Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 06:04 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
How about the old Asian lady who rushes into the train bumping into everyone who's trying to get off????
I find that so rude and annoying.

Last week I saw this old and decrepit looking lady moving and squeezing through a sea of people with the agility of a gymnastics gold medallist.
I was taken aback by the way she maneuvered through the crowd.

I'm telling you.... some people out there, are willing to walk over babies just to get a seat.
It's insane.
I saw a somewhat younger Asian lady do this at Penn to get on the NJ Transit train last week. Just plowed past everyone and then through them.

My daughter spent some time in China, and that's one of the features of their society. They don't line up or have the concept of what it means to wait in line. She was going on a bus trip where everyone waiting for the bus had a ticket and an assigned seat--and when the bus got there, they still pushed and elbowed one another to get on first. When walking down the street, if you are walking slower than they are, they don't walk around you, they push you out of their way.

The one time she did encounter a line--at a government building where you had to put your bag through a metal detector, she was chatting with the Chinese girl behind her as the line moved. They were having a pleasant conversation, it seemed, until they reached the metal detector at which point the Chinese girl shoved her out of the way and put her bags on the conveyor first and walked through without glancing back.

I guess they expect to be shoved back, so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 11:35 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
It's not a bad habit. I do that too, nothing wrong with double checking. I check for wallet, phone and keys. I do this not only on the train, but coming out of home, exiting work, at the mall, at the park. Sheeyit
I agree. I move it to an inside jacket pocket when going into a crowded area like the subway. It's a smart habit. It's an awful feeling reaching for your wallet to buy coffee and....It's gone.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:51 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,210,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I'm telling you.... some people out there, are willing to walk over babies just to get a seat.
Good. That counters the entitled parents who block the doors and aisles with their strollers.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:13 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I saw a somewhat younger Asian lady do this at Penn to get on the NJ Transit train last week. Just plowed past everyone and then through them.

My daughter spent some time in China, and that's one of the features of their society. They don't line up or have the concept of what it means to wait in line. She was going on a bus trip where everyone waiting for the bus had a ticket and an assigned seat--and when the bus got there, they still pushed and elbowed one another to get on first. When walking down the street, if you are walking slower than they are, they don't walk around you, they push you out of their way.

The one time she did encounter a line--at a government building where you had to put your bag through a metal detector, she was chatting with the Chinese girl behind her as the line moved. They were having a pleasant conversation, it seemed, until they reached the metal detector at which point the Chinese girl shoved her out of the way and put her bags on the conveyor first and walked through without glancing back.

I guess they expect to be shoved back, so...
I wish that Chinese lady would try that waiting for a bus at Jamaica Center...lol. I started taking the Q5 twice a month after work to meet wifey to do our grocery shopping and everybody lines up nice and orderly. I was taken aback because we don't line up for the bus in Far Rockaway.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-23-2014, 03:57 PM

706 posts, read 1,042,118 times
I hate it when young busty ladies rub their tiddays on my face, hands, lips, and face... Good grief!!! I am just trying to get to work and go home. I don't need to be assaulted by big tiddays.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:16 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post
I hate it when young busty ladies rub their tiddays on my face, hands, lips, and face... Good grief!!! I am just trying to get to work and go home. I don't need to be assaulted by big tiddays.
Lol!
But all jokes aside, that has happened to me a few times on a crowded train where i'm holding on to the pole...and there's literally nowhere to go so the girl presses against the pole and my hand is covered in breast...I guess you just dont care when you're trying to get home

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-23-2014, 05:25 PM

40 posts, read 111,953 times
LOL

This thread is hilarious!!!!!!

How about the perverts that you encounter in the subway.. In my lifetime I have 3 encounters with PERVERTED MEN JERKING OFF. And yes this is a true story.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:47 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,879 times
Loud teenaged mutant fools who hold the door waiting for their buddies to slowly make their way into the car.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:37 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinkingg View Post
LOL

This thread is hilarious!!!!!!

How about the perverts that you encounter in the subway.. In my lifetime I have 3 encounters with PERVERTED MEN JERKING OFF. And yes this is a true story.
Never seen this

And if I did see a man jerking off near me, I'm blacking one of his eyes..or both.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:36 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post
That's when you pull your manbag away and say, "Excuse me but I am a gentleman!"

Riding the subway really sucks though. If I could just go one day without someone releasing a silent but deadly one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City