Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 08:15 PM

86 posts, read 144,709 times

Advertisements

A lot of us complain a lot, but this really is a good job. My wife and I go to the doctor for free, glasses, dental all free. That alone is next to impossible to get nowadays. I have three years and 3 months otj and my paychecks are still not great. But like everyone says, just stick it out until top pay and you'll be ok. And btw, m7 looks like an office building, everything is brand new. Some garages are so bad they should be condemned. I've been in just about every garage in the 5 bouroughs. Some are nice, some are decent, some are ok and some are horrible. If you wind up in a disgusting garage, maybe the other san men and bosses will be cool, so don't get discouraged. Most likely a few of you will not make your probation. That's a sad thing. Do whatever you can to be responsible now, because if you get fired, you'll regret it for the rest of your lives. 20 years and out don't come along everyday anymore. Take avantage of it. Good luck and God bless you all.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:36 PM

297 posts, read 473,069 times
Oh boy! Looks like march for me...well Congrats to all those who got called...I'm going to b here for the next five months b*tching and complaining! Damn Bloomberg!

Old 11-02-2011, 08:38 PM

297 posts, read 473,069 times
73 million on a damn bike path...but we gotta wait for jobs...cutbacks my *ss

Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 PM

245 posts, read 385,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc2gsr View Post
Oh boy! Looks like march for me...well Congrats to all those who got called...I'm going to b here for the next five months b*tching and complaining! Damn Bloomberg!
Looks like I'll still be here with you bitching about that dope. Lol. Bro there's still a chance. If not well rock that march class if there's one.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:39 PM

245 posts, read 385,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc2gsr View Post
73 million on a damn bike path...but we gotta wait for jobs...cutbacks my *ss
Those *******s don't even use those lanes.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:54 PM

147 posts, read 298,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualNYC View Post
Yep, sunflower seeds. Vinny likes the dill pickle flavored ones. There just seems to be an inproportionate amount of sanworkers up here eating seeds. Myself included.
Those dill pickle seeds were damn good! Thanks. =)

Old 11-02-2011, 11:59 PM

39 posts, read 65,632 times
If your waiting for a call...you need to just start calling H.R. until you get a clear yes or no answer. I honestly think they were gonna skip over me. They were calling people with higher list numbers than me and i freaked out. I never got the call...I called them. Grab the bulls by its horn, call h.r. and ask them whats going on. How come they havent called you?

To the guys going to final processing just make sure all tickets are paid for, Postal money order for $94.25 exactly, 1 Bank statement or Bill, Birth Certificate, 20 page booklet completely filled out. Name and social even on pages that didn't apply to you, CDL and any documents that you did not have during orientation. For me it was my S.S. Card. It wasn't a long process, pretty much from 8-12, flew by quick.

If you Dont get called dont let it bother you. Problems with medical etc. dont get stressed. I know it sucks but Two years left on the list Is plenty of time to get everything in order. If your below 2000 your gonna be a San Man. Its pretty much guaranteed they will have atleast 1 new class each winter. Probably gonna get up to number 2200 at the very minimum. So dont worry. Hell quit your job and collect unemployment, go on vacation, the job is yours.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:53 AM

27 posts, read 37,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round robin View Post
A lot of us complain a lot, but this really is a good job. My wife and I go to the doctor for free, glasses, dental all free. That alone is next to impossible to get nowadays. I have three years and 3 months otj and my paychecks are still not great. But like everyone says, just stick it out until top pay and you'll be ok. And btw, m7 looks like an office building, everything is brand new. Some garages are so bad they should be condemned. I've been in just about every garage in the 5 bouroughs. Some are nice, some are decent, some are ok and some are horrible. If you wind up in a disgusting garage, maybe the other san men and bosses will be cool, so don't get discouraged. Most likely a few of you will not make your probation. That's a sad thing. Do whatever you can to be responsible now, because if you get fired, you'll regret it for the rest of your lives. 20 years and out don't come along everyday anymore. Take avantage of it. Good luck and God bless you all.
July08 or Aug08 class?

Old 11-03-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMansBro View Post
Those dill pickle seeds were damn good! Thanks. =)
Which wacko were you? And do you remember the 3 automatic downs for the mechanical broom?

Old 11-03-2011, 12:59 AM

BTW, supposedly 500 sanworkers to be hired starting in April after night plow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City