Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 04:40 PM

103 posts, read 207,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will It Happen View Post
I guess no news is good news. Just speculating a bit, but perhaps it's still being negotiated. Nov 14 is basically around the corner, so if there is no official news yet so close to the start date, I'd like to think that maybe this may work out after all. Let's hope.
Definitely gotta keep the hope alive.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:59 AM

33 posts, read 48,270 times
Lets all just pray and keep our fingers crossed people...we'll know when we know. I do feel bad for all of those who are unemployed or lost their jobs while training for the CDL...and hope something good happens...

Old 10-26-2011, 09:53 AM

112 posts, read 194,703 times
they def aint sayin nothing til they jus start callinfor final processing. and no news is good news. caz more then likely if it was cancelled they wuda sed it by now.but ya neva no

Old 10-26-2011, 10:58 AM

337 posts, read 512,400 times
Either way we all got to keep praying for this to come through for all of us!!
At least you all know where you stand I still have not received word if I'm cleared or not from my medical. No letter, No call, No info at all, I'm still waiting to be able to join the last CDL driving class next week!
All we can do is pray and hope!

Old 10-26-2011, 11:11 AM

87 posts, read 125,593 times
Darlene if you cant get in, get it on your own.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 AM

112 posts, read 194,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarleneBronx View Post
Either way we all got to keep praying for this to come through for all of us!!
At least you all know where you stand I still have not received word if I'm cleared or not from my medical. No letter, No call, No info at all, I'm still waiting to be able to join the last CDL driving class next week!
All we can do is pray and hope!
yea def get ur cdl on ur own cause ur waitingtoo long if they start callin ull never make it

Old 10-26-2011, 11:35 AM

337 posts, read 512,400 times
I'm going to call for the CDL class in my area but I need the Medical certificate to take the class in a regular driving school right?
So I have to make a DR. appointment first for the Doctor to fill out the medical certificate.
Plus I still have not heard word about my medical clearance from DSNY medical department. That's what I'm worried about. I'm not sure if the letter from my doctor was enough as they requested. Was it accepted and I am cleared medically or not? That's the question that I'm trying to get the answer to but there is no one I can get a straight answer from.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:52 AM

116 posts, read 239,724 times
For people in the October class....... when did you get called for final processing? If the November class was scheduled for the 14th, I'd think they would have to start calling by Monday or we can pretty much assume its at least delayed, correct?

Old 10-26-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginBklyn View Post
For people in the October class....... when did you get called for final processing? If the November class was scheduled for the 14th, I'd think they would have to start calling by Monday or we can pretty much assume its at least delayed, correct?
They started calling about 3 weeks out

Old 10-26-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarleneBronx View Post
I'm going to call for the CDL class in my area but I need the Medical certificate to take the class in a regular driving school right?
So I have to make a DR. appointment first for the Doctor to fill out the medical certificate.
Plus I still have not heard word about my medical clearance from DSNY medical department. That's what I'm worried about. I'm not sure if the letter from my doctor was enough as they requested. Was it accepted and I am cleared medically or not? That's the question that I'm trying to get the answer to but there is no one I can get a straight answer from.
Darlene you need the medical form filed out if you will be driving any non municipal vehicles. Heres the link
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/documents/s...cal-report.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.