Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:29 PM

10 posts, read 53,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess16 View Post
hello..im waitIng for approval for the roma apts..I think building 868. just wanted some info on the building itself. is it nice, well maintained? and how long does it take before you here back from hpd. been waiting for a reply since august. any info is greatly appreciated..just getting a little anxious by know. really need dis apt. THX=) congrats to all who got approved!
Hi Jess16, it took about 3 weeks or so before i heard back from mgmt. w/ an answer from HPD. None of the buildings are full yet, so they may just be backlogged. The building i'm in is well maintained. I still find the floors and the building in general to be quiet. Depending on what side of the bldg. you're on, you may experience a little more noise-the melrose ave side of the building is a little busier, and there is a little hole-in-the-wall bar a few doors down. But i ran into someone the other day that lives on that end and she said that the noise isn't bad at all. So i guess it depends on what is tolerable for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 01:33 PM

9 posts, read 32,964 times
Thx for the reply...Wow KeeshMeesh, you got that call back quick! Awesome. yes hopefully they are backlogged. I was called abck twice for more documents I hope thats the reason for the long wait also. Do you mind letting me know if they just gave you any apt? or did you get to chose? Ive also heard that depending on what avenue you are closer to noise level and "hangout" is different...

Old 10-21-2011, 12:14 PM

10 posts, read 53,517 times
Hi Jess16, I had to go back to sign some documents as well, I hope you hear back soon. You can't choose your apartment, mgmt. assigns you an apartment. During the orientation- we were told that if we chose not to accept the apt. assigned to us, then our applications would be terminated on the spot. There is a laundry in the bldg, but they haven't opened it yet. The 2 and 3 bdrooms have their own washer/dryers. The apartment is really nice and spacious, and so are the closets. I have a 2bdroom. It’s a bit warm because all of my windows are facing the courtyard and the back of the other building. My bldg. entrance is on 162nd-where they held the interviews. The melrose avenue side is a bit nosier; there is a small bar a few doors down and some kind of auto/tire repair shop that seems to always be open. There is definitely less hanging out on the courtlandt end, but there is a small park across the street and the tenants from that building often sit out at night (the bldg. I’m referring to is not part of Courtlandt Corners; it’s across the street from the melrose metro north stop).

It’s starting to get colder now, so maybe the noise will die down a bit. I've only been there for about a month, but I don't feel uncomfortable or bothered at all. I leave early for work/school/day care so we're out the house all day. Good luck!

Old 10-21-2011, 06:14 PM

KeeshMeesh, thx for the info on the apt. picking and orientation. I also applied for a two bedrm. I too, if I get the place, will be out the whole day. And I am not expecting the neighborhood to be anything more then you explained. And your blding is beautiful, I can imagine your apt. I hope you continue to live happily and safe at your new place. Will keep you posted on any info I get back. Maybe we will be neighboors=)

Old 01-09-2012, 02:28 PM

2 posts, read 10,104 times
Default The Penfield apt

Here is my story about the THE PENFIELD APT.

July 18,2011 went to an interview. I supplied all the nessary papers. Handed a money order for a credit check. I was told that day that I qualified for studio and or one bedroom. Months go by and no word from them. I call for a statues
of my interveiw. They replied its pending. Again and again I call and get the same response my app is pending. So its now Jan 9th, 2012 close to 7 months later and I just recieved a letter stating that they have placed me on their waiting list. Oh and they returned my money order. Is this the norm?

Old 01-10-2012, 07:48 AM

I applied for the roma, one of the buildings in courtlandt corners. And the exact same thing happened to me. Applied in feb. Got an interview in august. Called and called for the status of my application. And recieved a letter stating that I was put on the waiting list. Even though I am income eligible. Also enclosed was my money order. I dont know where to go from here.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 PM

1,409 posts, read 5,248,573 times
Each of you should contact HPD. They really are trying to clean-up the whole lottery apartment mess. I've found them very helpful. You can start by calling 311.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:09 PM

2 posts, read 4,310 times
hi i summited my application for the roma apartment building 370e 162st in december through the nyc lottery i recently recieved a letter stating that i am on the waiting list and will be called back when my log number is reached......do anyone know how long this process will take?

Old 04-17-2012, 01:57 PM

140 posts, read 395,427 times
@ssumter2009- It simply depends on how high your log number is. All of the applicants ahead of you, that are in your specific income bracket and bedroom size will have to be approved/denied. If enough people are denied or deny the apartment, you have a chance at the apartment. If you're, let's say, #5867, you should assume that you will not be receiving an apartment any time soon for that specific development. Good luck though

Old 04-18-2012, 06:19 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,048,523 times
Have any of you who are a 2 adult household (no kids) received a 2 bedroom apartment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City