did see on the news that they're planning to have some Art paintings on the walls if they already haven't, but) I saw somewhere that in Nashville's airport travelers always get an opportunity to enjoy chilling out & seeing a performance after they get off the plane OR when they wait for their flight. Plus, would you believe that the article that I saw from this info. said that "Travelers HOPE to get a FLIGHT DELAY so they can Enjoy watching & listening to a Performance"?!

Just imagine having an airport w/ FLIGHT DELAYS W/ a performance that you could Chill Out & watch & listen to WHILE you're Waiting??!!"
Sounds like a great idea to me! They put art exhibits at the airports--why not music?

Why don't you write to the Director of Aviation at the PA and suggest that to her? I am serious.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:14 AM

881 posts, read 2,253,636 times
I fly out of Delta's terminal at LGA at least once a month and honestly I have no problems with the airport. There has been some renovations lately on the inside which I guess are nice. My airport in my hometown is much nicer but unless there is a major delay I don't spend that much time at the airport - most of the time my wait is 30 minutes or less so I guess I am not going to let the lack of "wide of open spaces" depress me...

I would HATE it if they had musicians playing and I am assuming a lot of the other business travelers would too. My flights can be early in the morning or at the end of a long stressful work day and I can have a headache so the last thing I want to hear is some band with barely any talent. If you want to hear music bring an IPOD...

Old 08-02-2011, 10:03 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,453,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certaincircles View Post
Bronxguyanese

Yes, that's what I was trying to say that - "But lga is the worse,

its filthy,

dirty noisy especially outside with cars honking,

constant flight delays"

& "lga is next to a prison" That's FUNNY I Never thought of that!! LMAO!!
wow. lmao! but that is what i love about new york though.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:49 PM

200 posts, read 324,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
I fly out of Delta's terminal at LGA at least once a month and honestly I have no problems with the airport. There has been some renovations lately on the inside which I guess are nice. My airport in my hometown is much nicer but unless there is a major delay I don't spend that much time at the airport - most of the time my wait is 30 minutes or less so I guess I am not going to let the lack of "wide of open spaces" depress me...

I would HATE it if they had musicians playing and I am assuming a lot of the other business travelers would too. My flights can be early in the morning or at the end of a long stressful work day and I can have a headache so the last thing I want to hear is some band with barely any talent. If you want to hear music bring an IPOD...
Ncsualum, you may have taken me the wrong way I have NO PROBLEM w/ LGA too. I was just describing how the ATMOSPHERE could be better whereas as you had said that "my airport in my hometown is MUCH NICER...". But what confuses me is "Why would you even say that 'my airport in MY HOMETOWN IS MUCH NICER' then

What is Your Hometown?
& I'm Sorry you feel that way about LIVE MUSICIANS Playing in Airport (how Dare they play). I understand you must go thru Long Stressful work Days, etc. & w/ Enormous Headaches, but again I'm also confused that if the "last thing you want to hear is a band play" then

Why would you want to listen to your IPOD if you have these "Headaches"?? Isn't that Contradictory too??

& about that YouTube link that I posted - I guess when you said "the last thing I want to hear is some band w/ BARELY ANY TALENT" Play in an Airport you were Referring to that those H.S. Students PLAYING (JAZZ - "REAL") MUSIC in LGA. Gee, maybe You Should find out Who was Responsible for this "STUPID" Idea. I mean, we ONLY PREFER Listening to what's on our I-POD instead of a Bunch of "H.S. Kids" playing JAZZ in LGA.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:54 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
I don't have much problem with LGA (I fly to Atlanta every so often) except for the dirty bathrooms in the secured boarding area and the cramped uncomfortable security lines. Atlanta's airport is way better esp the security area which is nice and big

Old 10-08-2012, 04:03 PM

156 posts, read 285,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
totally agree--one person's "music" can be someone else's worst nightmare if involuntary, especially if one is stuck in the space for a good while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City