Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 10:28 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,293,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
He also said the area immediately north of Brooklyn College (from Ocean to Flatbush) should be yellow, since there is some crime coming from the apartments along Ocean Avenue, but he said that's up for debate.
I agree. Revised.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 04:02 AM

40 posts, read 112,291 times
Great map. *Is it possible to combine them into one map? *Areas that fall outside of the shaded zones are "green"?

Thanks.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:55 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomani View Post
Great map.
Thanks.

Quote:
*Is it possible to combine them into one map?
I don't think they can be combined, but maybe if I can get to it, I'll make a "5 boroughs safety map" and put it up, and maybe it would be possible to revise my OP to include it.

Quote:
*Areas that fall outside of the shaded zones are "green"?
Yup.

Quote:
Thanks.
You're welcome.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:16 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,562,043 times
I was wondering if the South Williamsburg area from Broadway to Division west of BQE should be colored yellow like around the Berry PJS?

Old 06-24-2012, 06:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,305 times
Default gay areas

I looking for gay areas in Manhattan or outskirts. Thanks

Old 06-25-2012, 06:13 AM

40 posts, read 112,291 times
Quote:
Thanks.

I don't think they can be combined, but maybe if I can get to it, I'll make a "5 boroughs safety map" and put it up, and maybe it would be possible to revise my OP

Hi Checkmate,

Thanks for that. I *would do it myself but I cant see a way to merge them easily enough and I am not a native so I don't really want to redo them from scratch as I couldn't maintain it.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:10 PM

242 posts, read 1,184,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Do you walk through Navy Walk at night too?

Fort Greene/Clinton Hill stays the way it is.
lol, yes I do. Have you been to the area recently? It's become so unbelievably gentrified- particularly the Myrtle-Dekalb area east of the park. It's all a mix of college kids, young professionals and families. I swear, with the number of strollers invading its turning into the next park slope. I guess I see your point around Classon/Willoughby/Lafayette with the projects over there. The furthest east I would even consider a yellow border is Hall st.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
I was wondering if the South Williamsburg area from Broadway to Division west of BQE should be colored yellow like around the Berry PJS?
Makes sense. I'll change that.

Quote:
Hi Checkmate,

Thanks for that. I *would do it myself but I cant see a way to merge them easily enough and I am not a native so I don't really want to redo them from scratch as I couldn't maintain it.
If I send you my email address, you could add me as a collaborator. Then, you could try to copy it as best you can, and since I would have access as well, I could make tweaks and changes so it matches the original maps.

You could do it at your convenience, of course.

With that said, it seems as if every single project that's in yellow has the "NYCHA" label on it, which means that it's only yellow because it's a housing project. I think there are a few that should have the label removed (which would mean that the crime rate within the projects warrants a yellow shading, even if it wasn't a housing project). I was thinking the Astoria Houses, Ravenswood Houses, and possibly the Marlboro Houses.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:36 PM

34,090 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
With that said, it seems as if every single project that's in yellow has the "NYCHA" label on it, which means that it's only yellow because it's a housing project. I think there are a few that should have the label removed (which would mean that the crime rate within the projects warrants a yellow shading, even if it wasn't a housing project). I was thinking the Astoria Houses, Ravenswood Houses, and possibly the Marlboro Houses.
Explain?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-25-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Explain?
All housing projects are yellow by default, right? I want to differentiate between those that are being labeled just because they're housing projects (as nei said, because the layout and everything makes it easier for somebody to hide out and attack you), or because there have actually been incidents in the project.

Because as of now, every single project labeled yellow is like that just because it's a housing project (because we put the "Note: NYCHA" label on every single yellow project). I want to see which ones actually merit the label because of very few reported incidents, and which ones actually have a decent number of incidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City