Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 05:20 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,167,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
Huh? No parking lots? Ok, you gotta explain this one...
If you live in the projects of Manhattan (and most in the Bronx and Brooklyn), likely near a subway station. Why on earth do you need a car? Appoint on street parking for residents only and add a small fee to the rent if someone desires a spot.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:52 AM

525 posts, read 899,469 times
This post is ridiculously insane. Anyone who looks up to or idolizes thug behavior is just plain ignorant. If your heroes are rappers and crooks their is something wrong with your head. If you think it's cool to walk around with your pants around your ankles you have some serious issues. I understand the concept of poverty and projects and no education but if an individual is attracted to it then they get exactly what they deserve jails, and death whoppee. I want to be like that guy, f@@@ the man. Any individuals chances of becomingf a rap star or basketball or football player is millions to one, please have a plan b to get out of the hood. Besides most tough people are full of fear that's why they have to act tough and carry a gun [stupid]. A person who is okay with themselves dos,'t need all that crap and still be okay with themselves. Forget the tough guy act forget the tough guys in prison forget little wayne and get on with life.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:34 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,373,929 times
Sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. It's all their own fault...of course...Moderator cut: Let's leave political parties out of the discussion, please.

So no, you don't understand the concept of poverty, projects, no education, subjugation, exploitation, control, and institutionalized racism.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-20-2011 at 07:52 AM..

Old 10-20-2011, 07:55 AM

I guess the next question would be; Do you wear your pants low and show your boxers when you are walking down the street? Do you wish to be a rap star? Do you look up to drug dealers? Is Biggie smalls your hero? If you answered yes to any of these questions you are subject to getting just what you deserve-a racist world- if not then chances are you will go somewhere in life and become a usefull citizen in society, the choice is yours victim or victor.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:11 AM

39 posts, read 77,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
I guess the next question would be; Do you wear your pants low and show your boxers when you are walking down the street? Do you wish to be a rap star? Do you look up to drug dealers? Is Biggie smalls your hero? If you answered yes to any of these questions you are subject to getting just what you deserve-a racist world- if not then chances are you will go somewhere in life and become a usefull citizen in society, the choice is yours victim or victor.
Wow, I was unaware upon signing up for this forum that there was this much blatant stupidity and ignorance running around.

Lets meet in times square, so I can gladly give you an ass whooping while sagging my jeans, drugs in my pocket, and wearing a biggie smalls t-shirt.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:14 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,373,929 times
The answer to your question is no I don't. But according to the world you live in, you should be treated based on how you look, and nothing else matters. If you have 1 eye and don't cover it up with glasses, you deserve to be mocked and ridiculed. Are you fat? If you don't lose weight and conform expect to be bullied! Are you ugly? Good luck getting a job! Can't afford nice clothes? Oh well, guess you will be treated badly..and you deserve it!

And therein lies the problem in our society. If you are black, no matter how you dress, you are treated the way you "are supposed to be treated", and if you are white, you are treated "the way you are supposed to be treated." Thanks for clarifying that heetseeker.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:28 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,814,616 times
There is no such thing as "institutionalized racism." Give me a freakin break! In the hood, you don't even have to work and the system showers you with subsidized housing, free education, free food, etc, etc. Contrary to the mythology of the "man" always trying to keep you down, the system goes out of its way to give hoodlums a chance to climb out of the ghetto. Try not working in a 3rd world country and see what happens to you..... you will starve! Despite all these resources being thrown at them, hood rats squander it all. They take every opportunity given to them and turn it all into cr-p. No effort or willingness to improve their lot in life.

Just look at the illegal Chinese immigrants that come here from China. They don't even speak English! Surely they must bump into that wall of "institutional racism" that you always fret about. How come their kids are not out at 2am shooting up Chinatown/Flushing, running around with their pants pulled down past their ankels, while intentionally trying to mangle the English language? No, they are off working 2-3 jobs in restaurants/sweatshops and pushing their kids to suceed in school. By the 2nd generation they are climbing into the middle class, while the hood rats are "whadup'ing" in the ghetto pumping out more miscreants.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
The answer to your question is no I don't. But according to the world you live in, you should be treated based on how you look, and nothing else matters. If you have 1 eye and don't cover it up with glasses, you deserve to be mocked and ridiculed. Are you fat? If you don't lose weight and conform expect to be bullied! Are you ugly? Good luck getting a job! Can't afford nice clothes? Oh well, guess you will be treated badly..and you deserve it!

And therein lies the problem in our society. If you are black, no matter how you dress, you are treated the way you "are supposed to be treated", and if you are white, you are treated "the way you are supposed to be treated." Thanks for clarifying that heetseeker.
We may have disagreed earlier in this thread, but I couldn't have put that in better words my friend. Its literally ridiculous the kind of rationalizing people on this forum do when it comes to this.

In my other thread where I explained my story of being arrested for being caught sleeping on the train with partial of my leg on the seat in front of me, posters immediately proceeded to ask me what I was wearing. Like, what the hell does it matter? I didnt even want to give them the respect of answering that question, because I knew if I told them the answer they wanted to hear, that they would automatically justify the cop's action in their heads no problem.

"You get stopped by the cops all the time? Well obviously bro, your wearing jordan sneakers. Can you blame them? You had it coming"

Since when the hell is this okay?

Old 10-20-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
There is no such thing as "institutionalized racism." Give me a freakin break! In the hood, you don't even have to work and the system showers you with subsidized housing, free education, free food, etc, etc. Contrary to the mythology of the "man" always trying to keep you down, the system goes out of its way to give hoodlums a chance to climb out of the ghetto. Try not working in a 3rd world country and see what happens to you..... you will starve! Despite all these resources being thrown at them, hood rats squander it all. They take every opportunity given to them and turn it all into cr-p. No effort or willingness to improve their lot in life.

Just look at the illegal Chinese immigrants that come here from China. They don't even speak English! Surely they must bump into that wall of "institutional racism" that you always fret about. How come their kids are not out at 2am shooting up Chinatown/Flushing, running around with their pants pulled down past their ankels, while intentionally trying to mangle the English language? No, they are off working 2-3 jobs in restaurants/sweatshops and pushing their kids to suceed in school. By the 2nd generation they are climbing into the middle class, while the hood rats are "whadup'ing" in the ghetto pumping out more miscreants.
My IQ has officially dropped 10 points upon reading this.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsoclutch View Post
Wow, I was unaware upon signing up for this forum that there was this much blatant stupidity and ignorance running around.

Lets meet in times square, so I can gladly give you an ass whooping while sagging my jeans, drugs in my pocket, and wearing a biggie smalls t-shirt.
I don't exactly know what you mean by this but if you are serious you just proved my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City