Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 01:14 PM

125 posts, read 237,959 times

Advertisements

Researching this issue, it becomes clearer all the time that gun control is rooted in racism. Nothing noble or honorable about how it came about.

Gun control started as a means of controlling blacks, "keeping them in their place".

To start the education of liberals, this may be a good starting point.

NO GUNS FOR NEGROES 1of2 THE RACIST ROOTS OF GUN CONTROL - YouTube

NO GUNS FOR NEGROES 2of2 THE RACIST ROOTS OF GUN CONTROL - YouTube

In New York City (even New York State), we see the effect of high permit fees and restrictions having the effect of denying the poor the right to own guns for self defense. Even on the other thread, someone admitted they had that effect.

Might as well start getting informed, folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 01:25 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,330,296 times
yes...and besides getting "real" information from mistergus75, don't forget other "real" sources of information such as Fox News, Sara Palin, Glenn Beck and of course Sean Hannity.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:28 PM

125 posts, read 237,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
yes...and besides getting "real" information from mistergus75, don't forget other "real" sources of information such as Fox News, Sara Palin, Glenn Beck and of course Sean Hannity.

I also encourage New Yorkers to start connecting with other Americans who are doing what they can to restore their 2nd Amendment rights. Excellent information and forums on this web site.

I hope posting this link isn't violating some rule here.

http://www.usacarry.com/

Last edited by mistergus75; 01-18-2012 at 01:44 PM..

Old 01-18-2012, 01:32 PM

106,059 posts, read 108,015,953 times
actually he isnt far off the mark. the fees are extremely high and its everyones best guess that was structured that way by design to keep the less affluent from getting permits. you need anywhere from 1000 bucks or so to 1500.00 depending what you buy.

permit fees, a range, the paperwork and a firearm will set you back quite a few bucks. ammo is very very expensive and in an hour of range time you can go through 50-100 bucks in ammo.

not only are the fees high but the process takes quite a few days off from work to complete .

even picking up a purchase order, making a purchase and coming back to register is a 2 day affair for most as the hours they do the different steps are only part of the day so its very hard to catch it all in one day.

when the chicago case first was ruled on nypd thought they would have to reduce the fees to avoid being accused of weeding out the less affluant upsetting the whole process here. so far nothing was changed as far as making it more affordable.

Last edited by mathjak107; 01-18-2012 at 01:48 PM..

Old 01-18-2012, 02:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,048,869 times
moral of the story, mistergus likes guns, hates NYC and New York's gun laws.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:50 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,963,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergus75 View Post
The citizens of The Peoples Republic of New York City need to start standing up against this nonsense.

NYC Gun Charges Dropped. Now I Can Speak Out. | Across the Fence with Mark Meckler
Port Authority Police Department is in charge of handling passengers guns at both airports, they gotta follow by what ever the NYPD and NYC gun law stats. I agree its total nonsense. I remember some story from college where the commanding PA officer had to call the 115 precinct about running some gun background check on a passenger, the passenger could not board the plane.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:33 PM

400 posts, read 981,067 times
Here's a REAL good story about the absurb gun laws in New York(City).

Marine | New York Gun Law | Prison Sentence | The Daily Caller

One of the comments in the article explains the ridiculousness of how New York obstensibly violates the constitution.

Constitution of the United States "Article IV, section 2; The Citizens of each State SHALL BE ENTITLED to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

"Ryann has a valid carry permit in Indiana, and by the Constitution he has the right to carry in New York, New York. PERIOD. It is the same law that says a Marriage in one state is valid in all 50 states, and seven territories"

Old 01-18-2012, 08:21 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,296,798 times
Before this goes any further, a discussion of gun control is appropriate, regarding legislation and its causes. This is not a political issue outside of NYC, so national level politics need not be introduced. This is a discussion referencing a local story, and that's all that is on topic for this forum.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 01-19-2012, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
Here's a REAL good story about the absurb gun laws in New York(City).

Marine | New York Gun Law | Prison Sentence | The Daily Caller

One of the comments in the article explains the ridiculousness of how New York obstensibly violates the constitution.

Constitution of the United States "Article IV, section 2; The Citizens of each State SHALL BE ENTITLED to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

"Ryann has a valid carry permit in Indiana, and by the Constitution he has the right to carry in New York, New York. PERIOD. It is the same law that says a Marriage in one state is valid in all 50 states, and seven territories"

first let me say i have been dealing with the new york city permit system for over 20 years now.

nyc may be stricter and penalties harsher but its certainly not much different in many ways from other states.

i dont know where folk get the impression that because you have a permit from one state that you can freely wander into any other state except nyc but thats so far from being true.

few states reciprocate with each other across the board and are open ended where any permit is good in any other state.

most of the complainers about nyc have no understanding of how things even work .

they may be less strict in other states but you can be just as in trouble in a non reciprocating state .

the point is you dont bring a firearm into any state period ,without fully understanding that states rules ,not just nyc. when i used to shoot competitively out of state many times i had to get a non resident permit for that state in order to comply with their local laws.

i had to do that in massachucetts . whatever nyc allowed me to do on my nyc permit they allowed on theirs,no more ,no less. but the point is "you need a non resident permit. you cant assume you can just show up with a firearm because its your right. it takes about 2 weeks to get the authorization most of the time since you already have a permit from nyc. they know nyc's hard standards and they just issue the non resident based on your existing permit.

they dont do that off of permits from just anywhere, only those localities known to be at or above the standards of the state your going to .

in nyc we dont trust the character judgement of boss hog in some small town to hand someone a ccw permit and roam our city and that is not breaking the constititution.

as the hebrew national commercial says we answer to a higher authority and the nyc standards and scrutiny are way higher and thorough than many areas that use just an insta-check or the buddy of the issuing agent...

quite frankly i dont trust some of the judgement and methods used in other areas when it comes to ccw background checks.

courts have upheld time and time again that localities have the right to mold the permit system to fit life in that area. these are supreme court decisions not a nyc court or state court that says it.

i have to say with very few exceptions most of the stories like the above are issues because of the persons own stupidity in not taking the time or responsibility to do their homework.. like i said,i shot in many different states and never had an issue because i always looked into what i had to do before going.

maybe we should re-label the thread "abused by their own stupidity"

Last edited by mathjak107; 01-19-2012 at 03:26 AM..

Old 01-19-2012, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
first let me say i have been dealing with the new york city permit system for over 20 years now.

nyc may be stricter and penalties harsher but its certainly not much different in many ways from other states.

i dont know where folk get the impression that because you have a permit from one state that you can freely wander into any other state except nyc but thats so far from being true.

few states reciprocate with each other across the board and are open ended where any permit is good in any other state.

most of the complainers about nyc have no understanding of how things even work .

they may be less strict in other states but you can be just as in trouble in a non reciprocating state .

the point is you dont bring a firearm into any state period ,without fully understanding that states rules ,not just nyc. when i used to shoot competitively out of state many times i had to get a non resident permit for that state in order to comply with their local laws.

i had to do that in massachucetts . whatever nyc allowed me to do on my nyc permit they allowed on theirs,no more ,no less. but the point is "you need a non resident permit. you cant assume you can just show up with a firearm because its your right. it takes about 2 weeks to get the authorization most of the time since you already have a permit from nyc. they know nyc's hard standards and they just issue the non resident based on your existing permit.

they dont do that off of permits from just anywhere, only those localities known to be at or above the standards of the state your going to .

in nyc we dont trust the character judgement of boss hog in some small town to hand someone a ccw permit and roam our city and that is not breaking the constititution.

as the hebrew national commercial says we answer to a higher authority and the nyc standards and scrutiny are way higher and thorough than many areas that use just an insta-check or the buddy of the issuing agent...

quite frankly i dont trust some of the judgement and methods used in other areas when it comes to ccw background checks.

courts have upheld time and time again that localities have the right to mold the permit system to fit life in that area. these are supreme court decisions not a nyc court or state court that says it.

i have to say with very few exceptions most of the stories like the above are issues because of the persons own stupidity in not taking the time or responsibility to do their homework.. like i said,i shot in many different states and never had an issue because i always looked into what i had to do before going.

maybe we should re-label the thread "abused by their own stupidity"
click on new york and see all the the red, those states dont honor any new york state carry permit so dont tell us how nyc is taking away your constitutional rights when coming here with a firearm from another state.

how many of you even knew thats how it works when traveling state to state?

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City