Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 10:32 PM

801 posts, read 1,100,786 times

Advertisements

I love NYC cuz is so f@@@ &;&;&;& crazyyy!!! I get to see so much things, that I couldnt imagine that human nature will ever do!!! And it's awesome!!! Blabla.... Really? Honestly , I can't be hypocrite!!! I been here only 5years and I have not have a nice moment yet, but theres people that has only one day in NewYork and was his best moment of his life!!. Pretty much is the enviroment, like buildings, and parks , some type of atractions as well. I terms of living . ??!! But keep loving NewYork!!! Crazzzzzyy people!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 10:34 PM

82 posts, read 152,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
99% of the people in this city are very far from friendly.

Anyway, my favorite part about the city is it's character, especially in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and The Bronx. I love the look of many areas around those parts.
Never found that to be true, as far as I'm concerned New Yorkers are very friendly, maybe not always polite or not afraid to speak their mind but at least they'll look you in the eye and talk to you, unlike many Midwest and West-Coast people.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,117,583 times
I love New York for a three or four day visit for the spice and variety.

Than after 3 or 4 days of traffic and hustle, I love returning home.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:05 PM

143 posts, read 297,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid wave View Post
Never found that to be true, as far as I'm concerned New Yorkers are very friendly, maybe not always polite or not afraid to speak their mind but at least they'll look you in the eye and talk to you, unlike many Midwest and West-Coast people.
Some New Yorkers hold very strong opinions and are not afraid to speak their mind. Some may view this as impolite and rude and therefore unfriendly. But I'd rather have that than the phony polite but patronizing way some people out in the suburbs have. Course this is a broad generalization.
You'll find good people and bad people everywhere.

And everyone has a different viewpoint on what they consider rude.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:10 PM

143 posts, read 297,425 times
To answer the op's question, what I love about NY is the pace, variety & overall ambience that is NYC. It's unique. Plus, Manhattan is a pedestrian paradise. It's common to meet people who think (like me) that walking 30 or more blocks is not a big deal & do so on a daily basis.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:21 PM

25 posts, read 44,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid wave View Post
I so agree, man! FRIENDLY! They just talk to people they see out walking, and there's plenty of people at all hours of the day and night. That is what is SO COOL about NYC. No other place is like that!

Old 09-15-2011, 11:33 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,771,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
I love NYC cuz is so f@@@ &;&;&;& crazyyy!!! I get to see so much things, that I couldnt imagine that human nature will ever do!!! And it's awesome!!! Blabla.... Really? Honestly , I can't be hypocrite!!! I been here only 5years and I have not have a nice moment yet, but theres people that has only one day in NewYork and was his best moment of his life!!. Pretty much is the enviroment, like buildings, and parks , some type of atractions as well. I terms of living . ??!! But keep loving NewYork!!! Crazzzzzyy people!!!!!!
Somebody explain this post to me like I'm a two year old.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:44 PM

25 posts, read 44,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilSkies View Post
To answer the op's question, what I love about NY is the pace, variety & overall ambience that is NYC. It's unique. Plus, Manhattan is a pedestrian paradise. It's common to meet people who think (like me) that walking 30 or more blocks is not a big deal & do so on a daily basis.
The walking is also cool. No need to go to a gym because even with the subway there's a whole lot of walking involved.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:19 AM

224 posts, read 345,778 times
Shopping, glamour, glitz, art galleries, exquisite dining scene, the worldliness, the architecture, the prestige, the wealth, the energy, the excitement, the quaint picturesque streets, the towering skyscrapers, the beauty, the grit, the edginess and trendiness.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:16 AM

154 posts, read 447,852 times
I really love the Christmas season in NYC, from thanksgiving up until Christmas... Its just wonderful! Eventhough I don't celebrate it...
I just love it! The beautiful decorations, holiday music,
sales! Sales! Sales! Grea8t shopping!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City