U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 05:17 AM

10 posts, read 50,918 times

Advertisements

Hi, i've been reading through many of the HPD lottery posts and wondered if anyone has applied to and/or been accepted into the Penfield building, located on E. 162nd and Courtlandt Avenue in the bronx? I believe the building is a part of the Courtlandt Corners complex(??)

My application was approved by management for a 2 bdroom, I was told a few weeks ago that it was being submitted to HPD for final approval. Just wondering if anyone else on here is familiar with this part of the process and how long it usually takes before you hear back and what happens after?

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 09:47 AM

9 posts, read 28,192 times
I am waiting for a one bedroom from them. I signed docs and am waiting for hpd approval, I was also told that it takes two weeks. Hope to hear something soon. Good Luck!

Old 08-30-2011, 06:20 AM

22,933 posts, read 30,877,888 times
If the building is completed and ready for move-in, ballpark time for HPD approval is around 2 weeks to a month.

Is that $943 for the 2 bedroom accurate? All utilities?

Old 09-09-2011, 08:59 AM

6 posts, read 28,482 times
Default Applied and Waiting for Response

I applied to the Upton which is also a part of the Courtlandt Corners II. I was told yesterday that my documents were initially approved and that it could take up to six weeks to hear back from the city on whether or not I would receive final approval however I heard that a lot of people hear a response within two weeks.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:35 AM

48 posts, read 126,577 times
I think times VARY...my sister had interview in April and moved in July. She too had to go through the HPD approval but she LOVES her apt

Old 09-10-2011, 07:06 AM

22,933 posts, read 30,877,888 times
Sometimes it is not HPD that holds things up but rather the management company with a mile high In-Box. And of course, the management company will BLAME HPD for any holdups.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everadiva View Post
I applied to the Upton which is also a part of the Courtlandt Corners II. I was told yesterday that my documents were initially approved and that it could take up to six weeks to hear back from the city on whether or not I would receive final approval however I heard that a lot of people hear a response within two weeks.
Hi MicheleS1980, I was notified that HPD approved my application just about 2 weeks ago. I signed my lease on the 9th and will be moving on Tuesday. I'm so happy I got in, I've applied to several but this was the one I really wanted.

Kefir King, my rent is 943, however electric is not included.

One note to others applying/waiting for this building, if you are approved by HPD, you'll need to go through orientation (basically you come to the building, get the list of Dos and Don'ts from the property manager and then you are shown the unit HPD approved for you). You are not allowed to view other apts. and if you are not happy with the apartment they will terminate your application on the spot (this is verbatim from the property manager when i went to my orientation). After you've seen the apartment they will sit down with you and have you choose a lease signing date and a move-in date. They only allow move-ins Mon-Fri, between 9am and 4pm. They only allow 3 move-ins per day. Oh yes, you do NOT get your keys until the day you move-in. On your scheduled move-in date, the property manager will meet you with your keys and complete a walk through of the apartment and then you'll be allowed to start moving your stuff in.

Good luck to everyone!

Old 09-16-2011, 06:34 PM

Sorry 4everadiva and micheles1980, i mixed up your names/posts when i replied.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:18 AM

6 posts, read 28,482 times
Smile Congrats KeeshMeesh

KeeshMeesh, congrats. I hope you enjoy your new place.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:46 AM

48 posts, read 126,577 times
does anyone have the # to the management office...NOT the Phillips Group. Thanks in advance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City