Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 04:05 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,338,462 times

Advertisements

I'd rather poke my eyes out with lit sparklers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 04:34 PM

559 posts, read 1,113,948 times
That's a valid opinion. And you should be able to express it at the ballot box. Just like others who would vote for a fourth term for Bloomberg.

Isn't a prohibition on anyone running for X terms like a filibuster or a hold on nominations, which the Republicans have been using indiscriminately in the Senate to hold up legislation or to block nominations? That is, it prevents a vote from taking place.

As I said, if Bloomberg loses, he loses. But I suspect he'd win--and I think you expect that, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post

Old 12-18-2011, 05:00 PM

5,001 posts, read 8,234,006 times
Guy wins because he outspends his opponents by 20 - 1. Literally. He basically owns the media and throws his crap in your face 24/7 during election time. And people are for the most part complacent and will do what they're told. That is why he wins, and barely let me remind you against an extremely weak candidate like Thompson who hardly had any money or ads.

The whole point is moot though, because anyone with eyes can tell that his weak third term has made him an even angrier little tantrum throwing troll. I personally feel that he wants nothing to do with it anymore.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:51 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,479,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanintllctl View Post
If he loses, well, he loses. That would be the people's verdict.

But I suspect he'll win again if he runs for a fourth time because the politicians lining up to succeed him is, quite frankly, lousy.

The front-runner, for instance, Christine Quinn--doesn't he remind you of Reese Witherspoon's irritating character in the movie Election? I don't think he has ever worked a day of her life outside politics or taxpayer-funded jobs. And that pretty much goes for the other nonentities and hacks who will be competing with her.

New York hasn't been this well-run since the days of La Guardia. Why give up Bloomberg and ruin a good thing?

But if Bloomberg runs for president, that's another thing. What New York loses, America gains.
Are you joking? That's bad even as a joke!

But I have a serious question:
When he ran for the third time, they claimed that Bloomberg knows wall street from inside and will manage to attract investments, open new businesses and create jobs in the city. I am sure that was one of his promises. How did that work?

Old 12-18-2011, 07:16 PM

18,506 posts, read 31,731,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post

and then after that, swim in a pool filled with gasoline.

and I will be right behind you !

Old 12-19-2011, 05:42 AM

292 posts, read 706,135 times
The Department of Education doesn't want Bloomberg to run again. Neither do most rental apartment tenants who realize whose side he's actually on. I want him to go away also.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:27 AM

25,424 posts, read 37,204,442 times
He's too short to make a decent KING!

Old 12-19-2011, 11:10 AM

18,506 posts, read 31,731,004 times
he needs to go already, he shouldnt even be mayor now, he broke the law.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:24 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,659,441 times
Who will be our next mayor? Can a Republican win?

Old 12-19-2011, 11:51 AM

15 posts, read 28,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanintllctl View Post
If he loses, well, he loses. That would be the people's verdict.

But I suspect he'll win again if he runs for a fourth time because the politicians lining up to succeed him is, quite frankly, lousy.

The front-runner, for instance, Christine Quinn--doesn't he remind you of Reese Witherspoon's irritating character in the movie Election? I don't think he has ever worked a day of her life outside politics or taxpayer-funded jobs. And that pretty much goes for the other nonentities and hacks who will be competing with her.

New York hasn't been this well-run since the days of La Guardia. Why give up Bloomberg and ruin a good thing?

But if Bloomberg runs for president, that's another thing. What New York loses, America gains.
You might have well just asked, hey why not take democracy away from us & instead, let's have a dictatorship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City