Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 09:11 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,702 times

Advertisements

College educated does not mean a god damn thing. It just means you have people who are academically smart. It does not mean they are respectful law abiding citizens, who loves our fair city at all. It started with non-heterosexuals taking over the projects, and then college students ( walking credit cards ) rented apartments. When the non-heterosexuals came along, people were moving families in.

It is like I went to an expensive but I end up working with grade school educated people, who have the slightless respect and love for their surroundings. Allways whining and complaining. Those are the gingerficators we are talking about.

Quote:

Anyone with a stable job with an income greater then the surrounding community, causing waves of revitalization can be considered a gentrifier. Gentrifiers can be of any race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, age, or gender.
Or a college student who still thinks, the Disney channel dramas are, gold.

Quote:
The taller the building, the more units, the more poor that can be subsidized.
People needs places to live. You can't tell a person to go away, because they do not like a pretty picture. Some of these people make over $4,000 dollars a month and have children from divorced families. Are you going to blame the incorrect actions of children because the wrong doings of somebody else?

Next you shoudl throw the elderly out, because they should not be in a tall beautiful building, with fast moving elevators, and staff working 24/7 hours a day. Why not dump the old thing in a two floor project housing, next to where druggies hang out.

Then we move in college kids, and young white collared workers instead. When they get old we throw them out.

Finally we get rid of lowering rent all together.

A lot of stuff occured in the past, and instead of importing new citizens, we need equip the current citizens with the earning power. What happen in the 1970's instead of training new people we just hired immigrants from far off nations, and called it a job well done. Which is pretty much gingerfication in a nutshell.

In fact lets call it the American proccess.

Immigrant
children
homeless/bum/deported/dead in some war/living at home until they can land a job
repeat

It is like how parents disowned their children because they had children outside of their race or religious group. It is happening all over again. It is right in front of your eyes. Hatmonger starting the proccess all over again, in one full circle.

When USA is at war with China, Iran and Mezzo America. Everybody will be running around like chickens with no heads. The same thing will occur. Maybe USA will get absorbed back into the common wealth one day. Then we will get rid of all the non-european races and keep some around for atmosphere. Just like the teather people wants everything. Stupid will win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 10:15 AM

343 posts, read 1,025,929 times
Black population surges in East New York as it falls across the borough and city * - NY Daily News

Black population surges in East New York as it falls across the borough and city
A surge in the number of black residents has made East New York one of the fastest growing neighborhoods in Brooklyn, even as the black population across the borough and citywide fell dramatically.

The black population increased by 13% in East New York from 2000 to 2010, according to a new analysis of census data by the Department of City Planning - absorbing many residents who were priced out of other neighborhoods as the borough’s black population fell by 6%.

Moving out of neighborhoods like Bedford Stuyvesant, some black residents left the city altogether, decamping for the suburbs or the South - but many of those who stayed in the borough ended up in East New York.

Many described the move as a last resort.

“In Bed Stuy it used to be a lot of black and Latinos and the rent wasn’t bad...It used to be easy to find an apartment in Bed Stuy, but now the landlords don’t want to accommodate people in government programs because they have a demand from white people,” said Jasmine Bennett, 32, who moved from Bed Stuy to East New York two years ago.

Bennett, a stay-at-home mom, moved because she couldn’t find an apartment big enough for herself and her husband and eight kids that would take Section 8 benefits.

She now regrets it, citing high levels of violence in East New York. “I don’t like it here for my kids. I don’t even like going to the park. If I had known how bad it is here, I would have tried to stay in the three bedroom apartment in Bed Stuy,” she said. “I know I can’t afford to go back there. I'm thinking about moving out of New York."

The East New York numbers mirror an opposite pattern in neighborhoods in Central Brooklyn.

In the western part of Bedford Stuyvesant, the white population shot up 634%, while blacks fell 14.6% - from 69% of the population to less than half. Northern Crown Heights lost more than 10,000 black residents, a 12% drop, while the white population grew 186%. Similar changes took place in Clinton Hill, Fort Greene, Prospect Heights, and Prospect Lefferts Gardens.

Besides East New York, Canarsie and Flatlands have gained many new black residents.

Holly Hall, 28, was apartment hunting in East New York Thursday, planning to move from Crown Heights, where she has trouble affording her $1200 a month rent.

“The only reason people are moving out of Crown Heights is that the rent is too high,” she said. “The high rents are pushing us to East New York and Brownsville. I can’t even afford Bed Stuy. They’re going to cram all the black people out here.”

Black residents seeking a neighborhood they can afford have also moved to East New York from other parts of the city.

“This is the cheapest place you can live, and that’s because people are getting shot and robbed,” said Jason Turner, 24, who moved from Queens five years ago.

Some are considering following the thousands of black residents who left Brooklyn over the last ten years - a net migration of 121,597 people.

"I'm planning on moving out of the city--out of the state even,” said Alisha Fields, who moved to the neighborhood from Astoria five years ago. “The rent here is going up and up, and at the end of the day people won’t be able to live anywhere.”

Read more: Black population surges in East New York as it falls across the borough and city * - NY Daily News

Old 05-12-2012, 10:19 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoros View Post
Black population surges in East New York as it falls across the borough and city * - NY Daily News

Black population surges in East New York as it falls across the borough and city
A surge in the number of black residents has made East New York one of the fastest growing neighborhoods in Brooklyn, even as the black population across the borough and citywide fell dramatically.

The black population increased by 13% in East New York from 2000 to 2010, according to a new analysis of census data by the Department of City Planning - absorbing many residents who were priced out of other neighborhoods as the borough’s black population fell by 6%.

Moving out of neighborhoods like Bedford Stuyvesant, some black residents left the city altogether, decamping for the suburbs or the South - but many of those who stayed in the borough ended up in East New York.

Many described the move as a last resort.

“In Bed Stuy it used to be a lot of black and Latinos and the rent wasn’t bad...It used to be easy to find an apartment in Bed Stuy, but now the landlords don’t want to accommodate people in government programs because they have a demand from white people,†said Jasmine Bennett, 32, who moved from Bed Stuy to East New York two years ago.

Bennett, a stay-at-home mom, moved because she couldn’t find an apartment big enough for herself and her husband and eight kids that would take Section 8 benefits.

She now regrets it, citing high levels of violence in East New York. “I don’t like it here for my kids. I don’t even like going to the park. If I had known how bad it is here, I would have tried to stay in the three bedroom apartment in Bed Stuy,†she said. “I know I can’t afford to go back there. I'm thinking about moving out of New York."

The East New York numbers mirror an opposite pattern in neighborhoods in Central Brooklyn.

In the western part of Bedford Stuyvesant, the white population shot up 634%, while blacks fell 14.6% - from 69% of the population to less than half. Northern Crown Heights lost more than 10,000 black residents, a 12% drop, while the white population grew 186%. Similar changes took place in Clinton Hill, Fort Greene, Prospect Heights, and Prospect Lefferts Gardens.

Besides East New York, Canarsie and Flatlands have gained many new black residents.

Holly Hall, 28, was apartment hunting in East New York Thursday, planning to move from Crown Heights, where she has trouble affording her $1200 a month rent.

“The only reason people are moving out of Crown Heights is that the rent is too high,†she said. “The high rents are pushing us to East New York and Brownsville. I can’t even afford Bed Stuy. They’re going to cram all the black people out here.â€

Black residents seeking a neighborhood they can afford have also moved to East New York from other parts of the city.

“This is the cheapest place you can live, and that’s because people are getting shot and robbed,†said Jason Turner, 24, who moved from Queens five years ago.

Some are considering following the thousands of black residents who left Brooklyn over the last ten years - a net migration of 121,597 people.

"I'm planning on moving out of the city--out of the state even,†said Alisha Fields, who moved to the neighborhood from Astoria five years ago. “The rent here is going up and up, and at the end of the day people won’t be able to live anywhere.â€

Read more: Black population surges in East New York as it falls across the borough and city * - NY Daily News
I agree with the people on the article that they should move out of state or down south. You can make your dollar stretch further down south.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:21 AM

578 posts, read 1,092,779 times
And what do you consider "cool"? Perhaps this is why you can't embrace gentrification seeing as you have the mentality of a 9th grader.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:32 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
you have to be rich or at least upper middle class
to be able to afford gentrification.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrYtYcL View Post

what do you think is cool?
Nice post...the people who complain about gentrification are the ones who are into the culture of pictures you posted. Smh......

Old 05-13-2012, 09:02 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Nice post...the people who complain about gentrification are the ones who are into the culture of pictures you posted. Smh......
Yea man all those thuggish black characters in those pictures like Miles Davis... we gotta rid the city of all these ghetto Jazz musicians...

With each post you show more and more how desperately you want this city to be rid of black and hispanic folk entirely...

Old 05-13-2012, 09:42 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
I heard Miles Davis used to lurk on the corner of 52nd street with a hood on looking for victims...

Old 05-13-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Yea man all those thuggish black characters in those pictures like Miles Davis... we gotta rid the city of all these ghetto Jazz musicians...

With each post you show more and more how desperately you want this city to be rid of black and hispanic folk entirely...
Funny how you conveniently ignore the majority of the pictures that reflects and insinuates "hood" lifestyle such as the graffiti, Wu-Tang and other rap artist that has plagued the NYC for decades.

The more and more you criticize me about what I post, the more and more I come to the realization you'd wish all white people, yuppies and hipsters alike would move elsewhere so your "peoplez" (blacks and latinos) can run the city and spread your ghetto fab culture to every block in the city. SMH. Ain't happening homie! Keep dreaming.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:00 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,702 times
You folks sound like a bunch of racists, who are glued to your imaginations. You classify anybody who is not pale enough as being African anything. Then you whine about stuff that is long dead. I mean like dead, like how the Jessie Ventura is not going to be running for the Presedency anytime soon. Their is no god forsaken hood, just a bunch of youths mimicing teleivision, radio, youtube, and more crrrreeeeewwwwlllll ( for you East Asian fans ) stuff. I have this sharp feeling that somebody reading this, have barely any exprience in a diversed setting. Probably getting the same feeling, when somebody looks at a Asian person.

The only thing that is wrong, with NYC is god damn outsiders, foriengers, and non-natural born citizens, living in their god forsaken imagination. It is like how people thinks that their are crazy murderous hilbilies from the south, and they have shotgun weddings. How the Mafia is a term for Organized crime, or syndicates.

The problem with Gingerfication are these post 911 idiots coming in, trying to find out what is so great about NYC. Not the college students/yuppies who are going to get somebody pregnant, and deal with moving issues, or even the artsy fartsy people. I do not want anymore bald white men in my city, who has the word "******" on the end of their touge, but holds the word, when dealing with customers. First it starts with them, and then older generations start to fill the younger generations minds with rubbish like this.

The next thing I do not want to see, are the same morons from another state, going into the classrooms, and designating everybody. "Your going to be a criminal, your going to be a rapist, your going to get pregnant by 11, your going to be a suspect, and your going to be a cop killer".
Making the worlds dumbest speeches, ever. Just instruct, the class and stop being a whining baby.

The only reason why nobody even go outside and start picking off these ignorant people, is that people believe in god. If nobody believed in god, the entire world would go to hell, that is the reality of peace. Otherwise everything would be like a scene from "Deathwish".

Quote:
And what do you consider "cool"? Perhaps this is why you can't embrace gentrification seeing as you have the mentality of a 9th grader.
We had good days and bad days. We can take the good that came out of the bad and do something right with it. Like take the Naszi's technolgies, that Russia and USA gobbled up for themsleves.

I would rather have that, then some yuppie talking about petrified wood, or
how we are doing good by giving poor poor poor eastern Europeans ( Northen Asians ) jobs.

When did race ever matter in NYC? When you fill out that stupid card to get a job, when you do a census, and when the lawman needs a discription. What about cultures? It is like everybody forgot about the entire history of the United States, and just went back to the post days of WWII. Whiter means a brighter future, Whiter means a righter future. Manifest destiny, garble.

Lets all be fair. For people who actually was surrounded by the rap culture,
we got tired of it. We are so tired of it, seeing it makes us remember growing up. Okay not everybody had a wonderful childhood, or reasonable young adulthood, but that does not mean people should crybaby their way around life.

The 1970's, many people did became criminals, but it was because they used drugs as a scapgoat to crackdown on people. Many criminals today were not properly defended, and framed. However being pushed to that level, they end up having to make life treathing decisions, till they get usted it. They get released and continued the prison culture. Do you know how people from prison gets released? They take a bunch of them on a bus, and let them off in the middle of nowhere, when it is, early in the morning.

Why not 1980's? Because everybody was like, you Coca-Cola. you pretty 1950's blonde, who is non-exsistant. you future world.
A whole bunch of ADULTS, knew what really occured during the past ten and twenty years, like right now a bunch of ADULT really knew how the past twenty years was really. Not any young below the belt hipsters, yuppies, and people who never seen a rotary phone, inside their home.

Nowadays everybody keeps ranting on the 1980's, when it was the best time to be alive, and all you had to do was, work and stay clean. Just because a couple of crybabies who never ever got what they wanted, does not mean they need to ruin an entire memory of a generation group. It was beautiful, no matter what age you were.

Speaking of Latin/Spanish people, has anybody ever wonder why they are so unhappy all the time? I have not seen a happy Latin person, who is light skinned in a long time. I am am just wondering, because their is a big criminal rate for the Latin/Spanish culture as well.

.................................................. ...................................

Hank Hill Encounters Occupy Arlen! - YouTube

King of the Hill on Hipsters - YouTube

This is how everybody native to NYC feels about gingerfication. The only people supporting it, are the racist scumbags, who probably kick their sons
to the curb and have daughters floating face down in a Long Island gully.
Bastards who probably were immigrants themsleves, and are keeping double books. Bastards who probably, who never had any real sex, or was bullied by druggies.

I have a Grandmother, and everytime she describes black people, she uses the word ******, Niggle, Nigget. Their is no way to stop her, from making that description at all, because that is how people spoke back then, in the 1940's, while she was born in the late 1920's. That is how some people are, no matter how you approach them, they will do whatever they want to do, and stay that way forever. Without absolutely no argumentation, they will never understand.

I realize that a lot of older women love clean shaved men. I realize the generation gap between the Lost era, hippie, and restoration generation.
I think it is funny, because I imagine all the people taking advice from somebody who can barely understand how to use a television set.
The whole entire world is centered in betweens a woman thighs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City