Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 05:32 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,168,178 times

Advertisements

Reps to anyone who can provide accurate information about nightlife in: Downtown BK, Williamsburg, Greenpoint, LIC, Astoria, and Jackson Heights. Any areas area appreciated but I am personally in need of info on those places. Streets with the highest concentrations of venues, what's the scenes like, price, ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 12:29 PM

988 posts, read 3,254,760 times
Williamsburg-Nightlife is pretty much everywhere, concentrated around the first 3 stops into Brooklyn on the L(Bedford, Lorimer, and Graham). Also, concentrated around the Marcy Ave stop on the J/M/Z line. Hipster/Artist scene that's increasingly become more "preppy-like", aka Murray Hill. Pricing varies, cheaper as you go east towards Bushwick. Actual streets with a high concentration of bars: Bedford, Berry, 6th Street, Union, Graham Ave, and a few others.

Greenpoint-Manhattan Ave and Franklin Ave-Laid back Hipster scene, some remnants of blue collar bars. Relatively cheap bars. Basically a more laid-back extension of Williamsburg.

LIC-Not much, a few bars around Vernon blvd and a rooftop bar called 808 at Revel. Best party place is the warm-up at PS-1 Moma but it's only Saturdays from the 4th of July through Labor Day.

Astoria-concentrated around Broadway ave, 30th ave, and Steinway street.
All have a big international flavor(Greek, Latin, Middle-Eastern,Albanian,etc) with Hipster/yuppie bars mixed in. Lots of high-end nice lounges and outdoor seating. Some of the sports bars are your so-called "native" New Yorkers, Long Island Crowd. Steinway has a few Egyptian/Lebanese bars(Hookah) but not as many as before.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:59 AM

Thanks, very useful information. Any favorite establishments?

Any information on Uptown nightlife anyone? Harlem/WaHi/BX? Dyckman Street near Broadway has become an impressive nightlife corridor to those who do not know.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:42 AM

Top Beer Gardens In NYC

Quote:
NEW YORK CITY — Enjoying glasses of your favorite brews and plates of food while enjoying the summer outdoors leaves little to complain about.Beer gardens are increasingly popular in New York, with Queens' pioneering Czech beer gardens leading the way. But some of the other boroughs have begun to catch up with their own outdoor offerings.
Top Beer Gardens in New York City - DNAinfo.com New York

Bodega Wine Bar Owners To Open 'Heavy Woods' Restaurant In Bushwick

Quote:
BUSHWICK — If a bar's name reflects its owner's heart, then couple Gina Leone and Ben Warren really have fallen in love with Bushwick.The co-owners of*the Bodega Wine Bar*— a local mainstay the pair opened on St. Nicholas Avenue after returning from Spain and falling for its "bar culture" — are about to unveil their next venture, an eatery and watering hole named after their*Brooklyn*neighborhood's original Dutch name.
Bodega Wine Bar Owners to Open 'Heavy Woods' Restaurant in Bushwick - DNAinfo.com New York

Old 12-06-2012, 04:35 PM

Arcade-Themed Bar Two-Bit's Brings Vintage Video Games to Essex Street

Read more: Arcade-Themed Bar Two-Bit's Brings Vintage Video Games to Essex Street - DNAinfo.com New York

Papasito's Liquor License Renewed

Papasito's Liquor License Renewed - DNAinfo.com New York

Popular Arcade-Themed Pub Barcade Eyeing New Chelsea Location

Read more: Popular Arcade-Themed Pub Barcade Eyeing New Chelsea Location - DNAinfo.com New York

Old 12-08-2012, 08:22 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
The legendary SIN CITY CABARET!

Sin City

Old 12-08-2012, 12:56 PM

2,604 posts, read 3,401,375 times
I don't really care for strip clubs but the best ones I've gone to where in Philly. You could bring your own booze and the women were a lot more accommodating than the NYC strippers. I remember a group of guys brought in keg and were just chillin like there were at a keg party. You don't see that kind of stuff at a NYC strip joint.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:51 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I don't really care for strip clubs but the best ones I've gone to where in Philly. You could bring your own booze and the women were a lot more accommodating than the NYC strippers. I remember a group of guys brought in keg and were just chillin like there were at a keg party. You don't see that kind of stuff at a NYC strip joint.
If you click on the link I posted you will notice that the women are very classy.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:15 PM

155 posts, read 258,982 times
I'm more into the casual scenery.. Can anyone recommend some bars and lounges? Will visit them once I hit 21 lol

Old 12-09-2012, 01:15 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
If you click on the link I posted you will notice that the women are very classy.

You spelled "herpy" wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City