Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 09:03 AM

93 posts, read 331,498 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I just moved to NYC last August. I have a great job in midtown but I have always been interested in real estate rentals etc and this seems like the perfect market for this. Especially in Brooklyn etc

My main goal is to do this on the weekend and in the evening part time to get my feet wet and go from there.

Please help me to find an affordable place in the city I can get my NYC real estate license or brokers license.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 01:00 PM

387 posts, read 679,907 times
My Father teached the NYS Realtors course for nearly 20 years at SIBOR. (Staten Island board of Realtors) He taught the course in Brooklyn as well. It's about $250 from what I remember, than there is a fee for the state test that is given in Manhattan.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:21 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftygl View Post
Hi,

I just moved to NYC last August. I have a great job in midtown but I have always been interested in real estate rentals etc and this seems like the perfect market for this. Especially in Brooklyn etc

My main goal is to do this on the weekend and in the evening part time to get my feet wet and go from there.

Please help me to find an affordable place in the city I can get my NYC real estate license or brokers license.

Thanks
I think you have to be "sponsored" by an active, licensed real estate broker(not a salesperson).

Old 03-25-2012, 06:35 PM

655 posts, read 1,991,614 times
It's now a 75-hour course. Try the New York Real Estate Institute. You don't need to be sponsored by a broker to take the course. Plenty of them come in and recruit you in various seminars.

As for getting your broker's license, you need to be a salesperson for two years and accumulate a certain amount of points. Plus there's a broker's licensing class.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:39 PM

395 posts, read 1,214,111 times
I attended NYREI and they are very reputable. Most classes are taught well and one teacher has compiled a study guide for the state test. Their prices are competitive and they offer both in class and online classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City