Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 02:22 AM

71 posts, read 116,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creator03 View Post
Between those two, I'd pick Meyer's.
They are cheaper when it's all said and done, unless $40~$50 difference does not mean much to you.

Their pants, tees and hoodies are definitely heavier and the prints survived their first two washes whereas Macs' prints didn't.

At least that was the case with the October class' experience; I realize that stores could change the brands they use without advance notice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen6275 View Post
I bought from Meyers and am very satisfied. I know some guys that went to Macs and the quality is good, but they neglect to tell you that they charge extra for embroidery and it takes a few days to get done. Meyers embroiders for free and they do it while you wait. Not trying to steer anyone away, but make sure you ask Macs if the prices include embroidery, and what the turnaround time is. P.S. Use your hook if you have one to get into M7. LOL

Thanks for the replies. Meyers it is then, and the fact that they'll be at FBF makes the decision all the more easier.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Your commuting from staten island to fbf? What time do you leave your house for that? Have to give you a lot of credit most people couldnt handle that commute without a car.
right now my only options are to borrow a car, or go the rental route. unfortunately i gotta go with a rental and its costing me about as much as the uniforms cost BUT, i gotta do what i gotta do. as far as taking mass trans to FBF...forget that sh*t. I'd lose my mind if i had to do that for a month.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:07 AM

876 posts, read 2,136,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will It Happen View Post
right now my only options are to borrow a car, or go the rental route. unfortunately i gotta go with a rental and its costing me about as much as the uniforms cost BUT, i gotta do what i gotta do. as far as taking mass trans to FBF...forget that sh*t. I'd lose my mind if i had to do that for a month.
You need to get a car because you wont get a district in staten island.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
You need to get a car because you wont get a district in staten island.
Hope to get one end of Dec. I know SI will be completely out of the question for a few years.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:35 AM

28 posts, read 50,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will It Happen View Post
Hope to get one end of Dec. I know SI will be completely out of the question for a few years.
Even if u got in staten island you'd constantly be going out of town put it this way your trunk if you had a car will be your locker

Old 11-15-2011, 08:42 AM

337 posts, read 512,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonset718 View Post
Boring, in class all day, had a few funny conversations though. Really hope you guys get on in 2012. I still can't believe I'm on. Still hasn't hit me. Thanks for the support, ill try my best to let you guys kno what to expect as im doing my rookie year lol hang in there...take your vitamins!
Thanks for reminding me I'm going to take my vitamins right now!!!!
Congrats on your start!!!! You have a new anniversary date to look forward to every year now!!
Best wishes!!

Old 11-15-2011, 09:33 AM

88 posts, read 196,861 times
We all just got evacuated because of a gas leak at the building next door at FBF. First time I could say i'm getting paid to do nothing!

By the way the union guys were talking and there are about 5 pharmacies in Brooklyn, 5 in
SI and a couple in queens that accept the card for the prescriptions. They're gonna try to get us a list (if the building doesn't blow up).
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Old 11-15-2011, 02:14 PM

147 posts, read 298,711 times
If you dont own a car on this job you may as well quit.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:33 PM

137 posts, read 254,376 times
Question for the Sep and the Oct class members:

Do you know of anyone that got a lower badge # over someone with a lower list #? Meaning, if "Joe's" list # is 1000, and "Mike's" list # is 1050, but Mike's badge # is somehow lower than Joe's?

I know of one case --- It's great for that guy, but the guys that went to the same garage as him got screwed royally.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:45 PM

337 posts, read 512,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creator03 View Post
Question for the Sep and the Oct class members:

Do you know of anyone that got a lower badge # over someone with a lower list #? Meaning, if "Joe's" list # is 1000, and "Mike's" list # is 1050, but Mike's badge # is somehow lower than Joe's?

I know of one case --- It's great for that guy, but the guys that went to the same garage as him got screwed royally.
It could happen. Especially if Mike was ready before Joe for the job. If Joe was missing one thing or another or if Joe did not finish all of his medical stuff before Mike. or if Joe was missing his CDL and Mike already had it..... different situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City