Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 10:08 AM

4 posts, read 6,728 times

Advertisements

I had a new neighbor move in about 6 months ago. Now that he has gotten comfortable, about 1 month ago he began parking in the handicap spot, and it pisses everyone off. What makes it worse is that he's a juicehead, parking in the handicap spot! Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 10:16 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,850,343 times
You could ask him why he parks there? Maybe he has a legitimate reason? Like an enfeebled mother?

Call 311 and have his car ticketed? A few days and a few tickets later, he will stop.

Try not to get pissed off about things that have nothing to do with you?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:58 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
You could ask him why he parks there? Maybe he has a legitimate reason? Like an enfeebled mother?

Call 311 and have his car ticketed? A few days and a few tickets later, he will stop.

Try not to get pissed off about things that have nothing to do with you?

If you don't have a handicap parking permit or a handicap plate, you have no reason to park in a handicap parking spot, regardless if you have an elderly person in your car.

This person shouldn't be taking a handicap parking space if he has no permit to do so.

Call '311' and make a complaint and have him ticketed. Once he has to pay $200 for parking there, he'll think twice before doing it again.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
If you don't have a handicap parking permit or a handicap plate, you have no reason to park in a handicap parking spot, regardless if you have an elderly person in your car.

This person shouldn't be taking a handicap parking space if he has no permit to do so.

Call '311' and make a complaint and have him ticketed. Once he has to pay $200 for parking there, he'll think twice before doing it again.
I realize that. I am just offering possible solutions, or trying to placate someone that is blowing a situation out of proportion...

Old 08-30-2011, 12:10 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
Quote:
I realize that. I am just offering possible solutions, or trying to placate someone that is blowing a situation out of proportion...

How is the OP blowing the situation out of proportion?? He simply said the new neighbor is parking in a handicap spot and implies the guy has no handicap permit or license plate. This is annoying him as well as the other neighbors. He asked for suggestions.

I don't see anything "out of proportion".

Old 08-30-2011, 12:12 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,580,539 times
311 is the best solution. No one needs to speculate or make excuses for anyone.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
How is the OP blowing the situation out of proportion?? He simply said the new neighbor is parking in a handicap spot and implies the guy has no handicap permit or license plate. This is annoying him as well as the other neighbors. He asked for suggestions.

I don't see anything "out of proportion".
That's because you believe what you read without questioning it.

Taken at face value, perhaps this is an annoying situation. I doubt we are getting the whole story though, as this is the internet, and as the OP seems to have a personal grudge against this parker for reasons other than where he parks. For instance calling him a juice head, when that is not really a trait you can judge about people based on their parking habits.

Either way, since I mentioned that he could call 311 long before you came to this thread, I don't understand why you are starting a holy crusade on the subject. I gave him 3 suggestions, you agree with one of them but not the other 2. Fine.

Why do you keep going on and on about it? You want him to do one of the three things I suggested, no reason to get so butt hurt or stand on a soapbox.

I don't naively believe everything I read on the internet, you should try it.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:25 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
Quote:
For instance calling him a juice head, when that is not really a trait you can judge about people based on their parking habits.
That word 'juice head' is being thrown around left and right cause of the Jersey Shore TV show.

How does the OP know he's a juice head?
Cause he has muscles?
I'm 6'4 272 lbs loaded with muscles and I'm clean.
....with steroid test to prove it because I compete in weight lifting events.

I sense that the OP is a man---and out of shape man at that---saw a possible user of anabolics do the slightest thing out of order and then the jealousy set it. Because the OP is fraidy scared to say anything to him he came here to get some suggestions on how to become a man and live in this city.
Am I right?

Punk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City