Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 06:28 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,130,114 times

Advertisements

The action and the pub transport, the food, the environment, the buildings.

The City Data New York City Forum is pretty cool too. One of my favs to visit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 06:31 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,130,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
99% of the people in this city are very far from friendly.
Just taking the city out of the equation, the people on this forum have to be some of the friendliest people on city Data. The NYC forum is one of my favorite forums to visit.

For the most part, all seem to be proud to be a New Yorker be it a native or a transplant. Most, it appears like living in NYC, even with the flaws.

Go to the other foumrs. It seems everyone hates where they live. It seems to be more common as the city get's smaller. Most on this forum don't knock you over the head for asking questions even if the question has been asked 17 times already.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:09 AM

428 posts, read 1,468,014 times
There's an intangible 'feel' about the City that is strictly its own. The vibe is wholly unique, and even as the City constantly shifts and changes, progressess and occassionally veers off course, the "feel" never goes away. It's an undeniable constant that makes it one of the truly unique places in the country, if not the world.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:40 AM

878 posts, read 2,006,301 times
The food, under $55 tax-exempt clothing so i don't have to go all the way to Jersey, $2.25 transportation (not the contents of it, obviously), the diversity.

I really like City Data though. People talk about things i thought only flowed through my head (eg. transplants, neighborhoods, etc.)

Old 11-07-2011, 08:00 AM

237 posts, read 328,145 times
I kinda fell in love with the city again after a long time away. it's the art and culture that is so immersive, it's inescapable. Last week, saw the Ronald S. Lauder private collection at an UES museum. amazing collection of art, sculpture, and weapons dating back hundreds of years(like 11th century and earlier.) saw the Carsten Holler exhibit a few days before that, and saturday, went to the intrepid sea/air/space museum. the amazing variety of people, food, music, and endless, endless energy. that's why I love NY.

If it had los angeles weather, I'd never leave...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City