Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
When Penelope Cruz was asked how do you feel about the comparsion to Salma Hayek, Penelope said I'm spanish.

The interviewer: So you mean you're a spanish speaking Mexican?

ROFL...
(Of course she was born in Madrid.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 09:19 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
ROFL...
(Of course she was born in Madrid.)
Yea, lol!

Old 02-28-2012, 09:27 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
I hate most of the people in my neighborhood. It used to be nice, but it isn't anymore.
They throw litter on the ground, all the Chinese spit in the street, Almost all the Russians smoke and throw cig butts all over the ground. It is disguating....

We all kept our neighborhood nice and clean, now there are different cultures here that are transient and don't care about our neighborhood,
so yeah, I have a problem with that

Old 02-28-2012, 09:31 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I hate most of the people in my neighborhood. It used to be nice, but it isn't anymore.
They throw litter on the ground, all the Chinese spit in the street, Almost all the Russians smoke and throw cig butts all over the ground. It is disguating....

We all kept our neighborhood nice and clean, now there are different cultures here that are transient and don't care about our neighborhood,
so yeah, I have a problem with that
I hear you on that one. I'm in the same area and the streets are beginning to look nasty.

Don't even get me started on the 2 people who use our alleyway to park their cars and blast music so loud my apt vibrates. One of them is Chinese and the other is Russian. Go figure.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:42 AM

62 posts, read 187,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
I hear you on that one. I'm in the same area and the streets are beginning to look nasty.

Don't even get me started on the 2 people who use our alleyway to park their cars and blast music so loud my apt vibrates. One of them is Chinese and the other is Russian. Go figure.
Sheepshead Bay? Maybe Gravesend?

Old 02-28-2012, 11:13 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmacked View Post
Sheepshead Bay? Maybe Gravesend?

Bath Beach - Bensonhurst - Gravesend

Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 AM

62 posts, read 187,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Bath Beach - Bensonhurst - Gravesend
Thanks. Wonder how I forgot Bensonhurst thou...

Old 02-28-2012, 12:12 PM

82 posts, read 128,296 times
It depends where you live. New York City is so big and diverse that you can live in completely different worlds from neighborhood to neighborhood. I live in Tribeca and love it. It's a beautiful neighborhood and my neighbors are beautiful, upscale and educated. I don't have anymore of a "love hate" relationship with New York any more than anyone living in any other city. In general, certain groups of poor people who live in the outer slums and bring their excessive attitude into the city drag down quality of life. Like the homegirl rolling and shaking her head/giving me attitude at the DMV the other day. Ugh.

Last edited by lucas9; 02-28-2012 at 12:21 PM..

Old 02-28-2012, 12:22 PM

749 posts, read 2,454,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
New York City is the most crowded and diverse city in the world. We are a forced multicultural society.

My question is, how much do you hate people in this city on a scale of 1 - 10?

And we all know we are not supposed to hate anyone, yet almost everyone hates somebody at some time or other, whether he admits it to himself or not.

Tokyo is way more crowded (along with many others) and technically Toronto is the most diverse.

People are generally nice to me in the city, so I would say 8.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:17 PM

458 posts, read 616,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
That's a polite way of acknowledging that "diversity" is a code word, and usually depends on what you're trying to prove. Or who you don't especially care for.
Agreed, and well put. Like many words in PC politics these days, it can mean totally different things depending on who is saying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: