Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 10:01 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,813,232 times

Advertisements

This is a stupid thread originated by a wide eyed Transplant. Literally insulting.

Give everyone in the area, the OP lives, a ticket to surburbia and/or to 'modern southern life' and the majority will take it.

The OP and others like him are so ignorantly BLIND!

For example, why do the girls and women dress so sexily in the 'ghetto'? Simple, because sex is the best, and in some cases, the only, commodity of value which they have for trade in an attempt to obtain 'things' and/or to better their life. So, they advertise!!!!

In the non-ghetto world, there isn't the need to 'advertise' so directly and/or to such a monolithic sense, because women aren't so desparate and/or can obtain 'things' w/o using sex, as they have more means available to them.

Feminism and feminist values are far more pervaisive in the non-ghetto world. Debasing the male psychology to such a degree as to create a new sexuality, metro-sexual. Males void of masculinity, males exhibiting female traits, feminism. Which does not exist in the hood! This is exclusive of homosexuality.

In the hood, you find just the opposite, adult males so psychologically warped, they continue far into adulthood, dressing acting, and conducting their sexuality like teenage boys with an irrational sense of ultra-masculinity.

Of course, at the high school and lower level, sexuality is exhibited immaturely in both the non-ghetto and the ghetto---girls discovering and experiementing with their sexuality; and doing so in a manner not approved by any reasonable adult.

Beyond high school, into adulthood, is where the divergence becomes severe. In the 'ghetto', you find adult women continuing to dress and conduct themselves like high school girls, and with the commensurate negative results. You also find adult women competing, sexually, with girls, for male attention; both women and girls competing for 'things' and self-betterment.

While in the non-ghetto environment, girls transit into adulthood leaving girlish sexuality behind. Transiting to a self value and self esteem, less focused upon sexuality, and more on education, intelligence and feminist values. Rarely, in the non-ghetto, are immature girls competing against adult women.

Of course, none of the above applies to the exceptions, which do exist.

In the 'ghetto', it results in children growing up in over sexualized environments manifesting in disproportionate, out-of-wedlock births, child sexual abuse, single female headed households, and children raising children. In effect, the breakdown of societal values.

Additonally, the availability of 'loose cirgarettes' ILLEGALLY for sale, is not a convenience for the nit-witted Transplant living in the 'ghetto' by CHOICE! Rather it is an indication of the low economics of the 'ghetto', where too many simply can not regularly afford a pack of cigarettes.

Brain dead, you only find 'loosies' where people are POOR and $13 for a pack of cigarettes is prohibitive; and, can mean the difference between meat on the table or no meat. Also, for some, a loosie is a cheap compliment to an expensive 'high'. So, the next time you pick up a loosie, THINK!

Only a stupid Transplant, having CHOICE, moves to the hood, and sees wonder and glory in an environment where most live w/o choice, trapped in a life and environment causing them harm, and are desparate to escape.

Only and idiot, not trappped, 'likes' it!!!!

Think Jay-Z wants to move back to the hood, because the women are hot and he can pick up a loosie!?

So stupidly ignorant, its insulting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
While I can't say I love the ghetto, it is much less ghetto than people realize, and 95% of the people are just trying to live their lives and want to move forward like everyone else. It's that 5% which makes everyone miserable, and ruins the area for everyone, and we 95% are stuck living among them.
Is that like being a little less pregnant?

By "people", be straight and say WHITE people!! You can preface that with 'stupid' if you think it more accurate....

Old 08-12-2011, 10:53 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calispartan View Post
I like the 24 hour delis
There are 24 hour delis everywhere, and in a safe hood, at least I don't have to worry about a couple of thugs with shotguns coming in to rob the place.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:58 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
Doomdon...what hood is "safe" in NYC? It is those places where people get comfortable and the easiest to rob.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:17 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
This is a stupid thread originated by a wide eyed Transplant. Literally insulting.

Give everyone in the area, the OP lives, a ticket to surburbia and/or to 'modern southern life' and the majority will take it.

The OP and others like him are so ignorantly BLIND!

For example, why do the girls and women dress so sexily in the 'ghetto'? Simple, because sex is the best, and in some cases, the only, commodity of value which they have for trade in an attempt to obtain 'things' and/or to better their life. So, they advertise!!!!

In the non-ghetto world, there isn't the need to 'advertise' so directly and/or to such a monolithic sense, because women aren't so desparate and/or can obtain 'things' w/o using sex, as they have more means available to them.

Feminism and feminist values are far more pervaisive in the non-ghetto world. Debasing the male psychology to such a degree as to create a new sexuality, metro-sexual. Males void of masculinity, males exhibiting female traits, feminism. Which does not exist in the hood! This is exclusive of homosexuality.

In the hood, you find just the opposite, adult males so psychologically warped, they continue far into adulthood, dressing acting, and conducting their sexuality like teenage boys with an irrational sense of ultra-masculinity.

Of course, at the high school and lower level, sexuality is exhibited immaturely in both the non-ghetto and the ghetto---girls discovering and experiementing with their sexuality; and doing so in a manner not approved by any reasonable adult.

Beyond high school, into adulthood, is where the divergence becomes severe. In the 'ghetto', you find adult women continuing to dress and conduct themselves like high school girls, and with the commensurate negative results. You also find adult women competing, sexually, with girls, for male attention; both women and girls competing for 'things' and self-betterment.

While in the non-ghetto environment, girls transit into adulthood leaving girlish sexuality behind. Transiting to a self value and self esteem, less focused upon sexuality, and more on education, intelligence and feminist values. Rarely, in the non-ghetto, are immature girls competing against adult women.

Of course, none of the above applies to the exceptions, which do exist.

In the 'ghetto', it results in children growing up in over sexualized environments manifesting in disproportionate, out-of-wedlock births, child sexual abuse, single female headed households, and children raising children. In effect, the breakdown of societal values.

Additonally, the availability of 'loose cirgarettes' ILLEGALLY for sale, is not a convenience for the nit-witted Transplant living in the 'ghetto' by CHOICE! Rather it is an indication of the low economics of the 'ghetto', where too many simply can not regularly afford a pack of cigarettes.

Brain dead, you only find 'loosies' where people are POOR and $13 for a pack of cigarettes is prohibitive; and, can mean the difference between meat on the table or no meat. Also, for some, a loosie is a cheap compliment to an expensive 'high'. So, the next time you pick up a loosie, THINK!

Only a stupid Transplant, having CHOICE, moves to the hood, and sees wonder and glory in an environment where most live w/o choice, trapped in a life and environment causing them harm, and are desparate to escape.

Only and idiot, not trappped, 'likes' it!!!!

Think Jay-Z wants to move back to the hood, because the women are hot and he can pick up a loosie!?

So stupidly ignorant, its insulting.

Is that like being a little less pregnant?

By "people", be straight and say WHITE people!! You can preface that with 'stupid' if you think it more accurate....
I agree. The people who lived in the ghetto and have become successful never return. I would never want to live in the ghetto. I wish no one has to live in the ghetto. I blame the media for promoting the ghetto/thug/hipster lifestyle.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:28 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
No ghetto dreams here.

I love not having to a neighborhood that smells like urine. I love not having anyone's illigit kids break into my car or home. I love knowing that I won't be apart of a murder scene when I take a 5 minute trip to the corner store. I love knowing that I can get a good night's rest without loud music playing throughout the block all night without any consideration that some of us have to wake up in the morning. I love knowing the police will arrive in 5 minutes and I love knowing that I can eat at places than other cheap chinese and spanish food spots.

nope, no ghetto for me

Old 08-12-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
While I can't say I love the ghetto, it is much less ghetto than people realize, and 95% of the people are just trying to live their lives and want to move forward like everyone else. It's that 5% which makes everyone miserable, and ruins the area for everyone, and we 95% are stuck living among them.
lol@ only 5%

Old 08-12-2011, 11:41 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
1) "illigit kids" - This is 2011 not 1811.
2) "Spanish" food spots - no such thing in the ghetto. They are Hispanic. Very few Spanish restaurants in the city, usually they are tapas bars or paella joints.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:46 AM

When the sign reads "Spanish Restaurant" on the front I tend to think they are Spanish restaurants.

And an illigit kid is an illigit kid. Unfortunately, they tend to have more problems than legit ones. And in the ghetto, responsibility isn't exactly on the top of the list of priorities.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:53 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
"When the sign reads "Spanish Restaurant" on the front I tend to think they are Spanish restaurants."
Remain in ignorance then.

Your adjective choice regarding children born to women who have not married is perpetuating blame on children for their parents imagined/actual faults. No human is somehow "not legitimate" based on whether their parents are married or not.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
"Remain in ignorance then."
I'll pass your message along to the Spanish Restaurant owners.

Quote:
Your adjective choice regarding children born to women who have not married is perpetuating blame on children for their parents imagined/actual faults. No human is somehow "not legitimate" based on whether their parents are married or not.
What I said does not in anyway infer that the children are to blame for how they came into the world. "Legitimatacy" is an adjective for an idealistic or appropriate situation (depending on who you ask I suppose), therefore my position remains as is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City