Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 11:29 AM

10 posts, read 23,201 times

Advertisements

Just wondering with 6 years on the job what would it take to get fired?
Never came up dirty but have had 2 awols every year after my probabtion ended. (about 8 total)Also had a couple random complaints, Does anyone know someone who has been fired for awols/complaints/lateness?

Last edited by sandysanman; 01-24-2012 at 12:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,898 times

Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,898 times
I assume you are in a union position correct? If so, you most likely would be subject to progressive discipline. Your probation ended, so I assume the clock starts over.

The bigger question is why are you going "awol"? Why don't you call in sick or let them know you'll be late? A quick call giving your employer a heads up goes a long way toward preventing disciplinary action.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:49 AM

Working diffrent hours everyday was taking its toll on me. I have always had sleeping problems and working 3 diffrent shifts back to back hasnt helped .i've also have some realy bad luck, i dont think im in a spot to lose job but wanted to get examples of what would be

Old 01-24-2012, 11:50 AM

and yes i am nyc sanitation worker in the union.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:59 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
Well then its almost guaranteed you won't lose your job, so don't sweat it.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:10 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,813,232 times
What a laughing irresponsible JOKE!

The epitome of why Unions must be busted; of how tax payer money is being WASTED!

How is it that a government employee is held to a lower working standard than the average tax payer, and FAR below that of the highest paying tax payer.

Shouldn't government employees be held to the SAME standard as the tax payer?

What business is it that, the 'employee' has a better standard than the 'owner' (the tax payer) of the business??? Government and only government.

I am NOT paying so that this loafer can have a job. I want my taxes to be as low as possible. To achieve that, government MUST be run as efficiently as possible. That means to the highest standard of PRIVATE employment. Government is NOT a 'jobs program' for losers!!!!

In the real world the OP w/h been fired LONG ago!

AWOL??? WTF is that? I don't show up. I don't call. I don't email. I just act without any sense of responsibility whatsover.

The excuse? I'm tired, run down, and have a sleeping problem (like every dmn body!).

FIRED! FIRED! FIRED! FIRED! FIRED!

In the real world, an employee who provides no worth. Brings nothing to the bottom line. Most 'jobs' are *cost* centers, not revenue generating. If such an employee goes ahhh "awol", they are instantly fired! No excuses, no explanation, no one is interested!

AWOL equals FK your coworkers, FK your boss, FK your company. I don't care that someone else, has to do MY job, has to work harder, has to stay late, has to be responsible for ME! It is a selfish irresponsible act---PERIOD! In an adult world, how is it that childish immature behaviour is rewarded????

Tea Party! Tea Party! Tea Party! Tea Party! NO NO NO MORE TAXES! CUT CUT CUT and CUT some more! NO COMPROMISE! NONE! STOP THE SPENDING! STOP THE BORROWING!

Unionism is for losers who do not wish to compete, succeed and be responsible for themselves; as the OP attests. Unions are nothing more than GANGS! Like the MAFIA! Using their numbers to terrorize individuals. Punks!

How is it that people like the OP feel they are entitled to some portion of or all of other people's money? The money of people who work HARD, who do not go AWOL, and who have found the path to success. Progressive taxation is BS! My money is mine. Your money is yours. We should all be taxed at the same rate; and taxed as little as possible! I work harder, longer, smarter, and earn more. How is it that the government and the OP is entitled to any of it?

Why should I work harder, longer, smarter, to support the OP?

It is people such as the OP that the '"Stimulus Package" of a TRILLION dollars was spent upon. Government Union employees, Federal, State, and local. If not for the wasted and *borrowed* TRILLION, a large portion of these employees throughout the nation w/h been laid off, government spending reduced and forced to become more economically efficient (in other words, get things done, w/o wasting money).

People like the OP and his Union are going to bankrupt this nation.

Gingrinch for President. Santorum for Vice President. Paul for Secretary of State.

NO COMPROMISE!

Old 01-24-2012, 05:34 PM

439 posts, read 896,261 times
... wow coltrane... are you serious?

Old 01-24-2012, 05:47 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
What a laughing irresponsible JOKE!

The epitome of why Unions must be busted; of how tax payer money is being WASTED!

How is it that a government employee is held to a lower working standard than the average tax payer, and FAR below that of the highest paying tax payer.

Shouldn't government employees be held to the SAME standard as the tax payer?

What business is it that, the 'employee' has a better standard than the 'owner' (the tax payer) of the business??? Government and only government.

I am NOT paying so that this loafer can have a job. I want my taxes to be as low as possible. To achieve that, government MUST be run as efficiently as possible. That means to the highest standard of PRIVATE employment. Government is NOT a 'jobs program' for losers!!!!

In the real world the OP w/h been fired LONG ago!

AWOL??? WTF is that? I don't show up. I don't call. I don't email. I just act without any sense of responsibility whatsover.

The excuse? I'm tired, run down, and have a sleeping problem (like every dmn body!).

FIRED! FIRED! FIRED! FIRED! FIRED!

In the real world, an employee who provides no worth. Brings nothing to the bottom line. Most 'jobs' are *cost* centers, not revenue generating. If such an employee goes ahhh "awol", they are instantly fired! No excuses, no explanation, no one is interested!

AWOL equals FK your coworkers, FK your boss, FK your company. I don't care that someone else, has to do MY job, has to work harder, has to stay late, has to be responsible for ME! It is a selfish irresponsible act---PERIOD! In an adult world, how is it that childish immature behaviour is rewarded????

Tea Party! Tea Party! Tea Party! Tea Party! NO NO NO MORE TAXES! CUT CUT CUT and CUT some more! NO COMPROMISE! NONE! STOP THE SPENDING! STOP THE BORROWING!

Unionism is for losers who do not wish to compete, succeed and be responsible for themselves; as the OP attests. Unions are nothing more than GANGS! Like the MAFIA! Using their numbers to terrorize individuals. Punks!

How is it that people like the OP feel they are entitled to some portion of or all of other people's money? The money of people who work HARD, who do not go AWOL, and who have found the path to success. Progressive taxation is BS! My money is mine. Your money is yours. We should all be taxed at the same rate; and taxed as little as possible! I work harder, longer, smarter, and earn more. How is it that the government and the OP is entitled to any of it?

Why should I work harder, longer, smarter, to support the OP?

It is people such as the OP that the '"Stimulus Package" of a TRILLION dollars was spent upon. Government Union employees, Federal, State, and local. If not for the wasted and *borrowed* TRILLION, a large portion of these employees throughout the nation w/h been laid off, government spending reduced and forced to become more economically efficient (in other words, get things done, w/o wasting money).

People like the OP and his Union are going to bankrupt this nation.

Gingrinch for President. Santorum for Vice President. Paul for Secretary of State.

NO COMPROMISE!

Old 01-24-2012, 05:50 PM

439 posts, read 896,261 times
^^^^ Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City