Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 05:00 PM

241 posts, read 591,664 times

Advertisements

for the love of god: Don't quit!!!!!!

What makes you think that quitting will guarantee happiness? Your next job could suck as well. At the minimum, you'd really be stressing about money. That is not going to make you happy either.

Yes, you should be happy in what you do. So, let the search for happiness begin. But please DO NOT QUIT until you have found a new job. DO NOT QUIT. DO NOT QUIT!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 02:36 PM

877 posts, read 2,012,902 times
For the amount of work you have, given the salary, I'd say you're getting a good amount of work. However, if it really depresses you, I'd say to look for another job in the meantime but DON'T quit just yet.

Think about it: in those 4 months of spending your savings, do you think you'd get a job easily? Some hiring processes can take months and by then, you will be running around in circles and unenthusiastic. Honestly, the PR field is hard right now. I'm going in for communications and every single day, I am in fear of getting out of school and not being able to get a job, even a part-time job.
You are only 4 months into this job...what do you think other companies will think of you when they see this on your resume? Your job doesn't seem too bad. I had a PT job over a year ago and it was much worse..I was treated like a slave by my coworkers and while I was physically tired, I was also mentally and emotionally tired.

Continue for the next few months and if it goes to a point where you cannot take it anymore, start searching for other jobs (but don't quit yet).

Old 02-21-2012, 02:48 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,722,017 times
Sure it's horrible to keep working in a job you hate, but you'd be screwing yourself over a million times worse if you quit.

Just send out as many resumes as you can while you're working at your current job, don't stop, don't give up even if you don't hear back from anyone for a while. Just keep applying to other jobs until the opportunity to switch jobs presents itself. There is no better solution to the problem then that, this is not the economy nor the place to put yourself out of work for any reason (short of physical abuse of course).

Old 02-21-2012, 03:20 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
You gotta be strong now. Next time, don't be so quick to trust what people say, but don't quit until you get the next gig, you dig?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City