Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,862 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Breezy point. "BreezyRocks" you get it. You don't need fancy stores or movie theatres in Breezy. My friends I grew up with have kids now of their own. Everyone knows everyone. It doesn't even feel like NY. My house is on the ocean and it is better than the Hamptons. I have been to the Hamptons and I couldn't wait to get back to "the point". There are a few low keyed famous people that live here and we treat them like everyone else. They don't have to worry about the Paparazzi or the tabloids. We all look out for one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 05:28 AM

5 posts, read 88,516 times
what famouse people live in breezy ?

Old 07-08-2009, 07:50 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,812,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin504 View Post
As with many place in America, there are up sides and down sides depending upon who you are, what you are, your ethnicity, race, religion, etc.

Breezy Point is a beautiful place - quite relaxing with mostly white residents. This is casting no negative aspersions, simply answering the question.

If you happen to be a person "of color" -- your presence there will be most unappreciated, to put it mildly. And YES... this type of behaviour still exists and will continue to exist. You may not get a cross burning, but you may be looked upon with considerable "disdain".

Other than that, if you're of the "right description", then Breezy Point is the place for you!

Smooches

Robin504
Quite accurate.

The same can be said for Belle Harbour next door, except the Irish don't own the place---they just think they do.

Breezy Point, the last point in Brooklyn where blacks are excluded. Even Seagate in Coney Island has been penetrated!

Old 07-08-2009, 07:53 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,812,434 times
Famous residents:

For one, Brooklyn's own, Charles J. Hynes, Brooklyn District Attorney.

KCDA Homepage

Am I the only one who finds it disturbing, that an elected official, holding an office, which by its nature requires the holder to be unbiased, fair and impartial, lives in a segregated community?!!

Old 03-22-2010, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 3,317 times
I am looking to rent a home in breezy point for the summer and can not find a realtor who can assist me. Who did you use to buy your home?

Old 07-10-2010, 08:07 AM

4 posts, read 12,721 times
I am interested in buying a BAY FRONT in Roxbury. Is there a broker who is best tunbed in? Is it word of mouth only? THANKS.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:55 AM

4 posts, read 12,721 times
I meant TUNED in.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:50 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,997,730 times
Default Breeze point park

I know this is an old thread, but felt a need to resuscitate it, due to the recent Hurricane Sandy, and the loss of over 100 homes in this community, which has devastated it.

This is what is so fascinating about City-Data, that one can find information about almost anything at one's fingertips. This is a fantastic data medium.

And as a New Yorker, I feel ashamed of myself for not knowing anything about Breeze Point, until tonight!!!!!

One question: Does Breeze Point's Park belongs to Brooklyn or Queens? Thank you,

Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,915,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
I know this is an old thread, but felt a need to resuscitate it, due to the recent Hurricane Sandy, and the loss of over 100 homes in this community, which has devastated it.

This is what is so fascinating about City-Data, that one can find information about almost anything at one's fingertips. This is a fantastic data medium.

And as a New Yorker, I feel ashamed of myself for not knowing anything about Breeze Point, until tonight!!!!!

One question: Does Breeze Point's Park belongs to Brooklyn or Queens? Thank you,
You're not the only one. BP has been a very private area until now. Hell, You could never even find pictures of the neighborhood until recently, now there everywhere. Its a Queens neighborhood [11697].

Old 11-04-2012, 12:57 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Default Heartache

Although it has been years since I've spent any time in Breezy Point, I couldn't help but cry when I saw pictures of the devastation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City