Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2011, 05:14 AM

71 posts, read 116,658 times

Advertisements

Robin,

I wasn't trying to argue or offend. And perhaps I could have worded it better. The point I was trying to make, is that for some people, while in the process of taking multiple civil services exams, they have preferred one job over another. For example, someone may want NYPD or FDNY over DSNY. Conversely, some may want DSNY first over the other tests they took. If that is the case, then it made sense to obtain the CDL immediately upon passing the written. However, for those who had DSNY as a second or third choice, it seemed more logical to deal with the CDL when the need arose. I have met many people who shared the same sentiment. Is it the right approach? I guess it depends on the individual. But in no way was I trying to imply anything negative about DSNY or anyone's goal to become a SanMan. If it came of that way, and anyone did get offended I do apologize. Heck, im going nuts waiting for official news and hoping I'll be one of the lucky ones to be selected if it does happen. I want this bad.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:22 AM

87 posts, read 125,698 times
Hey Guys, when will they start calling if thats the case?? Although 105 will be harder for me to get in. Ill just pray everyday that I get that call. To all the guys that do get in, Good Luck, wishin you the best. Also, thanks to the Sanmen ( who are on the job ) for filling us in everyday. Very helpful. Hope to work with you gentlemen very soon.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:41 AM

86 posts, read 145,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will It Happen View Post
Robin,

I wasn't trying to argue or offend. And perhaps I could have worded it better. The point I was trying to make, is that for some people, while in the process of taking multiple civil services exams, they have preferred one job over another. For example, someone may want NYPD or FDNY over DSNY. Conversely, some may want DSNY first over the other tests they took. If that is the case, then it made sense to obtain the CDL immediately upon passing the written. However, for those who had DSNY as a second or third choice, it seemed more logical to deal with the CDL when the need arose. I have met many people who shared the same sentiment. Is it the right approach? I guess it depends on the individual. But in no way was I trying to imply anything negative about DSNY or anyone's goal to become a SanMan. If it came of that way, and anyone did get offended I do apologize. Heck, im going nuts waiting for official news and hoping I'll be one of the lucky ones to be selected if it does happen. I want this bad.
Well this might be your lucky day. If they do call 105 guys. Good luck.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:31 AM

71 posts, read 116,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round robin View Post
Well this might be your lucky day. If they do call 105 guys. Good luck.
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:37 AM

42 posts, read 76,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_bosco View Post
Hey Guys, when will they start calling if thats the case?? Although 105 will be harder for me to get in. Ill just pray everyday that I get that call. To all the guys that do get in, Good Luck, wishin you the best. Also, thanks to the Sanmen ( who are on the job ) for filling us in everyday. Very helpful. Hope to work with you gentlemen very soon.

Being that there are two holidays week after next(election and veterans day), they should start calling this monday. It should be about 20 people a day, until they fill all the spots necessary. That's what it was when I went last month. I'm estatic they are taking another class. 1. I know what it is to be waiting on this for 4+ years and 2. I need some ****in people under me!! $#!T!!! lol. Good luck to all once again. and for ya'll that don't make the Nov cut, still be positive, you have till Feb. 2014. Hang in there.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:50 AM

97 posts, read 165,496 times
Hope the info is right, was hoping for 125, maybe id have a better shot, but its what we all want, so ill wait...Btw How long is the medical good for?

Old 10-29-2011, 08:10 AM

87 posts, read 125,698 times
I was hopin for 125 also. My list # is 160*. But ill pray for that call lol

Old 10-29-2011, 08:16 AM

103 posts, read 207,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_bosco View Post
I was hopin for 125 also. My list # is 160*. But ill pray for that call lol
Good luck man hope u make it on. Im at 148*. Hopefully that's good enough to get me in. time to pray some more.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:26 AM

97 posts, read 165,496 times
Both of u guys will make it,... who knows half the people say nov is on, half says its cancelled, all we need is for them to start making those calls.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:26 AM

360 posts, read 735,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELTING? View Post
Hope the info is right, was hoping for 125, maybe id have a better shot, but its what we all want, so ill wait...Btw How long is the medical good for?
Think 6 months .. Heard story's some guys redoing there medical 3 times before getting called...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City