Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 05:30 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,630,951 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I saw a guy in full makeup in the supermarket in Norwood. I don't see that everyday, but I do see plenty of openly gay people in the neighborhood regularly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 05:55 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,072,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
There are a lot of openly gay people in the bronx. Especially lesbians. I don't know where some of you get your info from? Is there like a particular nabe known for gays or an area where they congregate socially? No, not really but there are plenty of gay people living in the bronx, including deep in hood areas.
I know.I saw on news12 a year or so ago that The Bronx has the highest percentage of "gay families" in the city.Gay families being mostly minority, lesbian couples with children.Wasn't surprised because there are at least a few of these kids in my school.

There is a 60 something gay couple in my building that have been here for 25 years and there is a [lesbian] on the board.Plenty of gay people,NYC natives and transplants, in my neighborhood.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 03-21-2012 at 01:56 PM..

Old 03-21-2012, 09:26 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,905,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
The idea that blacks and hispanics are natural enemies of gay people is sort of silly. It wasn't just black people that passed Prop 8 in California, white people had a lot to do with that. The real enemy was evangelicals, the religious. The color of your skin does not effect how you feel about gay rights, but the quality of your religion does.

There are numerous members of the black and latino community that full throatedly support gay rights. There is a lot of racist talk in the gay community about how the black community or the latin community are out to get us. In reality, we are natural allies for equal rights.
Im just stating the facts here. And you since you brougt up prop 8, you might wanna take a look at the numbers. Blacks voted for prop 8 in a higher proportion more than any other demographic group (regarless of religious affiliation).
as for gays in the Bronx; I see mostly these thugish/ghetto looking type of lesbians. I dontt see many feminine gay males up there. Although, there migtt be some.
Anyway, I wish the OP good luck and stay tough up there.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:29 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,240,149 times
I see feminine men In the bronx almost every day. My commute goes through some really dense areas so maybe I'm more exposed to a greater variety of people I dunno. But again there are quite a few gay people living in the bronx. This is not taking into account all the "dl" dudes posing as thugs...

Old 03-22-2012, 04:09 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,248,929 times
And there is a poster who lives on Grand Concourse but he haven't posted in a while... He used to tell how he paraded up and down the boulevard dressed in his princess outfit. No lie.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 03-22-2012 at 04:18 AM..

Old 03-22-2012, 05:14 PM

579 posts, read 945,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I see feminine men In the bronx almost every day. My commute goes through some really dense areas so maybe I'm more exposed to a greater variety of people I dunno. But again there are quite a few gay people living in the bronx. This is not taking into account all the "dl" dudes posing as thugs...
You see "feminine men" in the Bronx every day? Why would you assume that a man who looks feminine in your estimation is gay? There are effeminate men who do not identify as gay. You should not make assumptions about people based on their looks. There are many more "straight acting" men who are gay. Life's not that simple.

That said, I get your point which I think was that these men feel comfortable and that's a positive thing. They say at least 10% of the population is gay and that would mean about 130,000 Bronxites are probably gay.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:13 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,240,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrang View Post
You see "feminine men" in the Bronx every day? Why would you assume that a man who looks feminine in your estimation is gay? There are effeminate men who do not identify as gay. You should not make assumptions about people based on their looks. There are many more "straight acting" men who are gay. Life's not that simple.

That said, I get your point which I think was that these men feel comfortable and that's a positive thing. They say at least 10% of the population is gay and that would mean about 130,000 Bronxites are probably gay.
Didn't say all that I was responding to the previous poster who said you can't possibly be effeminate and male in the bronx because according to that poster it is a deathwish. Of course there are all kinds of gay and straight people, I am fully aware of that.

Last edited by NooYowkur81; 03-22-2012 at 06:22 PM..

Old 03-22-2012, 06:32 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,072,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
And there is a poster who lives on Grand Concourse but he haven't posted in a while... He used to tell how he paraded up and down the boulevard dressed in his princess outfit. No lie.
Eric of Grand Concourse is his name.

There is a picture here in his profile:
//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...se-888685.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...l#post18102209

Memorable quote:
"Well darling, If you ever see a handsome well dressed boy with his "manbag" and sunglasses in a suit or smart weekend leisure garb, LOL or even a glamorous Drag Queen in an evening gown or cocktail dress, please feel free to say hello! Sometimes on Sunday My father and I can be seen walking to the Fordham diner on the uptown side to grab a burger and listen to the conversations of the last of the older people left that sit in the corner and talk about what was....

Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,248,929 times
I remember there was this dude on my block who used to dress up with red knee high boots, mini skirt and a blond wig and presumably hetero sexual because he was married to a woman. He was a so called "periodic transvestite" or "habitual authogynephilic" with no sexual desires towards men or affiliation with Gender Identity Disorder.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:39 PM

2,211 posts, read 4,849,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
I remember there was this dude on my block who used to dress up with red knee high boots, mini skirt and a blond wig and presumably hetero sexual because he was married to a woman. He was a so called "periodic transvestite" or "habitual authogynephilic" with no sexual desires towards men or affiliation with Gender Identity Disorder.
I guess straight guys just sometimes like to feel pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City