Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 11:25 AM

297 posts, read 473,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulSanMan View Post
Man I hear that. My wife thinks I'm going crazy. I'm not sure I disagree
Bro I know...that's like 2they weeks ago when took my road test I kept hearing my wife and 2 girls in my head saying "we are relying on u...daddy we need this, don't screw up"...

Old 11-02-2011, 11:30 AM

245 posts, read 385,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc2gsr View Post
Bro I know...that's like 2they weeks ago when took my road test I kept hearing my wife and 2 girls in my head saying "we are relying on u...daddy we need this, don't screw up"...
LOL, I hear ya man, I was the same way and i had my CDL already. If we dont make it now hopefully that rumor of a march class is true.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:43 AM

337 posts, read 512,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwings View Post
Still no word Darlene, have you gotten any answers from anyone telling you anything.
The only answer I keep getting is that DSNY has to pass my number for them to send me a letter on what to do to fight my medical rejection. I keep telling them I received a letter requesting I go to my doctor and get a physical from them which I had to send back BEFORE September 30. (I did that) but I have not received word back from them since then. I'm just waiting....... but I am going for my CDL on my own since I was taken off of the CDL class 10/17 because they did not receive my medical clearance either.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:53 AM

245 posts, read 385,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarleneBronx View Post
The only answer I keep getting is that DSNY has to pass my number for them to send me a letter on what to do to fight my medical rejection. I keep telling them I received a letter requesting I go to my doctor and get a physical from them which I had to send back BEFORE September 30. (I did that) but I have not received word back from them since then. I'm just waiting....... but I am going for my CDL on my own since I was taken off of the CDL class 10/17 because they did not receive my medical clearance either.
Unreal, Its a good your getting your CDL on your own. So when they call you your ready

Old 11-02-2011, 12:39 PM

27 posts, read 37,848 times
Just want to wish everyone here waiting to get called good luck. If you make it, look for me and vinny gloves on the forklift course at fbf. And bring seeds.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:04 PM

58 posts, read 121,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc2gsr View Post
Please...I got a letter in the mail yesterday from dcas...my heart started beating like crazy...I said to myself " omg...finally "...I then see the word congratulations...at this point I almost had a heart attack...I read further...congratulations u have successfully passed your experience and knowledge exam for the position of train operator...I almost cried =[
Lol!!! I took that same test back in the day, I'm still on the list for that!!! It's really not a bad job. 152* here waiting patiently for a phone call!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 PM

337 posts, read 512,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualNYC View Post
Just want to wish everyone here waiting to get called good luck. If you make it, look for me and vinny gloves on the forklift course at fbf. And bring seeds.
SEEDS? Sunflower seeds?
What did I miss on that one?

Old 11-02-2011, 01:22 PM

289 posts, read 745,902 times
Hello everyone i just wanted to remind all of you future sanitation worker's this is a great job even on your worse day and every job has one ,remember you make your day ,don't let other's get into your head,and some will try, there are a hol-s on the job ,but there are also good guy's stick with them listen and learn the job. Do not talk s-it when you get on the job because you will get a name as mr. Or mrs. Know it all.as far as the crazy shift's everyone goes through it just stick it out it is well worth it in the long run.when i started i was last man in my garage 160 men, when i retired i was number 5 out of 82 men i had it made as you all will just be strong and stick it out.good luck to you all and join the 457 plan it's a great plan for you in your retirement year's .

Old 11-02-2011, 01:37 PM

27 posts, read 37,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarleneBronx View Post
SEEDS? Sunflower seeds?
What did I miss on that one?
Yep, sunflower seeds. Vinny likes the dill pickle flavored ones. There just seems to be an inproportionate amount of sanworkers up here eating seeds. Myself included.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:39 PM

19 posts, read 32,382 times
I guess nobody got "the call" today.... I think going thru this whole process has taken a couple of months.. If not years off my life due to stress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City