Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 09:33 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
How you cannot see this is wrong on a few levels is beyond me.
How old are you?
You know? If it's all just fun, I wonder how they would feel if it were their mothers and daughters booty grinding and gyrating on everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 10:02 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,997,730 times
Exclamation Will you call this good community relations?

What is your opinion on these two tapes?

NYPD Police Officers Bump and Grind at West Indian Day Parade Video - YouTube

NYPD Cops Dance Dirty With Women During West Indian Day Parade - YouTube

Old 09-15-2011, 07:16 AM

412 posts, read 1,327,110 times
They were enjoying the festivites, don't see why this made national news.

It happens at the W.I. parade.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:21 AM

412 posts, read 1,327,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
You know? If it's all just fun, I wonder how they would feel if it were their mothers and daughters booty grinding and gyrating on everyone.
There's nothing wrong with what they are doing. Its called DANCING! Have those that have a problem with this video ever went to the West Indian Day parade.

It's not different than Carnival in Brazil or Trindad. They were having fun and it happens every year.

There are worst things that the media should be reporting than making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Sheesh folks need to lighten up!

Old 09-15-2011, 08:05 AM

357 posts, read 727,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaeve View Post
There's nothing wrong with what they are doing. Its called DANCING! Have those that have a problem with this video ever went to the West Indian Day parade.

It's not different than Carnival in Brazil or Trindad. They were having fun and it happens every year.

There are worst things that the media should be reporting than making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Not all forms of fun are equivalent.

Yes, there are worse things that the media should be reporting on, but let's not act like this is good, clean fun.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:59 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,348 times
On a professional level, yes, it is wrong. These are officers, and the possibility of something happening is high (someone going for the gun or someone saying "I didn't consent to my booty being jacked").

At the same time, the carnival atmosphere makes it very easy, even for NYPD, to get caught up in the moment! The parade is very festive (I don't want to think about what happens in Trinidad or Rio!). I have a feeling, though, that next year's parade will have NYPD more on their professional toes than they have ever been.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:43 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaeve View Post

lol been to the WI parade many a time...just not this year.

The "just dancing" is embarassing behavior. That "mating call" should be left for the bedroom. The fact that even children under 10 even follow that example is even worse

Like I said before, those who think of it as innocent, would have something else to say if their 4 year old daughters were griding on some boy like that, or if their mothers were scantly clad griding on anyone and everything in the street. Folks really should get some class.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:34 PM

175 posts, read 487,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
lol been to the WI parade many a time...just not this year.

The "just dancing" is embarassing behavior. That "mating call" should be left for the bedroom. The fact that even children under 10 even follow that example is even worse

Like I said before, those who think of it as innocent, would have something else to say if their 4 year old daughters were griding on some boy like that, or if their mothers were scantly clad griding on anyone and everything in the street. Folks really should get some class.

That's how the carnivals are like. People just having fun and yes it is dancing. There is nothing embarrassing about this type of behaviour in this setting. And anything that's not innocent is bad for kids, thats why you have parents. That's like saying well what about all the things on TV, do your jobs parents. And if my mother want to do that, its her life, not mines.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:55 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
The dancing is all fine and good, but the Police Officer was not there to be bumping and grinding with anyone. My tax dollars were not for him to be there doing his wiggle thing, let alone his performance of him thrusting his hips into the womens behind. That for a POLICE OFFICER is and was totally un-acceptable.

Ray Kelly is an idiot to say it was no big deal....please. It was not professional.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:11 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
The dancing is all fine and good, but the Police Officer was not there to be bumping and grinding with anyone. My tax dollars were not for him to be there doing his wiggle thing, let alone his performance of him thrusting his hips into the womens behind. That for a POLICE OFFICER is and was totally un-acceptable.

Ray Kelly is an idiot to say it was no big deal....please. It was not professional.
Did the commish really say that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City