Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 02:01 PM
qwy qwy started this thread

296 posts, read 520,533 times

Advertisements

I've heard so many stories about eharmony both good and bad, but one things always accures over and over, the number of people you are matched with.

I was wonder is this difference in a city as big as New York, with 5 boroughs and so many different races. In Nyc does eharmony keep you with dates every week or is it still a waiting game? You know, you pay your money, take the 3 hour questionnaire, take another hour trying to write about yourself, find and upload a recent but nice pic, then... No responses!

I'm mostly speaking to the guys since everyone knows that women always get lots of emails on online dating sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 02:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
eharmony is great if you are looking for a nice conservative christian girl....honestly you would be better off with okcupid than you would with any of the pay sites, especially if they are the kind of sites where the only way to respond to an email is if both members are paying members, which often times the one getting the email can't read it without paying, thus reducing the actual number of people that really use the site.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:23 PM
qwy qwy started this thread

296 posts, read 520,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
eharmony is great if you are looking for a nice conservative christian girl....honestly you would be better off with okcupid than you would with any of the pay sites, especially if they are the kind of sites where the only way to respond to an email is if both members are paying members, which often times the one getting the email can't read it without paying, thus reducing the actual number of people that really use the site.
Oh so with eharmony even if I pay if she doesn't I she can't read my message?

Most people on okcupid are really just shopping, but not looking for anything serious unless you are like the cream of the crop. I hear eharmony is for people who are looking for something more serious... but that's what I hear

Old 01-13-2012, 02:35 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,611,779 times
Have yet to meet anyone who have met on eHarmony in NYC. However I know a lot who met on match.com. However, as stated earlier, it kind of sucks in that both members have to pay to email. My experience was about 65% were serious, the rest were just looking to score. So it's a crap shoot no matter what.

Maybe try throwing this up on the relationship forum also, it might be different for all big cities.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:51 PM

19,057 posts, read 13,973,458 times
^ well, get ready to.

I'm happily married and have a child (with another on the way), with my wife who I met on eHarmony. We're both previously divorced and even though fairly young (she's not even 30 yet), didn't like wat we saw on the dating scene. I tried it for almost 4 years before checking out eHarmony. I set it to give me matches up to 50 miles away. I only went on two dates: a girl from Ohio living in Queens and my wife. I knew I was done with it as soon as she left after our first date.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:51 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,384,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
I've heard so many stories about eharmony both good and bad, but one things always accures over and over, the number of people you are matched with.

I was wonder is this difference in a city as big as New York, with 5 boroughs and so many different races. In Nyc does eharmony keep you with dates every week or is it still a waiting game? You know, you pay your money, take the 3 hour questionnaire, take another hour trying to write about yourself, find and upload a recent but nice pic, then... No responses!

I'm mostly speaking to the guys since everyone knows that women always get lots of emails on online dating sites.
if you are good-looking you will get responses.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:13 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,918,406 times
I'm thinking of trying e-harmony, or any dating website, since I can't find any good females here in NYC.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:03 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,022,466 times
My husband and I met on match.com. He and I were both ordinary-looking, unexceptional people, and neither of us had trouble finding non game-playing, serious prospects on match. I never tried eharmony, so I can't comment on that site.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:13 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
if you are good-looking you will get responses.
Simply and exactly put. Online dating works for the eye. Sad but true

Old 01-14-2012, 09:44 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Simply and exactly put. Online dating works for the eye. Sad but true
True indeed online dating is mostly for good looking people. Its either good looking guys with good looking ladies and good looking guys with ugly girls just to get easy sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: