Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 10:44 AM

303 posts, read 603,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
I understand that but you're telling me you can't see the irony of a case built for over 4 years now and then literally less than two weeks after a major gun-running ring was busted in the NYPD they all of a sudden decide to take these guys down... To me, it just sounds a little too neat and convenient...
I see the irony between these two cases and it seems fishy too, but idk all the details behind the NYPD case so I'll have to look at it again. I just thought you didn't understand the investigation process of the Harlem case thats all.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:19 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
City Council Member Has Brush With 9mm Bullet: Gothamist

City Councilman had a brush with death.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:22 AM

657 posts, read 1,632,701 times
Quote:
I know... I was agreeing with you
Do you remember last year when that cop from the 81st precinct blew the whistle on his brethren when he recorded and released an audio of his commanding officer during a meeting instructing leadership to arrest people for minor crimes and give out tickets for bogus offenses in order to meet and maintain the quota of arrests and summons?

Old 11-07-2011, 06:38 PM

303 posts, read 603,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post
Do you remember last year when that cop from the 81st precinct blew the whistle on his brethren when he recorded and released an audio of his commanding officer during a meeting instructing leadership to arrest people for minor crimes and give out tickets for bogus offenses in order to meet and maintain the quota of arrests and summons?
I do.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:33 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,920 times
Bronx mother sues Kennedy Fried Chicken after son was stabbed - NYPOST.com

Don't even know who I'm more disgusted by... the gang members or the people who worked there and who seriously put the lives of their customers in danger...

Old 11-08-2011, 05:18 PM

810 posts, read 837,099 times
Quote:

Don't even know who I'm more disgusted by... the gang members or the people who worked there and who seriously put the lives of their customers in danger...
They perps are "young gunnaz", basically retarded teens from crack addict parents that not even the crips/bloods take seriously. However, they are also very dangerous because their numbers are growing. If the cops won't deal with them you know what's coming next.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:53 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,290,190 times
Quote:
Yea I saw that about a week or two ago when it came out... What upset me the most though was the fact that the cops did absolutely nothing to protect the kid... It seems as if the cops were scared to even stop these kids when they started harrassing the kid and then just let them go to do whatever they wanted... This could have easily been prevented but instead of doing there job and protecting a citizen that did thema favor, they just let the thugs do as they pleased...
Unfortunately the cops are not legally obligated to protect you. They are there to catch and help the DA prosecute criminals, not serve as personal bodyguards...and people wanna call me crazy for advocating the right to keep and bear arms, but that's for another thread though.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:07 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:

That was a pretty crappy move to cut the lights off...they could have just called the cops....but the mother trying to sue them? lol. Kennedy Fried Chicken isn't required to provide security for its patrons lol.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-09-2011, 07:47 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
My brother said that a shooting occurred on Andrews ave last night, in front of a school. Supposedly the whole area was taped off. He said he heard 3 shots, but I can't find anything on it. Maybe it was this, which occured on Grand ave & Evelyn Place. That's just up the block from the W 183rd strip, which I consider the worse part of the neighborhood.

But another violent crime occurring on Grand (and in University Heights). ..This time 2 people shot both around the corner from each other.

Police: 4-Year-Old Shot During Attempted Bronx Robbery - NY1.com

I hope that's the one my brother heard, I would hate to have 3 shootings happen so close to me.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:52 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
My brother said that a shooting occurred on Andrews ave last night, in front of a school. Supposedly the whole area was taped off. He said he heard 3 shots, but I can't find anything on it. Maybe it was this, which occured on Grand ave & Evelyn Place. That's just up the block from the W 183rd strip, which I consider the worse part of the neighborhood.

But another violent crime occurring on Grand (and in University Heights). ..This time 2 people shot both around the corner from each other.

Police: 4-Year-Old Shot During Attempted Bronx Robbery - NY1.com

I hope that's the one my brother heard, I would hate to have 3 shootings happen so close to me.
You gotta live with it kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City