Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 07:05 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,631,584 times

Advertisements

It’s strange that Hustla is crying foul regarding personal attacks. He has called me insulting names in the past for choosing the live where I do. It’s obvious why those who live here care so much about the Bronx’s future. We want the best for ourselves and our children. Of course we want to see it keep improving. Of course we don’t want people to abandon it. I don’t know why someone who says he is leaving NYC would care so much--that is to repeatedly insist that the Bronx has no future, and to belittle those who believe otherwise. I live here and see the positive changes. I’ve also recently started to get involved in my community. For those who will only whine and say that things will never change…your time would be better spent doing something positive to bring about the changes you’d like to see.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:09 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
This thread is being closed due to personal attacks..

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do no attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility.
Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards.

If you disagree with something, say so, but explain WHY.
Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead.

English is the only language to be used this board, use translation software if needed.

Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City