U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:17 AM

8,747 posts, read 17,724,494 times

Advertisements

Bloomberg to spend millions of his money to help black, Latino males

"The mayor will contribute $30 million from his personal philanthropic foundation to the effort, which is a public-private partnership. Another $30 million will come from billionaire hedge funder George Soros' Open Society Foundations."

Bloomberg to spend millions of his money to help black, Latino males - CNN

But let's not forget, he hates poor people, especially those brown and black ones, right?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 11:25 AM

4,941 posts, read 10,406,757 times
That's pretty cool.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:59 AM

3,027 posts, read 6,568,930 times
Nobody said he hates minorities just that he caters to the rich... now if people want to take that statement as prejudice against minorities then it there minds they have prejudices as well... And bro, you're honestly gonna tell me that you feel this is sincere and not him trying to win back public appeal after the horrendous campaign hes had this year... The guy is a billionaire who can probably wipe his *** with hundred dollar bills... Don't get me wrong this is a good thing, but I doubt that the reasons are the ones you wish to believe they are...

One thing I will say... while at first I wasn't crazy about the way they were going about increasing test scores... as a teacher I do believe that accountability is key and raising the academic standards is one of the best things he did to help these students take initiative and while at first we had disastrous results, thankfully now, we are finally seeing legitimate scores show and the gap has continued to bridge based on recent articles so I will give him credit for that...

Old 08-05-2011, 12:09 PM

7,936 posts, read 8,121,942 times
All high-powered politicians cater to the rich these days. Very few exceptions. It's the bubble they live in. I'm starting to hate this guy less though. I'd almost vote for him over Obama or Romney for President at this point. (Although he's stated he has no interest in the job and won't ever run.)

Old 08-05-2011, 01:01 PM

40,049 posts, read 33,347,714 times
It's nice that the Mayor is making this effort. But let's be honest: halfway into his third term and he suddenly sees the need for this? More like an attempt to get some good publicity, that's all.

And what is the $30 million going for? A quota system. That's all it really is.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:12 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,822,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
It's nice that the Mayor is making this effort. But let's be honest: halfway into his third term and he suddenly sees the need for this? More like an attempt to get some good publicity, that's all.

And what is the $30 million going for? A quota system. That's all it really is.
Exactly. I would like to see how the money is ACTUALLY utilized.

Let's remember all the money that was donated to help haiti and yet haiti is still is ruins.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:15 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,136,372 times
Take a look at his net worth from the time he became Mayor up until now.
Did people really wonder why he spent $100MM on his campaign. It's called a ROI.

30MM is a pittance compared to how he's used his position to further enrich himself.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:11 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,822,080 times
Michael Rubens Bloomberg is the Mayor of New York City and the founder and 88% owner of Bloomberg LP, a financial news and information services media company. He is also the wealthiest man in New York and the 8th richest man in America. His estimated net worth is $18 billion .

I could live off $1 Billion for the rest of my life. I would not work for anybody; i would open up my own gym and create an apt building to manage. I would go on 3 vacations every year.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:42 PM

556 posts, read 1,396,246 times
First, Soros.....

Second, it is still kind of is racist because they are basically saying that black and latino men cannot be good fathers and memebers of society on their own, therefore they should give them money...Yea, that always works well

Old 08-05-2011, 03:04 PM

16,217 posts, read 21,943,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Bloomberg to spend millions of his money to help black, Latino males

"The mayor will contribute $30 million from his personal philanthropic foundation to the effort, which is a public-private partnership. Another $30 million will come from billionaire hedge funder George Soros' Open Society Foundations."

Bloomberg to spend millions of his money to help black, Latino males - CNN

But let's not forget, he hates poor people, especially those brown and black ones, right?
HE should have done that years ago. Its too late now, I got my college degree, but the economy still sucks crap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City