Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 09:53 AM

14 posts, read 77,897 times

Advertisements

I just found out today that I'm certified for the development. Does anybody have any information about how long the wait is? I asked the lady and I was told that she has no idea.

I'm ONLY looking for responses from people that actually have lived or know someone that has lived in one of the developments that would be knowledgeable about their process.

Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillbeamdsomeday View Post
I just found out today that I'm certified for the development. Does anybody have any information about how long the wait is? I asked the lady and I was told that she has no idea.

I'm ONLY looking for responses from people that actually have lived or know someone that has lived in one of the developments that would be knowledgeable about their process.

Thank you in advance

Old 12-22-2011, 07:16 AM

31 posts, read 129,195 times
You'll get called to Red hook pretty fast. Everyone I know that lives in Red hook first had their applications with some other development which was taking forever but as soon as they moved it to Red Hook they got called right away. Just to let you know the F train doesn't stop at Smith & 9th Street because of construction work and the buses take a long time.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarin72 View Post
You'll get called to Red hook pretty fast. Everyone I know that lives in Red hook first had their applications with some other development which was taking forever but as soon as they moved it to Red Hook they got called right away. Just to let you know the F train doesn't stop at Smith & 9th Street because of construction work and the buses take a long time.

first of all thank you for you response. the no train/slow bus would be a pain but i would just be happy to have a place to live, so that i can deal with.

but can you give me a little bit more detail if you know...

for your friends do you remember if by getting called right away you mean for example (2/3 weeks), or longer ((3/4 months) or longer like (6 months).

the reason i'm trying to get specifics is because i have heard some people waiting a year and then others a few weeks and others somewhere in between.

i'm just hoping that my bad luck turns around and they give me a call in 2 weeks.

but i guess hearing what your friend's time line was will make me feel better. i'm just stressed about this happening quickly

Old 10-17-2012, 03:15 PM

226 posts, read 1,097,916 times
Hey iwillbeamdsomeday,did you ever move? I just found out I'm certified and on Redhook east waiting list and would like to know if the wait is long. How's the apt if u moved in and is transportation a pain or bearable. How's the area as well?. Thanks

Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 PM

good luck to you!!

i still have not been called for an apartment. it's ridiculous considering that my application was messed up for two years by the applications department (in other words i should have been certified back in dec 2009)

i've complained to everyone and nothing has been done. i've come to the realization that they really don't care. i'm just trying to survive paying rent that i can barely afford until i graduate and can get a decent job.

the only positive thing i can say is maybe you'll be called sooner if you've unfortunately dealt with domestic abuse or if you have kids. i think people in those situations get top priority.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:32 PM

I mean I have a child but idk how long it will take. I also have bklyn nycha outreach program. So I'm hoping I get called quick

Old 10-17-2012, 10:36 PM

what is that? i've never heard of that.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:46 AM

Some kind of outreach program that helps you get an apt quicker. Iv been in it for 3 months and was certified and the lady at nycha said they should be callin me soon for an interview to see an apt

Old 10-22-2012, 10:50 PM

wow could you send me information on it? if you have a phone number or website. maybe if i'm able to qualify for it i might get an apartment sometime this century. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City