Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 08:53 AM

39 posts, read 77,041 times

Advertisements

I am an 18 year old half Chinese, half Puerto Rican male living in New York City and have been stopped by NYPD and/or searched over 10 times.

I am not a wall street protester, I'm not some midtown-downtown hipster either, I'm a godamn new yorker who happened to have been born in a mid-lower class income neighborhood. But sure, the hood.

It was 4am on the A train. I was on my way home from dropping my chick off, the train car was half empty and half the people were sleeping. I was too, in the middle of the car, leaned against the window but there was an empty seat in front of me. Not wanting to blatantly put my sneaker on the seat, I rested half of my leg on the outer edge of the seat, deliberately letting my sneaker rest off of the seat. I was woken up by someone tapping me in the shoulder, to see a badge right in front of my face. An undercover lady cop pulled me off the train where 2 more male undercover cops surrounded me,

They then questioned me on my whereabouts, searched me, turned me around, and placed me in cuffs while the oncoming train full of people watched me being hauled away. I was half asleep, in complete awe, they straight told me to my face that I was placed in cuffs for having my foot on the seat in front of me. (it wasnt) Upon arriving at the subway police station, I was thrown in a holding cell for 3 hours until I was released...not without a court date.

They were completely uninterested in anything besides obtaining my information to place in the system, mugshots...thumb prints, the whole nine. When they saw I had no previous arrests nor records...and nothing in my pockets, not even a phone, only 10 dollars, they attempted to be nice to me while they did their procedure, promising that I'd be released shortly. How nice, to be kissed while you're getting ****ED. I was tired, exhausted and just wanted out of that cold cell.

This was 2 months ago, since then I've gone to court...where yes, the judge couldnt look me in the eye and dismissed the case sheepishly within 7 seconds of me walking up to the stand. Deliberately making it a point to NOT mention the case aloud to the rest of the public courtroom, despite everyone else's case being outed in front of everyone.

By now, if you're thinking "Wtf bro?"....understand something. This was the final straw for me and NYPD, but this was not unfamiliar territory, because what some of you less-familiar with these cops dont realize is...that police abuse of power is something I've been a victim of since I was placed on the wall and searched for guns...at 12 years old, by the ****ing New York City Police Department.

I couldn't write the story in full detail as it was extremely frustrating just re-living the memory in my head again, so feel free to ask guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 08:59 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
you have a potty mouth, id like you searched!

Old 10-18-2011, 09:10 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,874,299 times
That is wrong. Some cops over use their power.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:28 AM

1,090 posts, read 3,167,373 times
Same BS has happened to my guy too. NYPD don't have their priorities straight. They need to get out there and fight REAL crime.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:30 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
I only have one question. Why the hell couldn't you just let your chick crash with you at your place?

Old 10-18-2011, 09:33 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,920,525 times
How were you dressed??

Old 10-18-2011, 09:34 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
its those 4 am activities that make people question you.
i always wana know why the cops stopped me when everybody else was speeding.
but i havent made the jump yet that it was discrimination.
signed an oriental.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 10-18-2011 at 11:01 AM..

Old 10-18-2011, 09:34 AM

1,090 posts, read 3,167,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I only have one question. Why the hell couldn't you just let your chick crash with you at your place?
LOL! For real

Old 10-18-2011, 09:50 AM

39 posts, read 77,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Lol, I was staying at a buddy's house at the time and the logistics weren't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Klato View Post
How were you dressed??
I won't lie, I dress fairly urban but I wasn't at all then. Off blue t-shirt, super light blue slim straight/skinny jeans, with bright red van lo pros. No belts, nothing flashy or any accesories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its those 4 am activities that make people question you.
i always wana know why the cops stopped me when everybody else was speeding.
but i havent make the jump yet that it was discrimination.
signed an oriental.
I mean, I was literally just sleeping with my head against the window, something half the already half empty train full of people were doing too. I was in the middle of the car, not all shady in the corner either.

It doesn't matter though, it was clear from the cops that they had nothing to do and simply wanted to grab me up since I was young male 18-20 and register me in the system. This was just their pathetic means of doing so.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:07 PM

154 posts, read 535,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsoclutch View Post
super light blue slim straight/skinny jeans.
This is why you were arrested.

All jokes aside, it's f'ed up what happend sadly you can't do anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City