Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 12:13 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,922,261 times

Advertisements

More Cops On Hand To Monitor Drinking, Violence At Tomorrow's Dominican Day Parade: Gothamist

The Dominican Parade is tomorrow. It might be a little calmer due to the rain. The celebration in Washington Heights got out of hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 03:51 PM

919 posts, read 1,691,237 times
Being Dominican myself I completeLy agree. There is no reason for this nonsense to have to have to happen. I know from my family personally, drinking and parties don't go together. We find a reason to party for everything and it seems like everytime the family gets together someone gets drunk and causes problems! I mean come on we're better then that.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:54 PM

730 posts, read 2,054,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klato View Post
More Cops On Hand To Monitor Drinking, Violence At Tomorrow's Dominican Day Parade: Gothamist

The Dominican Parade is tomorrow. It might be a little calmer due to the rain. The celebration in Washington Heights got out of hand.
In addition, the post-parade party in the Heights might be calmer thanks to the fact that the (1) train will not run above 168th St this weekend.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:35 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
They need to eliminate all these parades here in NYC. Especially the Puerto Rican, Dominican, and St. Patricks day parades. I'm a Puerto Rican man myself, but all these parades do is give many people a reason to get belligerant and act like fools. It happens every year.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:38 AM

518 posts, read 1,580,464 times
I am SUPER psyched it rained, and from what I can see, it will rain all day - I had the unfortunate pleasure of be thrown out of a cab at 174th and Broadway on my way to my then BF's apt, when the cabbie saw a mob of dudes and decided he didnt want to go any further.

- I had to walk to 190th and at one point was so scared I was going to be attacked I was hiding in a bodega - only to start getting harassed INSIDE the bodega, when I was forced back into the street. Some of the scariest moments in my life.

Tons of drunk guys , riding on top of cars, screaming, blowing whistles, touching and groping and - throwing water as I walked by.

- I got to the apt, soaking wet, and terrified. At one point I really through I might have been forcibly picked up and driven away. There was one car of dudes that WOULD NOT leave me alone.

I dont know how that **** turns into Lord of the Flies so quickly. But the heat, the booze , and the cultural norms = some scary $hit. Its the only parade I know of that actually makes people get scared (the ones that aren't into that mentality, of which there is no shortage)

Old 08-14-2011, 06:48 AM

337 posts, read 969,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Future View Post
I am SUPER psyched it rained, and from what I can see, it will rain all day - I had the unfortunate pleasure of be thrown out of a cab at 174th and Broadway on my way to my then BF's apt, when the cabbie saw a mob of dudes and decided he didnt want to go any further.

- I had to walk to 190th and at one point was so scared I was going to be attacked I was hiding in a bodega - only to start getting harassed INSIDE the bodega, when I was forced back into the street. Some of the scariest moments in my life.

Tons of drunk guys , riding on top of cars, screaming, blowing whistles, touching and groping and - throwing water as I walked by.

- I got to the apt, soaking wet, and terrified. At one point I really through I might have been forcibly picked up and driven away. There was one car of dudes that WOULD NOT leave me alone.

I dont know how that **** turns into Lord of the Flies so quickly. But the heat, the booze , and the cultural norms = some scary $hit. Its the only parade I know of that actually makes people get scared (the ones that aren't into that mentality, of which there is no shortage)

The rain won't stop us!!!!! And yeah it's probably a good idea to stay out of the area if you aren't Latino.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:55 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:

All of this was going on during this heavy rain? Wow.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-14-2011, 08:01 AM

205 posts, read 507,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el77 View Post
The rain won't stop us!!!!! And yeah it's probably a good idea to stay out of the area if you aren't Latino.

Ya know......Somebody could easily say get back on your f'ing boat and get out of america. Anybody and everybody should be able to walk around where ever they choose. All these parades do is create chaos. Its absolutely disgusting how people act.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:28 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,929,482 times
Quote:

Next time wear a bra under your tee shirt that may help an give you extra SUPPORT

Old 08-14-2011, 08:30 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,929,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback1983 View Post
Ya know......Somebody could easily say get back on your f'ing boat and get out of america. Anybody and everybody should be able to walk around where ever they choose. All these parades do is create chaos. Its absolutely disgusting how people act.

humm a lot of them were born here.........so what boat are you sending them on the Circle line?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City