Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:56 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,545,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi guy View Post
Do Asians perform Hip Hop?

They try to but many kids (now adults) I know, say the industry is geared to shut them out. Im talking about since the 80's. Only now you have an Eminem and such because of business profitability. Also, technology has opened other possible avenues of obtaining success. But a lot of talented folks I knew, gave up after hearing lack of "street credibility" which is funny considering how many artists truly have "street cred" today? Ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 06:34 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,647,268 times
I've come to hate Bloomberg, but I've never said a word about any attitude toward people of color. I mostly hate him for his insensitivity, or obliviousness, to the concerns of ordinary people.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:13 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,572 times
Giving money to one minority group or another is wrong. If he donated money to white children everyone would call him a racist. Donate money to children no matter what their race is.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:28 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,809,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
All high-powered politicians cater to the rich these days. Very few exceptions. It's the bubble they live in. I'm starting to hate this guy less though. I'd almost vote for him over Obama or Romney for President at this point. (Although he's stated he has no interest in the job and won't ever run.)
But he will spend his money ( just like Soros does) to mess with the political system. I will vote against anyone him --or any other left wing liberal loon -- whos screwsup the system and anyone they back.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:19 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,368,760 times
Well I guess the lesson learned here is no good deed goes unpunished. In the future Bloomberg should keep all his money to himself, as should everyone else with any disposable income, because no matter what they give/do:

-It's not enough
-What took you so long
-Why only this group or that group
-You are doing it for publicity
-You are just racist

You guys really are ridiculous. You don't have to love Bloomberg for donating this, and recruiting other wealthy people to donate, but you can acknowledge that it is something positive...geez. He should have just took the money and bought another $30 million dollar mansion.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:40 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,355,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Well I guess the lesson learned here is no good deed goes unpunished. In the future Bloomberg should keep all his money to himself, as should everyone else with any disposable income, because no matter what they give/do:

-It's not enough
-What took you so long
-You are just racist

You guys really are ridiculous. You don't have to love Bloomberg for donating this, and recruiting other wealthy people to donate, but you can acknowledge that it is something positive...geez. He should have just took the money and bought another $30 million dollar mansion.
You're the one who's ridiculous.

Certain Mafia bosses donate very well to their communities. In Italy, they make large donations to their local Catholic churches.

What's your point?

Old 08-08-2011, 09:05 AM

Yes, so now Bloomberg is a mafia boss. It keeps getting better! As I stated, no good deed goes unpunished, and hopefully he and his friends will not make the mistake of donating money again.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:23 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,355,182 times
Quote:
Yes, so now Bloomberg is a mafia boss. It keeps getting better! As I stated, no good deed goes unpunished, and hopefully he and his friends will not make the mistake of donating money again.
Do you know the history of NYC's City Hall?
Comparing City Hall to the mafia is not farfetched. At all.

Who needs his donations? Cut taxes and government involvement in everyday life and he can keep his money.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:26 AM

Loud and clear wawaeewa. Hopefully all these guys stop donating money and spend it on themselves.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:43 AM

157 posts, read 394,744 times
Quote:

-It's not enough
-What took you so long
-You are just racist

You're so quick to promote Bloomberg's agenda, but you never to stop and question his actions. 30 million is just a drop from his bucket of cash, but it's also enough to curtail anymore bad publicity against him and his lack of support for blacks and Latinos and the poor in general. Why couldn't he have been doing this for years before? The mayor has become less attractive to blacks and Latinos in recent years, and now that the polls show this he has decided to throw some of his crumbs off his 24k gold table to feed the starving peasants that grovel at his feet. Citizen Bloomberg. I will make a movie about him. A film a clef about his ability to manipulate the opinions of anyone with the right number on the check.

And do you honestly think that this money will help? It may help a few people. People that are somewhat motivated to capture the opportunity. What about the people that don't even own I.D.'s or who lack any sort of education? They will continue to be left behind and we will continue to have a growing gap between rich and poor.

And Anon, the school system hasn't improved at all under Bloomberg. The Department of Education is a fraud just like the Board of Education. Math and English can't be the only subjects taught in a classroom. Tests are not the answer to improving public education. A well-rounded curriculum of science, the arts, math, English, humanities, and other courses is needed to improve the disgraceful public school system in New York.

Last edited by JAGED; 08-08-2011 at 10:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City