Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 08:34 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
Ive been to big warehouse dance parties in Bk and LIC, idk if thats up to the level of what you experienced back in the 90's
There used to be megaclubs throughout the west side of Manhattan and most are gone and closed up shop. I never got the chance to check out a megaclub besides websterhall back in 2004. Most party places in nyc are lounges that have small intimate and engaging spaces for guests and clientel. Its all about red velvet carpets, table bottle service and celebrity sightings. Nyc party scenec had eitther shifted to Vegas like places such as X's and lax which I have been to, or Miami. I wanna go to Miami and check out fountainbleau. Party scene in nyc is either like Santos Domingo in some areas to millwakee in others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 12:03 AM

877 posts, read 2,013,045 times
DEFINITELY Fat Cat on Christopher. That was my go-to spot all last summer. It is a much younger crowd (college-mid 20's) but it's a place for fun. Very crowded on Saturday nights but there's lots of things you can do like play ping pong, lots of pool tables, shuffle boards and more.

I do not recommend this club (don't know what it's called since it's always changing its name) on 19th St (btwn Bway & 5th). Smallest club I've ever been to and just wayyy crowded.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:44 AM

144 posts, read 463,960 times
i would also recommend fat cat

Old 12-17-2011, 07:43 PM

669 posts, read 1,273,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
There used to be megaclubs throughout the west side of Manhattan and most are gone and closed up shop. I never got the chance to check out a megaclub besides websterhall back in 2004. Most party places in nyc are lounges that have small intimate and engaging spaces for guests and clientel. Its all about red velvet carpets, table bottle service and celebrity sightings. Nyc party scenec had eitther shifted to Vegas like places such as X's and lax which I have been to, or Miami. I wanna go to Miami and check out fountainbleau. Party scene in nyc is either like Santos Domingo in some areas to millwakee in others.
Ive been to Webster Hall a few times, but I like the smaller lounges a little more than big nightclubs.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:41 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,168,752 times
This thread has a lot of potential, needs more post. For those that don't know Dyckman Ave now has quiet the stretch of resturaunt/lounges. The Washington Heights/Inwood communities have been known for nightlife for some time. Normally in the form of "house parties". Latin American scene by far dominates. Reggaeton, Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Dembow.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:30 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Is club crimson any good? Thinking of going maybe next saturday...

Old 05-06-2012, 10:36 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Was at FlashDancers on 1674 Broadway a couple weeks ago...

$15 Corona's
Pushy strippers
Sour smell in the entire club

I left after 15 mins.
Thats been my experience at every strip club Ive been to frankly. Not my thing...

Old 07-22-2012, 11:41 PM

Best Outdoor Festivals And Music Shows In Brooklyn

Quote:
BROOKLYN — What better way to cope with the heat than to frolic in it?Brooklyn's options are abundant this summer for outdoor festivals, whether you prefer hip-hop, Olympic sports, or paint parties — and you can make your way to many of the events without even spending a dollar."New York's two largest free outdoor music series will be bringing sweet summer sounds to Brooklyn for music lovers to enjoy absolutely for free," said Brooklyn Borough President*Marty Markowitz*in an email, speaking of the Seaside Summer Concert Series in Coney Island and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Concert Series in Crown Heights, both put on by his office.Whether you're curious about those two musical extravaganzas, or you're looking for another option, DNAinfo.com New York has got you covered in the city's hottest borough.
http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2012...hows-brooklyn#

Old 07-22-2012, 11:45 PM

New York’s 13 Best Rooftop Bars &*Lounges

Quote:
Share This:More Sharing ServicesShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on email134Having a few cocktails with friends is fun, but when the scenery is spectacular, it is priceless. A breathtaking view of the Manhattan skyline, trendy settings and luscious libations are only some of the perks you’ll find while you’re on top of the world.
New York’s 13 Best Rooftop Bars & Lounges « CBS New York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City