Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2011, 06:42 PM

801 posts, read 1,105,293 times

Advertisements

Ok, another guest has just arrived to BBTB, he looks very friendly!!! But is very dangerous !!! Cuz he didnt come to play or break in to anybody apartment. He came to eat. I walking outside and I saw a big giant cat!!! But this cat was no cat!! Bottom line it was a real big giant raccoon !!!!!!! So guys careful!

Old 12-19-2011, 08:18 AM

365 posts, read 502,093 times
I saw that racoon the other night from my window!! He was HUGE! He was walking over by the construction site one night and I saw him just strolling. If I ever ran into that thing, I'm sure you guys would hear me. @Steph, I was told that I need to let the heater "bleed". This means to let the water or something run out of the heater. I'm gonna try it when I get home with a bucket and a mop. A few people I've spoken to here at work also said the same thing. If this doesn't prove successful, I'll go to the super's apt and let him come upstairs with me. When I say that apartment was cold, i'm talking FREEZING cold. Anyway, Merry Christmas guys!! Hope everyone's holiday preparations are going better than mine.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:36 AM

103 posts, read 119,535 times
hey guys. so I've been reading all ur posts and im very disappointed. I honestly just want to move out. we waited all this time and went through so much and it wasnt worth it. this managment sucks!!! they take forever to do repairs and they dont care about our safety. also i hate the fact we have to go to the post office to pick up our mail, thats such an inconvenience for me..

Old 12-20-2011, 07:10 AM

185 posts, read 243,008 times
Hello all,

It has been a long time !!! I am very concerned with the safety issues at BBTB especially for all the single women and children !!!! what ever happed wit the tenant meeting you guys planned? did it ever happen? I didn't read every post word for word.... who is willing to go to management and protest ? YOU KNOW I'M GOOD FOR IT.... although, honestly I have not had a problem at all with heat... and I feel pretty safe walking to the building even at night but maybe is bc how I protect myself... but yes I think we should get together...

Old 12-20-2011, 11:25 AM

Hey brucknerChick!! What's going on??

Old 12-20-2011, 02:06 PM

317 posts, read 578,707 times
Yea Moneboo try that first. I was under the impression you bled the heater already. Now I definitely know this your first apartment. Lmao!!! You'll be fine. It's a simple process. I have a feeling once you get some heat you'll be a much happier tenant. Also get with Brucknerchick and the others on a Saturday if it's only for 15 mins. Your ending the year right by being in your place but sadly can't rejoice bc of the nonsense.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:09 PM

Steph...I went home last night and bleed the pipes. And if you ask me, they're worst than before. I did it like I read...turn the key until water comes out, and lock it. Water came out as soon as I turned it. It didn't work. was I supposed to get all the water out or just the air?? Because after a while, it got kind of messy and I just locked it back up

Old 12-20-2011, 02:40 PM

801 posts, read 1,105,293 times
No postal service, heat issues, safety issues , thefth issues , TV issues, I guess everybody hold the rent until we get to see the management , if you are buying materials for you're repairs , save the receipts cuz they have to fund that money back. About the meeting , since the place turn untrusted, I suggest to everybody to knock on every neighbor door , and start socializing. For the way I see it, it's time for a strike!!! I'm down.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:11 PM

169 posts, read 186,974 times
Bleed the pipes? Is that a Hispanic or west indian term?

Old 12-21-2011, 09:10 AM

317 posts, read 578,707 times
Moneboo.... Sorry for just getting back to you. But yes let the water run out. I'm on vacation till after the New Year and I'm seeing how fold it is in my apt. I called management and the girl put me on hold so she could call the super. Apparently she reached him bc she said he'll be up to me within an hr. We will see. Another you should do is cover the ac's up with the heavy duty garbage bags. It may seem "ghetto" but it dies help. Also go to Home Depot or a hardware store and buy a "Door Drafter". It's very simple to install under your apt door. They're great bc it'll keep the cold air from coming under your door as well as insects also. So do those 3 things and keep on management if bleeding the heaters doesnt get the job done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery