U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 03:17 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,469,302 times

Advertisements

Was wondering if anyone in the forum rents from Wavecrest Management?? What has your experience been with them thus far? I've heard they are taking over all KnickerBocker Mgmt Buildings..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 03:24 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,793,790 times
not good reviews on yelp.

Wavecrest Management Team LTD - Richmond Hill - Richmond Hill, NY

Old 11-12-2011, 07:02 AM

24,288 posts, read 34,015,233 times
Chubsta,

I'm confused. What buidings do they manage?

The link to WAVECREST provided by Klato was referenced by a woman buying in Paulus Hook? I know that Jersey City neighborhood REALLY well. Is that the operation you are referencing?

Or are you talking about Knickerbocker Management that comes up often in the South Bronx discussions?
Fill me in.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:38 PM

Hey Kefir King i'm talking about these people Home

The Link Klato provided took me to a YELP page with bad reviews on them..

- This mgmt company is taking over all of Knickerbocker properties-

The reason I asked is b/c I live in a wavecrest managed building and they are HORRIBLE.. I MEAN BEYOND HORRIBLE and I wanted to see if other people have experienced issues with them as well. =)

Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM

48 posts, read 133,518 times
I know Wavecrest Mgt is the St. Ann Terrace reality

Old 04-20-2012, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 27,371 times
Thumbs down No luck

What's going on with Wavecrest they called me for a two bedroom at saint Ann's terraces under a high income when they knew how much I made realized that I should've been under low income . I never received a call back went to Wavecrest and they apologized for that I was promised to Roscoe brown building was to be showned an apartment never got a call back . I have called Wavecrest a number of times with no answer back to my message . I recently went back to Wavecrest I explained to them my case and that I also aplied for eagel ave apartments and was told everything is filled including Roscoe Brown. This is unfare to be excepted and then shot down. I am full of anger right now . I feel like its really trying to hit the lotto your chances are next to none good luck.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:14 PM

Well Jason all I can say is GOOD LUCK!!! Wavecrest SUX!!! I am a tenant and cannot WAIT till my lease is up!!! Let me tell you our building can burn down and they could care less!! They only have that ONE office in west bubble **** if you are traveling by train... they are NOT easily accessible, you call and you are lucky to get the receptionist everyone else is always MIA , they NEVER return phone calls and forget about them replying to your emails! If you have to go to wavecrest make sure you have the day off b/c thats how long it will take u to even see if someone see's u... its just insane i dont understand how these people work!! I've been trying to transfer into a 2 BR apt and they say there is no such thing as a "transfer" us tenants have to RE APPLY like everyone else from the outside and hope that we are called for another apt!

Wavecrest is like the umbrella and under the umbrella they have different "mgmt" for different buildings and they all are just bad.. all they care is about getting their rent... I googled them and found that that they have a bad rep and people have complained from all over the boroughs... somethings gotta change!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:37 AM

18 posts, read 85,194 times
Thumbs down Wavecrest Mgt Apt Application Process

Hey, I knew there was something wrong with wavecrest management office. I had a bad experiance with them too. I applied for an apartment in the South Bronx and I never received a letter stating that I was on a waiting list or anything. I tried calling and I got a receptionist and I was transfered to a voice mail. I left a message and no one called me back. That happened several times it was a waste of time!

I moved on to apply for an apt at knickerbocker Mgt Apt's and they were kind of the same. Finally, I received a application and I applied for several apt's. Then they too don't send no type of correspodance. I called to find out that they were no longer in business. What was worst was that were taken over by wavecrest. Guess who I get to speak to? Yep a receptionist again!. She told me that they are taking over all knickerbocker buildings. I explained what happened to me with knickerbocker and she assured me that all the apps from Knickerbocker apt's were transfered to them. If I had any interests in a knickerbocker building. To send another app to Wavecrest and put the knickerbocker building I was interested in. I did! and yep AGAIN NOTHING!

What kind of business they are running. They think is a joke! Come on this for a roof over my head a home. They shouldn't play with people like this! They need to get it together it's a shame.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:49 AM

24,288 posts, read 34,015,233 times
I've been scratching my head for weeks trying to remember why WAVECREST left a visceral bad taste in my mouth.
Now I remember.
Back in the early 1980's, pehaps late 70's I went wide-eyed following a newspaper ad offering high-rise rentals that seemed too good to be true. It was WAVECREST GARDENS in Far Rockaway. I thought "Hey, it's the BEACH!"
After the 2 hour trip from Jersey City, I was appalled at how awful the place was. I distinctly remember sitting on a park bench with a resident, a pleasant black woman. I tried to get info from her (best way to learn about a new place) and all she kept saying was "You DON'T want to live here."

Gosh , a memory just came came flooding back. The A-train had WICKER SEATS and those little fans screwed onto on the ceiling. The ride thrashed back and forth so bad I was thrown off my seat into the aisle. I had thought those trains had long since been trashed.
That must have been the last car of its type because I never saw another one.

This memory flash almost startled me with it's clarity and now I understand better the literary device that Proust used with the complete recall of past events from the mere touching of his lips with a Madeleine.
I am REALLY, REALLY blown away here.

Last edited by Kefir King; 07-06-2012 at 07:58 AM..

Old 02-22-2013, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 23,143 times
i to am a tenant with wavecrest.the staff is very unprofessional.when you go down to the office in richmond hill you see hundreds of workers but yet no one is obviously working.!!if you have section 8 stay on top of em..they will make u loose your voucher...but yet they will tell you they will take care of it.the way my building looks(550 watkins llc)is kept descent and quiet ..its a new building...lets see it in 5 years ...and to sum it if wavecrest paid more attention to there tenants needs maybe they wont get that section 8 from them and take it somewhere better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City