U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 05:42 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,158,045 times

Advertisements

So occasionally I go to one of the numerous massage places by my job which seem to be on the up and up.

This week I decided to go to one by my house. What transpired I can only count as being something close to sexual harassment. They pulled my pants and underwear down below my behind, and started massaging me all over.

While this was going on, I heard a stream of guys coming in all asking for an hour massage. I wondered if it was not just mere coincidence that they all asked for the same amount of time. They were taken far into a back room and down some stairs from what I could tell by the sounds.

While yes I know some massage parlors exist still that have seedy things going on, I couldn't help but wonder if the one by my house was one of them. I never felt weird at the places by my job, but here it was a completely different atmosphere.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I possibly paranoid? My BF has said every time he passes the place it seems seedy to him.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 05:56 PM

12,120 posts, read 30,272,961 times
you call yourself jana and say you have a boyfriend

if you are a female what are you doing going to massage places? as a customer or as a provider?

unless you are male and have a boyfriend, i don't know

i'm not understanding how it could be sexual harrassment if both provider and customer know such stuff goes on in a massage parlor. how is the scenario you describe (massaging you all over) any different than other mp's?

such mp's are by their very nature in theory are seedy

and paranoia is not unusual because customers are always afraid of a police raid

i don't think i have ever read such an entertaining and odd post before!!

Old 02-12-2012, 07:22 PM

400 posts, read 901,935 times
Come to Main St (last stop on the 7) it wont seem to weird after that.

MASSAGGEEEEE!

Old 02-12-2012, 08:04 PM

387 posts, read 596,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjanna74 View Post
So occasionally I go to one of the numerous massage places by my job which seem to be on the up and up.

This week I decided to go to one by my house. What transpired I can only count as being something close to sexual harassment. They pulled my pants and underwear down below my behind, and started massaging me all over.

While this was going on, I heard a stream of guys coming in all asking for an hour massage. I wondered if it was not just mere coincidence that they all asked for the same amount of time. They were taken far into a back room and down some stairs from what I could tell by the sounds.

While yes I know some massage parlors exist still that have seedy things going on, I couldn't help but wonder if the one by my house was one of them. I never felt weird at the places by my job, but here it was a completely different atmosphere.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I possibly paranoid? My BF has said every time he passes the place it seems seedy to him.
I used to work in an office on 18th ave & 71st st. that had a "massage parlor" upstairs. It was raided evantually.

U want a nice, legit massage stick to a legit spa like AF Bennet, Massage envy or Remedy spa etc...

Old 02-12-2012, 08:20 PM

11,661 posts, read 8,755,352 times
Were the workers there Chinese? Not to sound racist, but I've never come across a legitimate Chinese run massage parlor in Brooklyn, they simply don't exist.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:24 PM

370 posts, read 1,438,653 times
I agree (mostly with rlrl) but BF could stand for Best Friend.....???!!!!

Old 02-12-2012, 08:46 PM

12,120 posts, read 30,272,961 times
never thought of that nightnurse!!

Old 02-12-2012, 09:01 PM

4 posts, read 14,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
you call yourself jana and say you have a boyfriend

if you are a female what are you doing going to massage places? as a customer or as a provider?

rlrl, I hope I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. It sounds like you're implying that massage therapy is something seedy and sexual that is improper for women to partake of...

--------------------------------

I just want to point out that one hour is the standard length for a massage, and massage therapy is used on the entire body, including the glutes... So there is nothing inherently off about those things, Janna. I'm not saying the place you went was necessarily on the up-and-up, or that it was shady, but either way it sounds like there was a huge miscommunication. I'm sorry you had such an uncomfortable experience!!

Old 02-12-2012, 09:05 PM

12,349 posts, read 23,431,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalimalina View Post
rlrl, I hope I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. It sounds like you're implying that massage therapy is something seedy and sexual that is improper for women to partake of...

--------------------------------

I just want to point out that one hour is the standard length for a massage, and massage therapy is used on the entire body, including the glutes... So there is nothing inherently off about those things, Janna. I'm not saying the place you went was necessarily on the up-and-up, or that it was shady, but either way it sounds like there was a huge miscommunication. I'm sorry you had such an uncomfortable experience!!
Do legitimate massage therapists call their place of work a "massage parlor" (title of thread). I always thought that term was reserved for places of ill-repute.

There are plenty of good massage places in this city with well trained massage therapists. To OP - I suggest checking yelp or another review site before going into a place, or at the very least, check the qualifications of the staff before you make an appointment.

Last edited by Henna; 02-12-2012 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-12-2012, 09:33 PM

4,942 posts, read 7,456,937 times
I booked a couples massage at the extremely pricey Great Jones Spa when I first started dating my girl. Booked hot tub time and everything. Needless to say, I didn't need a happy ending from a masseuse that night

Although when I put it like that, I guess I essentially did pay for one haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City