Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 01:29 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,858,718 times

Advertisements

Wow, three separate replies to the same comment. How stupid can a person get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 01:33 PM

127 posts, read 236,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Wow, three separate replies to the same comment. How stupid can a person get.
LOL yeah so dumb! Someone shoot me.

But I just read a post from websterave that straight up makes you look like a moron! Id rather write 3 different responses then have someone make me look like a complete fool providing numerous facts to prove what you said is compeltely wrong! 97% fellas keep it up mayb next yr you can hit 100%

Old 09-19-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster Ave Guy View Post
I am sorry but you are incorrect. There were large numbers of Afro-Americans in the US Army alone in WWII. The Army was about 1.3 million alone in the active duty forces. I think its a safe estimate that at least 800,000+ were Afro-Americans. Units like the all black 555 Parachute Infantry Regiment, the Tuskeegge Airmen and all the all black Army Air Forces, the all black trucks units in the Army's Transportation Corps, etc. all evidence that Afro-Americans were WELL REPRESENTED in the Army, and thus, were fully eligible for the GI Bill. This is not counting Black Marines and Sailors who served with distinction in combat. A great book on Black Airmen in WW II is "Red Tails-Black Wings" (recent movie about it too), and also the biography on Ben Davis Jr, the US Air Forces first Black Lieutenant General, who graduated from West Point and commanded Army Air Corps units in Europe against the Nazis.
This is great

Old 09-19-2012, 01:35 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironkid1 View Post
HAHA your right! I do sit here and giggle because your sound so damn dumb! People like Webster talk about their neighboohds, and you being all of 22 yrs old! is gonna tell him what things were like. It truly is amusing,

And trust me fella there isnt anyone in the world that would intimidate me lol ESPECIALLY some 22 yr old. Go get a hobby, im retired cruising the internet, whats a 22 yr old on here ranting about his misfortunes for anyway? lol a damn shame these children.
Couldn't answer the question? Commented 3 times with no reply typical. You sound like your intimidated by a fly btw all talk all bark but no bite.

Btw are you voting for Obama?

Old 09-19-2012, 01:41 PM

770 posts, read 1,130,657 times
Angry You need to read history

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Pick up any history book dealing with African Americans and then we can come back and talk.

You are fast revealing yourself to be as bigoted as hilltopjay and laughable is your denial that 100 years ago the Irish were no better off than the blacks in their public image, despite the fact that being English speaking whites, it was easier for them to assimilate. The poorer and less literate Italians who arrived with them were far less involved in petty crime or bawdy violence.

So analyze why the Irish were the way they were in 1920 and that will tell you lots about the current condition of blacks. And note the poverty programs that you deplore were not available then yet violence, drunkenness, substance abuse and broken families as a sgtrong feature of Irish life and the Catholics, already concerned about their image in this majority Protestant land, were forced to "tame" them. The Irish being the most visible Catholics at the time.
I think you are so out in left field you cannot even see the center. Yes it was easier for the Irish to acclimate to NY and elsewhere due to their language. But like others they too faced raw and brutal discrimination. Tame the Irish--now where did you get that 'fact? Irish schools were started in America because they were not ALLOWED in British Controled IRELAND! In fact, the native language of the Irish (Gaelic) was outlawed and not allowed in schools, you could not wear green or shamrocks on your lapel, or critize the British in any way or you were deported to a penal colony! So when the Irish came to the US, they started Irish Catholic Schools to educate their own. In 1920, one year after the Easter Rebellion, the Irish were finally starting to really put pressure on England to allow them freedom and eventually the south of Ireland was allowed its own home rule. But by that point, many Irish had already come to America due to the great hunger, lack of political freedom, no jobs, etc. Don't forget my Faux Historian, the Irish were ruled and raped by the British since the 1400s, and formally by Oliver Cromwell and those after him for CENTURIES.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Couldn't answer the question? Commented 3 times with no reply typical. You sound like your intimidated by a fly btw all talk all bark but no bite.

Btw are you voting for Obama?
And the amusement doesnt stop! LOL typical, you go to school, have a job, and do everything that your supposed to do, and you want a pat on the back? haha congrats young man!

Just because you or a handful of people actually do something with your lives, doesnt change the fact of 97%. I dont care if you go to Princeton, 97% of blacks/hispanics involved with shootings. Thats my point of behaviors that people make excuses for.

And as for me being intimidated by a fly, lol what makes you come to that conclusion? I believe your trying to act all tough and macho saying "If you saw me, that giggling would stop" haha threatening people over the internet is the tough guy thing to do these days?

I'm never going to see you in real life as I have no clue who you are, but I can assure you that you shouldnt under estimate someone, ever! Raised in brooklyn you should already know that!

Old 09-19-2012, 01:49 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,858,718 times
Quote:
LOL yeah so dumb! Someone shoot me.

But I just read a post from websterave that straight up makes you look like a moron! Id rather write 3 different responses then have someone make me look like a complete fool providing numerous facts to prove what you said is compeltely wrong! 97% fellas keep it up mayb next yr you can hit 100%
Well at least you admit you're dumb. Your idol isn't telling the whole story. He forgets to mention that its 1.3 million blacks compared to more than 14 million non-blacks who served, which is consistent with the current situation that blacks are less represented in the upper levels of society than whites. It was never about blacks being totally absent. You need to improve your interpretive skills. Better yet, go to college.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:49 PM

770 posts, read 1,130,657 times
Default Untrue Once Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
The only point with the GI Bill is that Irish and Italians today shouldn't be wagging their fingers at blacks about crime and poverty when they themselves used massive amounts of government support unprecedented by historical standards to collectively dig themselves out of poverty.
Big Daddy, "Massive amounts of Gov support"? If the GI bill is what you are talking about, it was a relatively small amount of money per returning GI. But the impact was hugh economically for the US adn helped us to rise to the top as a nation and win the Cold War. There were no Pell Grants, FedGOV student loans, etc. to pay for schooling in the 1940s/early 1950. It was all private money or private scholarships that paid tuition and fees. Given that there was almost no welfare programs in NY in the 1940s to 1960s, its hard to understand how you can substantiate your opinion.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:50 PM

I won't go at it with Webster ave because he is actually having a correct debate and doesn't look like he's paying mind to ironMan and hillbillytop.

But ironkid and hilltopj are just so angry that their stereotype were proving wrong once they found out they had to wipe the anal of a black man for 8 straight years obama

How does it feel to have 1 black man make your stereotypes look like rants???

How does it feel that your fellow white people voted a black male in office lol???

You mad??

Also hilltopj and ironkid idk neither of you in person but how does it feel to know a black male as me will be hopefully making a salary in the future hat will be bigger then both of you combined lol?

Btw ironkid I have 6 white girls coming over this Friday. Me and 3 of my friends we are all black and were all going to get drunk. White girls tol us to bring condoms.....wanna come and watch a movie?

If you have a daughter she is invited as well.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
And the amusement doesnt stop! LOL typical, you go to school, have a job, and do everything that your supposed to do, and you want a pat on the back? haha congrats young man!

Just because you or a handful of people actually do something with your lives, doesnt change the fact of 97%. I dont care if you go to Princeton, 97% of blacks/hispanics involved with shootings. Thats my point of behaviors that people make excuses for.

And as for me being intimidated by a fly, lol what makes you come to that conclusion? I believe your trying to act all tough and macho saying "If you saw me, that giggling would stop" haha threatening people over the internet is the tough guy thing to do these days?

I'm never going to see you in real life as I have no clue who you are, but I can assure you that you shouldnt under estimate someone, ever! Raised in brooklyn you should already know that!
Ahhhhh nothing more like making someone feel stupid.

How does a crime rate represent the majority of race? So if NYC had 10 murders and 9 of them were commuted by blacks and Hispanics, while Hispanics and blacks combined accounted for over 60 percent of the population, how would 9 Latino and black men represent the majority of black and Latino men?

Crime has been decreasing every year In NYC while the population of Hispanics and blacks have increased. So with that being said how exactly do a few men out of the whole 2 groups represent the whole group in general?

You do know what the meaning of a stereotype is right? It's strictly means the certain actions of a non-majority section of a group, therefore meaning the majority of blacks and Hispanics aren't criminals or thugs as you say.

I rest my case. Until you prove to me the majority of blacks and Hispanics are thugs, killers etc this discussion is done and as usual the racist looses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City