Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2011, 09:34 AM

185 posts, read 242,990 times

Advertisements

I spoke to BBTB like 20 mins ago and everything is on point ! I'll be there wed to get my keys and move in ! I'm excited too... All this has been overwhelming for me... but it seems it will be all over soon !

yea it kinda sucks the supermarket is not that close ! and really no grocery stores only that little one right next to the bruckner blvd entances...

I guess I willl just have to get everything I need when I'm ready to call it a night..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaldez213 View Post
well i love my apt. its my first one so im excited about it. the apt is beautiful and the space is great for me. my son loves it too. my only problem is that i dont drive and all the public transportation is far and also there are no supermarkets around.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:26 PM

507 posts, read 689,070 times
stephanie-you must have me all mixed-up..i dont open up them rated-x web site emails..might be a virus...but still hit me up..as for over here they hooked up the lobby with halloween things..like dolls and pictures..its still there!..if it was the projects!..it/they would'nt be!..thats the truth!..yeah brucknerchick did the-DIP!..yeah them t.v's prices are dipping kinda fast!..the samsung's are nice..so is the L.G-brand-so hotblue..you all set and ready to set up-shop!?...well welcome aboard the BBTB-ship!.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:13 PM

801 posts, read 1,105,196 times
Finally im home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . I dont want to make nobody feel bad . But if i didnt took the risk to go and fight with the city , o woudlnt make it. emotionally I'm not ok yet . It has been long years of prison, programs , shelters , streets , that I still sleep with one eye open. And I hope this will be my new life with a new and peaceful mind. As at Brucknerchick why are they holding you? As I was told I pick up a last 1 bed. And that's a lie!! The building is huge , but for the new comers all they have available is only studios. Wow I feel diffrent , is that is my first place in life on my own.! Don't get me wrong I'm not a assassin or narco !! But I suffer real bad , and I was lost in life doing some crazy stuff. But hey now I ask all of you?? Do you believe in change??? In success? Well I am a example . A lot of people doesn't understand why I was so defensive all the time. Now you know why!! And whoever has been there knows what is about . For those who not , learn a lesson. Let me highlight about the apt. Is nice , some little details that's haven't finish yet like tiles in the bathroom , AC , and paint all over the floor. Now the locks sucks, I might call locksmith tomorrow , but i don't know if I get in trouble for changing the lock. The super told me they need access to my apartment. For what?? With out my concern? Well anyway everything else is nice!! Now my prayers is to keep my house as a temple and the lord bless my home. If anything I can help you guys out just let me know!! Moneboo what's up ??

Old 10-14-2011, 05:28 PM

365 posts, read 502,055 times
Hey Hotblue hunni! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!! You are so right with the struggle part. A lot of people were screwed over by BBTB, and as we all know, a lot is still going on. I haven't moved in yet and hopefully I won't run into anymore problems. In the meantime, I wish everyone the best of luck. To those already in, enjoy it. You've worked hard for it. I'm still sitting here wondering how in the world I'm gonna pack all this s^*t up and move it. As for the locks, damn that! I'm not allowing anyone access to my apartment. My plans were to change locks z week or so after moving in. I never ever trust standard locks. Nor do I trust random people who call themselves supers and gave access to my apartment. If anything, I'll give a family member near by a spare key and they can gain access when I'm not available or near by. One more thing, at the lease signing...they had me sign doubles of everything. I remember signing the terms and agreement sort of document which listed all the rules of the apt and whatnot. Yet....I never received a copy. Why do they need two copies of these documents and yet don't give you time to read through them!? I'm going to look into that. Guess I'll be making some calls Monday.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:53 PM

They did the same thing to me and also the lease is coming by mail. I wonder what is that about?? I will ask for paperwork they can't deny it !!

Old 10-14-2011, 08:11 PM

365 posts, read 502,055 times
I don't know Hotblue..all I can say, I got both my eyes on BBTB. Not letting ANYTHING slide.

Old 10-15-2011, 04:58 AM

brucknerchick-ohh there you are..yeah congrats to you-FINALLY!..it been 1 helleva ride..and you stuck it out..still they put you through too much hassle and bull#&it!..you was determined-and desperate..and they used that to their advantage..still and not yours..the super dont know..because aint nobody from mgnt isn't telling him anythingg!..they is/are the most dynsfunctional mgnt office I ever dealt with-what a couple of do-do birds!..the right hand has to let the left hand-know when to-swing..and vice-versa!.
brucknerchick-please dont approach the super with that assumption/attitude..because he already knows the rules of engagement!..unless you leave something on the stove-or leave the water running-still its always best to have your best foot forward when it comes to the handyman-or super..just in case..theres cameras there-isnt there...so if anything change your lock-but they are required to get/have a key anyolway!..so whats the difference??? as far as BBTB...theres nothing there!..to eat?..supermarket?..if you want the best food/meats..go to fairway on 125st..or travel to pathmark..but watch the dates on the meats!..other than that..its nothing!..unless you plan on eating crackers and tasty-cakes all your time you're living there..mcdonalds?..and as far as them bodegas go-HUH!?..not me!...that stuff is spoiled and expired!..i dont know why people went head over hills for BBTB..its not all-THAT!..from the highway it looks like a up-dated tenament!..look at the surrounding area?..what else is new there within a 13-15 block radius???..they can kiss my black-azzz!!...WANNA PUT PEOPLE THROUGH BULL**** TO MOVE INTO THAT-DUMP!

Old 10-15-2011, 12:23 PM

.......... That's what happens when you don't get what you like, you damn everything to
Make others live that life in hell. But I trust that everyone will be looking soon to move here. Cuz the good things are to come . Not to mention screwed mngmt.. But others things will arrive soon.!!!

Old 10-16-2011, 06:12 AM

169 posts, read 186,963 times
Congrats hotblue and eVeryone else that's set to move in. Your more patient than me after last week I'm done with that office. If they call they call. I agree with deli nothing is over there that's a huge drawback.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:33 AM

..the thing was at first i was feeling it..but after assessing the neighborhood..its right by a bridge/highway..and you're breathing in all that-carbon-I was driving in the left lane closer to the building..and I saw right into someones apartment-clean!..theres willis ave-thats a drug infested area..plus it was a killing/stabbing there saturday night!..r.i.p-who ever you was. I know that the area is bad-let your kids play outside-then!?..where at?..wheres the park at?..not that ****-by the highway-where junkies shoot up!..and live in make-shift tents..com on!..walk to st annes ave-by millbrook projects..or the other way towards mitchel projects!..you're stuck right dead in the middle..it has it pitfalls-indeed..and it pluses too!..the only plus i see is that you can see the boats-coming.going up-down river..and its a stones throw to harlem..so how many gun-shots you heard echoing through your windows-this weekend?,,im not trying to spook anyone here..im talking facts!..the 40th precient dont have enough manpower to keep crime down in that area..so dont think for a second that 1 building is going to change that-neigborhood!..you still has to make it from a-to-b.
I have eyes and ears-everywhere,so i know whats going-on!..and wheres the nearest bank at?..or do they have a a.t.m in the lobby?..not that chase bank on 3rd ave..138street..huh?..i know its not 1 in the other direction-and i dont trust them bodega sidewalk atms..well im going back to my playstation 3 game..im on the 6th-board..let me off this forum..before i get my nerves all WORKED-UP!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery