Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 03:32 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,797,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
To show the extent of the minority population in these areas. For example, you may know that the South Bronx mostly consists of minorities but somebody let's say moving from Montana probably wouldn't know. And to tell you the truth, I was surprised by the exact numbers. Though I knew the majority was minority, I didn't know upwards of 95% in some cases.

Also I wanted to see the order of the rankings of these areas from worst to best....as to get an idea as to which part is the worse of the worse. Since noone's tried..disregarding my lack of knowledge...i'll give it a go. From Worst to Best

CD 1
CD 3
CD 5
CD 4
CD 2
CD 6
CD 7

that about right?
You can't judge, they are all about the same. Only CD 7 has a few sizeable areas left that are so-so left around Mosholo Pkwy. Part of the Bedford Park and Norwood areas. You also forgot CD 9, nasty areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
theyre all messed up. it would be trivial to say which one is slightly more then the other.

the best would be cd7...cuz bainbridge is a decent area.
Whoa not Bainbridge Ave. Moshulo Pkwy, as far northwest as you can get. Even there you will find a few nasty blocks these days. Also the proximity to worse off areas and the current slow but steady decline makes this area a hard sale for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 09:30 PM

216 posts, read 992,663 times
i meant the bainbridge area in general, not the av. thats what everyone called it back then. nowadays, some call it "norwood", i guess lol. i honestly never heard of the term norwood til i read it on this board.

same with clinton (quite funny), for hells kitchen.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 AM

1,526 posts, read 5,602,196 times
So what's the point, supermario? Higher minority=more danger? As a minority yourself, what is the impetus of posting this?

Old 09-22-2007, 11:05 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,041,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvira Black View Post
So what's the point, supermario? Higher minority=more danger? As a minority yourself, what is the impetus of posting this?
I posted this a few weeks ago. I was just interested in seeing the percentage of minorities in some of these neighborhoods. While I knew that the percentage was high, I did not expect upwards of 95%.

I dont think higher minority equal more danger. The situation that the minorities are in conduce crime. Not really there fault though.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:29 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,000,582 times
Actually in this city we are "majority" so to be accurate we should use the term "majority" or "people of color" not minority. To ease the confusion for those in the rest of the country, "people of color" would be more accurate instead of "minority", especially considering that people of color are the majority in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City