Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 07:20 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,572,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjRey View Post
Thanks Miles. I'll be back next month. I'm gonna check out Astoria next time.
Dj, you've got to check out the Bohemian Beer Garden there - good spot to have a wide variety of beers, see some attractive women, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 07:44 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Dj, you've got to check out the Bohemian Beer Garden there - good spot to have a wide variety of beers, see some attractive women, etc.
That's right in my nabe

Old 12-05-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
That's right in my nabe
Wow! Hey Rachael, maybe I can buy a beer or two for you and your fiance one day. On me, for you being such a nice poster/person!!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:47 PM

19 posts, read 44,990 times
Iggy's

Upper East Side karaoke/dive bar

Upper East Side Videos

Looks like fun

Iggy's New York Karaoke Lounge and Grill

Old 12-05-2008, 07:51 PM

I also recommend this place at Columbus and 84 Street. Friday and Saturday nights are always jumping there with live music, lots of ladies, cute lady bartenders, nice owners, decent food, etc.

Welcome to Prohibition

Old 12-05-2008, 07:51 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Wow! Hey Rachael, maybe I can buy a beer or two for you and your fiance one day. On me, for you being such a nice poster/person!!!!
Nice of you. Except I don't drink--I'll take a Shirley temple

Old 12-05-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Nice of you. Except I don't drink--I'll take a Shirley temple
That's okay, Rachael, I'm not a big drinker - just 1 or 2, but I like music, the atmosphere, and just chatting with interesting people.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:23 AM

398 posts, read 1,331,491 times
Quote:
Attractive women? Variety of beers? Now your speaking my language.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:54 PM

91 posts, read 428,546 times
Any of you ever go to Burp Castle? It's a little pricey but they have some great Belgian and German beers on draught and the murals are awesome. The bartenders don't wear the monk's robes often any more but they will still tell you to "shhh!" if you start getting loud. It's cool because you can actually hear the person you are talking to. Also great pommes frites right around the corner and they let you bring them into the bar.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:36 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
Any of you ever go to Burp Castle? It's a little pricey but they have some great Belgian and German beers on draught and the murals are awesome. The bartenders don't wear the monk's robes often any more but they will still tell you to "shhh!" if you start getting loud. It's cool because you can actually hear the person you are talking to. Also great pommes frites right around the corner and they let you bring them into the bar.
It used to be a good place, but losing the robes, changing the music from Gregorian Chants to soft rock, and dropping a lot of the beers has changed the place. Plus, there's a funny smell at times, that seems to be related to the condition of the bathrooms. I'd give it another shot, perhaps, but I don't know if the changes are for the best. A friend of mine got shushed by another patron and I think the guy was lucky that her "death stare" didn't kill him, and she was not that loud at all. I think the guy was actually trying to pick her up by acting as if he knew the ropes as to the etiquette of the place, but boy did it backfire on him. Still, they do have unique beers, and it's not as noisy as other places in the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: