Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 04:29 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Mom View Post
I read the police blotter for the current week and crime is down or not a big issue. I am concern because my single daughter wants to move here. You have to be smart about walking about after all it is NEW YORK
crime is down due to the cold weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 04:35 PM

912 posts, read 2,099,637 times
3333 Broadway is the ghetto

Old 01-28-2014, 11:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,052 times
Any updates here? Have the security updates been an improvement or a bust? I'm looking at apartments in this area (including one in this building) and would be interested to know. Thanks!

Old 01-28-2014, 11:29 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Florida View Post
Check the Bedbug Registry...
That bedbug registry is the biggest scam that has ever been invented---- there is absolutely no independent way to verify the information posted and it often contains information from people with an
ax to grind.... do not believe a word of what you read on it.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,472 times
Has anyone heard of anything happening here recently? I currently live on 122 and Broadway and am looking at apartments in this building with my boyfriend. The neighborhoods are pretty much the same and I feel safe almost all of the time where I live now. Mind you, I grew up near the Mexican mafia in South Texas. I think he's a little more concerned about the area than I am, thoughts?

Old 04-03-2014, 04:40 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
122 and broadway is NOT the same neighborhood as 3333 broadway. It may only be 10 blocks apart but its a big difference....Start going to the neighborhood more and hang out outside the building.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:47 AM

343 posts, read 1,092,876 times
122nd & Bway is a little more tame than 133rd & Bway, just a little tho..

the building is improving, i'm sure you will be fine.

my Grandmommmie lives there and has an amazing view of the GW Bridge & the water

Old 08-02-2014, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,245 times
My wife and I moved to 3333 Broadway four months ago and we have never once felt unsafe in any way. Having said that, it's certainly not the Upper East Side which is where we moved from, bet then again, we weren't expecting it to be. We have an apartment on the 34th floor with an amazing, unobstructed city view and we're saving a lot of money in rent for about the same sq footage we had in U.E.S.

Now, it IS true that there is a bed bug issue in our building, the D Tower (there are a total of 5 buildings in the complex and I can't speak to the other four buildings). About six weeks after we moved in, we started getting bites and after an inspection, it was confirmed that we had a "mild" case of them. Mild, because we luckily caught them very early which is not always easy to do. The management was very responsive with getting the exterminator here -- we did the typical three treatments every 10-14 days with the last treatment about a month ago. We seem to have beaten it for now but having bed bugs turns your life upside down for weeks on end with having to launder everything and living out of plastic bags, etc. The reason I say it seems to be a "building problem" is because we have talked to a couple other new tenants who contracted them soon after moving in. We will keep it monitored and we have taken several steps to seal the peramitors of the apartment; caulking, Cimexa, etc. If we get them again, we will not renew our lease in 8 months. If we don't have any further issues, we will probably stay because we like living here for the most part and the rent is great... for now.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:40 AM

2 posts, read 3,223 times
To any one wanting to live here and read this !!!!!! The on,y people that are scaried to live here are the ones who are racist and i am talking to them . Glad you don't want to live because we don't want you here !!!! We might be lower class and have lots of people hanging out or doing what they want to do . But that their problem .you think they are not doing bad thing where the upper class live . Crime is everywhere and they came here where people have relly nothing and want to judge . Most of the people make giod and fun with what they have .we all look after one another and for that we are called thugs . Don't think the security protect the building it is a lie the one they call thugs do . Remember this is a big building and becuase criminal that see the people out side stops them from doing and trying alot of thing. If you think i am lying look at this build from the time it was built until now and see how much has happen and how fast it was solved . The most important thing is see that many other builing have had much more happen but they say it is a bad place . I think they are wrong . Ask anyone what happen to them to make them say that and the only thing they could say is what they think not nothing facts or to them . So i am saying goodbye to those that being that it is a bad place when i know this is the most loving building their is . WE ARE ALL LIKE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!! BYE HATErrrrr!",",""","!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2015, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,971 times
My husband and I moved here in March of 2014. I also must say that we've had no problems with any of the tenants. I think there is a lot of fear about the quality of people who live here and that is completely unfair.
HOWEVER, there is, indeed, a problem with bedbugs in the building. We experienced problems 6 weeks after we moved in. The building provided an exterminator, and we were very aggressive with following up with our own treatments (vacuuming everyday for 4 months, caulking the perimeter, laying down Cimexa in every crack and crevice, mattress covers), and felt pretty good about the results.
A week ago they started renovating the apartment below us and the problem resurfaced with a vengeance. We've seen several in our apartment over the course of the past week. The good thing is that they were obviously dying (Cimexa is an excellent product) but it's clear that if a building has them you can never really get comfortable.
We're torn as to what to do. We like the apartment and it's really location is ideal for where we both work, but it's hard to stay somewhere where you feel like you have to live out of plastic bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City