Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 07:04 PM

3 posts, read 4,639 times

Advertisements

I will be completing my Associates degree in e-Commerce/ Web Design in 8 months. I have been thinking long and hard about relocating back to my home town....New York City!! I currently live in Milwaukee, WI and there is not much oppurtunity over in these parts!
As much as I love the city I know that it is quite expensive to live there. Can anyone tell me how the job market is in the field that I will be graduating in? My husband is a semi truck driver (CDLA w/HAZMAT) with 10 plus years of experience, how is the job market in his field?
We also have two children 11 & 5. What is the best area to live in? I hear that Mt. Vernon, New Rochelle & parts of Queens & Bronx are decent places to live. How expensive is it? Is there one place better than the other?
As far as commuting we both have cars, I would be willing to hop on a train or bus to get around as well, its alot cheaper!
Overall any advice would help! I love the NYC....always go back to visit....was just there for a month and a half this summer and it was the best! I would give anything to move back but I also dont want to set myself up for complete regret and struggle.
Thank you all in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City