Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 03:53 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,721,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Papaya will put you in the hospital.
You can also get a good dog at shake shack and grays papaya.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:02 PM

332 posts, read 528,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windycity34 View Post
So i finally had my chance to try authentic NY pizza. Its alright but not that great, my problem with it is its to flat and dull and they overwhelmed it with so much cheese and toppings ( i ordered a simple sausage and green pepper with extra cheese). I also tried another place and just got a plain cheese and it was just to plain with little sauce. IMO Chicago pizza blows it out the water because its just more filling and hearty and is actually more like a meal. What do you NYers think about our pizza?

Also whats up with you guys messing up hotdogs with ketchup?? lol
I bet you the Italians brought their pizza to New York, New Jersey(where I'm from and across the Hudson from Staten Island)and Connecticut before they set out Midwest. Pizza does happen to be my #1 favorite food and believe it or not, my favorite kind of pizza is Domino's even though there is other New York pizza in my area that I think is really tasty. Therefore

New York pizza> Chicago pizza

To respond to hot dogs, I usually don't eat it with ketchup. My favorite kind is Nathan's Famous as well as a good number of people in America, and I cook them in the pan as if they're grilled. I always loved eating burgers and hot dogs from the grill.

And guess what? Nathan's world headquarters is actually in Long Island, which is right next to NYC.

Last edited by michael212; 12-13-2011 at 04:14 PM..

Old 12-13-2011, 04:23 PM

14 posts, read 32,120 times
[quote=michael212;22106207]I bet you the Italians brought their pizza to New York, New Jersey(where I'm from and across the Hudson from Staten Island)and Connecticut before they set out Midwest. Pizza does happen to be my #1 favorite food and believe it or not, my favorite kind of pizza is Domino's even though there is other New York pizza in my area that I think is really tasty. Therefore

Domino's is not real authentic pizza, its just frozen crap they throw in an oven for 15 minutes so thats not even real NY pizza. Im just saying NY pizza has nothing to offer compared to Chicago pizza its just a boring flat overly hard crust with minimal sauce and the same old toppings. I cant speak on any of the other hot dog places you guys mentioned maybe they are better, but are there any places in NYC where you can get a good Chicago dog? They cant be beat the toppings on it compliment the dog so much with the sesame bun.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:24 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael212 View Post
I bet you the Italians brought their pizza to New York, New Jersey(where I'm from and across the Hudson from Staten Island)and Connecticut before they set out Midwest. Pizza does happen to be my #1 favorite food and believe it or not, my favorite kind of pizza is Domino's even though there is other New York pizza in my area that I think is really tasty. Therefore

To respond to hot dogs, I usually don't eat it with ketchup. My favorite kind is Nathan's Famous as well as a good number of people in America, and I cook them in the pan as if they're grilled. I always loved eating burgers and hot dogs from the grill.

And guess what? Nathan's world headquarters is actually in Long Island, which is right next to NYC.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:42 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,571 times
Why are we entertaining Windy's posts? Both threads W started were about how Chicago is better than NYC but yet he or she doesn't have a single post in the Chicago forum.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:47 PM

332 posts, read 528,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
Why are we entertaining Windy's posts? Both threads W started were about how Chicago is better than NYC but yet he or she doesn't have a single post in the Chicago forum.
I agree. What is he/she doing posting in the NYC forum?

Last edited by bmwguydc; 12-13-2011 at 11:30 PM..

Old 12-13-2011, 04:50 PM

14 posts, read 32,120 times
I am posting in here because i just came back from a 2 week long trip in NY. I just want to find out what the NYers feel about some of the things Chicago has compared to NYC and do you guys think Chicagos food can compete with NYs so called "high culinary standards". IMO a lot of the things in NY fell short to what I expected, like I said the pizza was mediocre at best i just feel that Chis pizza is better.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:03 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,721,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windycity34 View Post
I am posting in here because i just came back from a 2 week long trip in NY. I just want to find out what the NYers feel about some of the things Chicago has compared to NYC and do you guys think Chicagos food can compete with NYs so called "high culinary standards". IMO a lot of the things in NY fell short to what I expected, like I said the pizza was mediocre at best i just feel that Chis pizza is better.

You went to sucky pizza places and didn't do your homework, enuff said. The only good Rays was the one on prince street, and it closed a couple months ago so you obviously didn't go to that one.

That would be like me going to Chi-town and going to a pizzaria uno and then saying chicago pizza sucks balls.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:22 PM

7 posts, read 10,087 times
I am from Queens and I have visited Chicago 3 times in the last 10 years and honestly Chicago really cant compete with New York City on any level. The only thing Chicago might have New York beat on is less congestion. New York pizza is known all across the country to be some of the best and you can find New York style pizza places all around, even in Chicago! It sounds like to me your bitter that New York will always be ahead of Chicago.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:25 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,914,400 times
What neighborhood pizza place did you go to? We have a lot of them here, and yes, many of them do suck but many of them are also very good. Bensonhurst, and Bay Ridge have some amazing pizza joints. I heard Pelham Bay in The Bronx also had some good places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City